Elliott Co. losing

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would make for a really good board .:eek: 50 repeat posts of "good game" without any debating as to why x team won and what y team didn't do to win the game etc. now, wouldn't it. I don't think the facts that Rose had more rebounds, shot a better percentage, had a better game plan debatedly, are excuses as to why they won just as I don't think the low shooting percentage some have stated about Elliott are excuses. Just facts. Good luck with Bath and you're right, it doesn't matter now, but makes for some good debates and that is what this site is all about.

I'm all for a healthy debate, I just don't like being misquoted or taken out of context to say something negative against a fine team of quality young men. In this case that goes for both the Rose Hill and the Elliott County kids.

This makes my 30th post. You can go back and read all of them and won't find one negative comment about a player, coach or team.

I'm all for a healthy debate, I just don't like being misquoted or taken out of context to say something negative against a fine team of quality young men. In this case that goes for both the Rose Hill and the Elliott County kids.

This makes my 30th post. You can go back and read all of them and won't find one negative comment about a player, coach or team.

Me either. Close to 80 for me and same.

All of this could be true. Elliott has a true good team and it is true they lost to two good teams. I just do not understand the truth to Rose Hill not being a true small school because they do have a true small student body that a school is classified on. Since when did true county statistics determine the true classification of a true small school ? What if there is 5 schools in one big county are none of those TRUE small schools?

WALRUS--What I meant by TRUE small school is that the players from private schools come from other counties and sometimes other states (case with OJ Mayo when he was at Rose Hill). All the players are not born and raised in that tiny area. When you do that it takes the TRUE out of it no matter if you only have 30 students in the school and 20 of them can dunk.

This is in no way a kick at RH or any other school, but just the plain facts. UHA is the same way. Real small but their players certainly don't all come from Christian County.

These EC threads are priceless. EC is very good but if you read some of my old post I have always said this team will never live up to its fans expectations. You guys accept the fact that you are a top 20 team in the state in the 11 to 16 range IMO. EC blew out a lot of lesser opponents and now have been beat by Rose Hill and taken to the wire by East Carter. The 16th region is not a gimme like you thought but that is O.K. This has to be the most over-hyped team I have ever seen.

Elliott hardly ever wins the battle on the glass. They have however won the biggest portion of their games. They shoot a lot of threes every game and for the most part shoot them well every game. They are a very small team and it should be no surprise that they have to do a lot of outside shooting. I mean "hello World" it's not like they have a major post presence. They have to live and die by the three and have twice this year. But they have lived by the three seventeen times. The three and running also makes them very fun to watch as they have garnered fans from everywhere whom are driving two hrs on nights their own team is playing just to watch these boys who are making a quick flash through high school basketball and evidently raising a lot of positives and negatives. Rose Hill won everybody in the state knows that.

24 of the 31 three's Elliott shot there was no hand or body any closer than three feet.

They didn't fall even though they were good look's.

The other seven were very heavily contested, three of those fell anyway.

Rose Hill does have a complete team now and does play nice defense though it's not the best Elliott has faced this season. Probably 4th IMO.

Rose Hill or any other team also argue's the why's and why not's when they are on the losing end.

It is a normal human response to state "one's own opinion" on why their team won or lost especially on a site that was designed for that purpose.

I wouldn't pay my 15.00 if when someone said, man our defense just choked them slap down and they couldn't do nothing against it....I had to just sit there and wasn't supposed to respond.

By the way BogeyMan I don't feel you have the right to tell me to drop it(post # 48 page 1) until you pay my due's.

Elliott hardly ever wins the battle on the glass. They have however won the biggest portion of their games. They shoot a lot of threes every game and for the most part shoot them well every game. They are a very small team and it should be no surprise that they have to do a lot of outside shooting. I mean "hello World" it's not like they have a major post presence. They have to live and die by the three and have twice this year. But they have lived by the three seventeen times. The three and running also makes them very fun to watch as they have garnered fans from everywhere whom are driving two hrs on nights their own team is playing just to watch these boys who are making a quick flash through high school basketball and evidently raising a lot of positives and negatives. Rose Hill won everybody in the state knows that.

24 of the 31 three's Elliott shot there was no hand or body any closer than three feet.

Rose Hill does have a complete team now and does play nice defense though it's not the best Elliott has faced this season. Probably 4th IMO.

Rose Hill or any other team also argue's the why's and why not's when they are on the losing end.

It is a normal human response to state "one's own opinion" on why their team won or lost especially on a site that was designed for that purpose.

I wouldn't pay my 15.00 if when someone said, man our defense just choked them slap down and they couldn't do nothing against it....I had to just sit there and wasn't supposed to respond.

They have a 6'7" kid. He could be a major post presence IMO.

IMO he is too young and not strong enough at the present time which is when I was speaking of. Most of his career he has played with his face to the basket and has not developed his post skills. Thus it still stand's Elliott does not have a true post presence.

In a way I am glad they don't. I love the runnin and gunnin style they have played the last three season's and it's not been all that bad.......23-8 in 05,06.....25-7 in 06,07

17-2(so far) in 07,08. That is a far cry from years of 6-19 and 5-21 etc. Probably won't be very long till it's back to that. Don't really understand why people would begrudge us being a little....... okay a lot overhyped under the circumstance's. Can I throw in only trip to State in school history without getting completely annihilated.

MUSTANG--I too am an outsider located in the middle of the weak 12th Region, but I have some bias because I like Elliott and have seen them play 6 or 7 times. Being objective, they really haven't played enough Top 10 teams or Power Teams to make an assessment (as one would say in the world of statistics there is not a representative sample to make an assessment) They had one test and lost that against Cov Cath. Test #2 is at Mason on 2-12. Test #3 will only come if they get to Rupp and then only depending on who they draw or if they win a game or so. Had they scheduled some games against Lex Cath, Bryan Station, Scott County, and say a 7th Region team, then we would have a much clearer picture of where they stand. Are they a Top 10 team?? Again, I don't know (opinions are like our backsides and everybody has one), but there is not enough evidence to convict them one way or the other. The only true assessment will be Mason and then a shot at a power team in Rupp if they get to that point.

Where I agree 100% that this Elliott County team could benefit from playing some of the better teams down state, that would probably eventually hurt the program at Elliott County. You have to keep in mind that EC is a very small school and teams like this don't come around every year. That being said, in order to schedule other teams outside the region, they would have to drop area teams off thier schedule. When you drop a team from your area because you are superior in talent, alot of times that is like a slap in the face to that school. Then when you aren't so good and your trying to make a schedule you can be competitive in, these schools aren't so anxious to pick you back up. So Coach Mays has to be careful with how he works his schedule because the big picture has to be looked at sometimes. Elliott's schedule has produced some challenging games and those games will benefit them down the road.:thumb:

By the way BogeyMan I don't feel you have the right to tell me to drop it(post # 48 page 1) until you pay my due's.

My apologies. I think you will probably agree we will never win this argument and rankings really are not important won't you. After all, wouldn't you rather be the State champ than be ranked #1 and not win your region?

I have to agree that the record of this team is amazing and they are the most fun team to watch I have ever seen. If they had the big post player it would probably slow the game down and it would not be as entertaining and the record would certainly not be better than 17-2. I'll take that every year to start a season.

I don't think he's figured that out yet. When he does, I agree.

Well, that begs the question,,,,and I mean no disrespect here whatsoever,,,isn't it the coaching staff's job to help him figure that out? And I'm serious when I say that he could be a major help in the post IMO. Why does he not play there? Again, not bashing, just asking.