Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dan Tanna

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dan Tanna

  1. Well let me just add my 2 cents worth, and it's probably not even worth that much, but it's the information I've gathered from reading BGP, and talking to some people very close to the situation. Apparently there are a couple of parents, one of which was an assistant coach, (Let's call him Jim) that simply were at each other all year long. The other parent( let's call him Bob) was criticizing the coaches, and going to other parents telling them that he thought the Rose Hill girls should be doing much better, and winning more ballgames than they were. Now Jim took offense to this, and the war of words started, a lot of it we witnessed on BGP. Now Jim has had enough and is going to take his girl to Ashland, and since he pretty much let it known to everyone that she would be gone at the end of the season he has pretty much been blasting the girls program at Rose Hill on BGP, and to anyone else that he can have as an audience. Apparently in his eyes his girl was the straw that stirred the drink for the Lady Royals, and with her gone the program is just going to crumble. Now from an outsider looking in, this just portrays both of these individuals in a very bad light. What's more, Bob is supposed to be a pastor. And then people wonder why most of our churches are dead these days. I get sick and tired of seeing such pathetic displays.
  2. Doesn't this parent still have a son at Rose Hill? Why would he be doing such a thing?
  3. Congrats to Ashland on the win. I heard some cockiness by Fairview's 2nd baseman in the last inning really cost Fairview this game.
  4. I think they should hire Nikkie Galloway the girl's JV softball coach. If they do, I'll make sure my girl goes out for basketball. :D
  5. You would think you would actually know his correct name if you're going to nominate him. It's Walter, not Walters, and what kind of ties does he have to Russell? Besides Queen and Terry developed on their own, he certainly doesn't deserve any of that credit. He's never had any head coaching experience, and he got out of coaching to spend time with his family anyway.
  6. What do you mean? Are you saying he didn't win an AAU state championship, or are you saying he's not a good coach?
  7. I think Dr. Michael Hunt would be a great choice. I believe his boys attend Russell now, and he certainly knows his basketball. He just led his AAU team to a state championship. He is a great guy, and I think he could pick up where Kidwell left off, and have great success at Russell.
  8. Congrats to the Rams on the win, but giving up 6 runs in 7 innings doesn't exactly sound like the pitcher had the Ashland batters off balance all night. I mean assuming all the runs were earned that would be an ERA of 7.71
  9. The parent should have been addressed, and it should have ended at that. The constant arguing should have not continued on BGP. Whether you realize it or not, a lot of people (students, players and parents) read this site. It's not wonder the girls got fed up with basketball. When will adults start acting like adults?
  10. I've heard from several very reliable sources that the reason that some of the young girls don't like basketball is because of the constant bickering of a couple of parents. It had to be a discouragement for the young girls. I know I got tired of reading the constant bickering on BGP. I wonder if they know what kind of example, and impression it made on everyone.
  11. Yeah, her name is Nickie Galloway. I never saw her play, but I've heard she was pretty good. I'm betting she was a pretty good catcher. :sssh:
  12. The JV game was a good one. The Lions ended up winning in their last at bat. By the way, Russell's new young JV coach is HOT!!!!!!!:flame::flame:
  13. I'm sorry, I didn't even notice your pick. Do you want me to change mine? :lol:
  14. Coach Biggs, and the Tomcats will pull of the upset. Ashland 59 Bath Co. 56
  15. Could it be that you think Mr. Billman had a good game because your team wasn't involved, and you just think Mr. Billman is bad when he makes calls against your team?
  16. Congrats to The Hill on the win. They are clearly the class of this district. I agree that the game was a little rough at times last night, but some of you guys need to realize just how lucky the 64th district was to have a state tournament official assigned to the game.
  17. It seems to me you're questioning the integrity of the official when you say there's a conflict of interest. I'm sure Coach Hicks knew well before the game that Coach Fraley and the official were college roommates. I know that the school's AD and Coach Hicks would have known the officiating assignment for that game long before the game was played, and that they could have requested another official. It sounds like a case of sour grapes after losing on Hicks's part to me. I mean have you ever seen Coach Hicks on the sideline. He is the most theatrical coach I've ever seen. He grabs his head in disbelief after each call against his team, even the ones that are fairly obvious.
  18. After reading the thread in the basketball forum about them not letting the bands play in the district tournament for fear that they would lose money, I'm just wondering if they made the baseball players being honored buy a ticket.
  19. It probably was, but I think the flood from the pool cooled it off.
  20. Congratulations. That is definitely something Ashland can hang their hat on for this season, and is definitely a confidence booster heading into next year.
  21. Maybe they were counting three shots in missed in pregame warm ups.
  22. As I said in my post I was sitting on the top row of the bleachers and that I'm a blind old man, and I said it seemed to be a taunt. I saw him make some sort of jesture toward the young men sitting on the floor. I've never seen an official respond to fans during a game. You may be right, maybe they are all buddies or something. They seem to all be about the same age. How do you know for sure it was a thumbs up and a wink? Were you at the game? If so, what did you think about all the jersey pulling that was going on?
  23. Who was it that said Ashland would probably get better since the one kid quit the team? Congrats to Greenup. I know Ashland has had a rough year all the way around with the football team, the flooding of the gym, but I wouldn't have guessed this in a million years.
  24. I must say that Coach Cooksey must have gotten an awfully good scouting report from the Boyd County-Rose Hill game. He certainly knew to press those 8th and 9th graders from Rose Hill at the end of the game to get the score back to respectability.
  25. Before anybody gets on Ms. Liberty about her pick, I think I might have heard Coach Cooksey tell one of his assistants tonight that he didn't want to win. :D Just kidding Ms. Liberty. I hope to see your Elliott County boys in the finals.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.