Elliott Co. losing

Elliott is very entertaining and very talented. I personally like their kids a great deal and have nothing but respect for the boys I know personally. If that is their style of play then that's fine but you have to understand that it will be very difficult to beat quality opponents night after night if you have no post presence and can't rebound.

I love the way they play but sooner or later the deep shots don't fall.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott is very entertaining and very talented. I personally like their kids a great deal and have nothing but respect for the boys I know personally. If that is their style of play then that's fine but you have to understand that it will be very difficult to beat quality opponents night after night if you have no post presence and can't rebound.

I love the way they play but sooner or later the deep shots don't fall.

It is very difficult to beat quality opponents regardless of what style you play. If you have ever (i'm sure you have) watched Elliott you then know as I stated before they are very small and have no true post player regardless of what is, what is not, what could be,what couldn't be, if you have watched them(i'm sure you have) you then know they absolutely cannot play a slow down style, they struggle offensively, but when they are running it is plain to see that is their game. They are playing the style they play best and are 65-17(last two season's and part of this one) have a 16th region title. I'm pretty sure I am going to vote for them to

"Live To Run....Run To Win!:thumb:

IMO he is too young and not strong enough at the present time which is when I was speaking of. Most of his career he has played with his face to the basket and has not developed his post skills. Thus it still stand's Elliott does not have a true post presence.

In a way I am glad they don't. I love the runnin and gunnin style they have played the last three season's and it's not been all that bad.......23-8 in 05,06.....25-7 in 06,07

17-2(so far) in 07,08. That is a far cry from years of 6-19 and 5-21 etc. Probably won't be very long till it's back to that. Don't really understand why people would begrudge us being a little....... okay a lot overhyped under the circumstance's. Can I throw in only trip to State in school history without getting completely annihilated.

Honey, no one is begrudging you anything. I know I listened to the games at Rupp last year on the internet and screamed at the computer like it would help rooting those boys on. And if they get there again this year, I'll do the same thing. It's the fans that want to make excuses and not give any credit to the victor that has most others in a huff. I like that team and those boys tremendously. You seem to be a fan that has a good handle on reality. And I understand that when you haven't been there before, you can get caught up in the glamor of it all. I wish those boys nothing but luck.

It is very difficult to beat quality opponents regardless of what style you play. If you have ever (i'm sure you have) watched Elliott you then know as I stated before they are very small and have no true post player regardless of what is, what is not, what could be,what couldn't be, if you have watched them(i'm sure you have) you then know they absolutely cannot play a slow down style, they struggle offensively, but when they are running it is plain to see that is their game. They are playing the style they play best and are 65-17(last two season's and part of this one) have a 16th region title. I'm pretty sure I am going to vote for them to

"Live To Run....Run To Win!:thumb:

This is good :dancingpa for all of the Elliott Fans:thumb: the Lions are a good team no matter how they get the wins. Another trip to state and it may even be a long or several years before this happens again. I think the Lions can ROAR all they want.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK ! Just because Elliott lost does not mean it is the end of our season ,far from it! ! ! aLL GOOD TEAMS LOSE . WE Will prevail, :thumb:WE will come back to play again :thumb:and win again. :banana: So what all of you talk about when we win a game. It is a shame you will have nothing to beat us up for, OH I forgot you can bash us for scoring to many points, :thumb:OH or for playing the starters to long,:thumb: OH or for puting then back in the game. :thumb:OR you good say good job Elliott for a small school you DO GOOD !:dancingpa:dancingpa I wish all teams success the rest of the season and be safe.

For Elliott County to be successful they must get over the Rocky Adkins thing. He no longer laces them up for the Lions. It's a slap in the face to all the fine young men who give their all for the Lions every game.

Now here nobody said anything about Rocky Adkins :confused: unlike the RH people. He supports our boys and girls to the fullest.:D

For Elliott County to be successful they must get over the Rocky Adkins thing. He no longer laces them up for the Lions. It's a slap in the face to all the fine young men who give their all for the Lions every game.

Shooey! Now that was funny! I knew it would be over a few heads, but the King's hair was tinglin' I was chucklin' so hard.

Now here nobody said anything about Rocky Adkins :confused: unlike the RH people. He supports our boys and girls to the fullest.:D

I love anyone named Rocky! I can't help myself!! But after RockyII, watchin' Sly Stallone tryin' to bounce that ball with Apollo, I just can't picture anyone named Rocky playing basketball. Uppercut to the chin, yes, crossovers, no!