Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bath Co. vs. Ashland Predictions (16th Region)

Featured Replies

I know there are 16th Region threads, but all they ever talk about is Elliot Co. or Rose Hill. I wanting everyones thoughts on just this game. I think it will be a very good first round match-up and I'm curious what everyone else thinks. Please, stick to these two teams and what both must do to defeat each other. :thumb:

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bath County will overcome a late charge by the tomcats to win by double digits.

  • Author

I will be the first one to veer off the road and take Ashland in this one. Bath Co. was 1 of only 2 16th Region teams that I didnt get to see play this year so I'm only going off what I have heard. Although Ashland lost there last game, they have been playing better ball as of lately and will pull of I guess somewhat of an upset.

I will be the first one to veer off the road and take Ashland in this one. Bath Co. was 1 of only 2 16th Region teams that I didnt get to see play this year so I'm only going off what I have heard. Although Ashland lost there last game, they have been playing better ball as of lately and will pull of I guess somewhat of an upset.

 

Once again I have not seen most sixteenth region teams this year, but according to khsaa website, Ashland was 2-10 in the last 12 games, that is not very good, while at the same time Bath is solid. Does winning that small amount of games make you considered as playing better ball? Not bashing Ashland-just looking at the record. Tell me why you think they have a chance. Matchups? Players back from being injured?

  • Author

The matchup in this game of Clemmons for Bath and Thomas for Ashland will probably be the best matchup of the whole tournament. Both players are very good offensively as well as play good defense. I say Ashland is playing better ball because they lost something like 11 games in a row at one point and within the last week, they have beaten Fairview as well as coming back on Rose Hill and making it a very close game.

I've seen Bath Co. play and they are tough. I will have to take Bath Co. in this one by 10+.:thumb:

Bath wins this one by 6. Barnburner!

Tomcats will be just to much for the Wildcats. Ashland by 12

Ashland playing well towards the end of the season but still not good enough to stop Clemmons and Metz. I say Bath by 5.

Clemons and Thomas will be a great match up. Jim Bob has turned Clemons loose this season, and Blandon's delivered for Bath. He a terrific player and an even better kid. I got to meet his grandfather Saturday in Morehead. Great folks... :thumb:

 

Thomas is a phenomenal offensive player, but seems restrained at times. Everybody knows Matt can play D, but if he gets it going on the offensive end, the Cats could make a game of this.

 

I'm not sure who the Cats have to match up with Metz. He's only about 6' tall, but weighs a solid 200 to 210 and can probably bench press 100 lbs above his weight... he can power it across the baseline, leap and finish, plus he has good touch out to 25 feet. He'll be a problem.

 

Trusty and Bonner will be a good match in and around the paint.

 

If Ashland plays like they did last week against Rose Hill, this will be a real game where anything could happen. If not, Bath will roll on into round two.

Once again if Ashland shoots a decent percentage they are a tough out. The problem is that they have be so erratic shooting the ball that it is difficult to completely buy into them. As for a prediction I will take Bath in a thight one by 5. This has more to do with how good I think Bath is than anything. Clemons is a great player and as stated before the x factor is Metz.

Anyone know how much Clemons, Metz, and Mase(sp?) is averaging?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.