Elliott Co. losing

You don't do go 17-2 if youre not good team i dont care who it is. EC had a good showing in the 5/3 and in the Kentucky bank classic, And before the RH game handled the other teams in the 16th region pretty easy. The boys on this team are terrific kids and have bright future ahead of them. And many more Wins ahead. Good Luck Elliott Co. See Ya at Rupp!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree. Elliott evidently played (or at least shot) poorly and the game wasn't decided until the final minute.

While I'm not sure that they're top-10 material at this point, I think the 16th is still Elliott's to lose.

I think that it helps re-focus them.[/quote

I agree with you. I think elliott will have a good long week to re-focus themselves before they play morgan on monday. This game proves you cant play perfect every game! Good Luck on the Rest of the Seasons Lions!:thumb:

A true top five team doesn’t show up with a potential regional title on the line and take the night off. I don’t think Elliott slacked at all. The Elliott kids played their tails off. Rose Hill was just not intimidated by a number 5 ranking, and flat out took it to Elliott. RH had just played a top five team from Georgia to a two point margin, and the number 2 team from Mississippi to a 10 point game. It’s hard to be intimidated by 6-1s and 6-2s when you’ve been playing 6-5s and 6-7s that play hard too and can jump out of the gym.

RH broke the EC press and pressure with enough proficiency to control the ball and the pace. RH was able to play EC in a tough man defense that frustrated EC. RH did what it took to win. EC is a very good team. They learn from this loss and improve. RH has been learning from losses to very good teams all season, maybe they can start learning from wins too.

I think that the rest of the state views Elliot County as a good team in a weak region, that dominates their local competition, but are slightly inferior to the true high quality teams around the state.

Being a small school they are entitled to their jubilation and newly-found power of domination, but they are definitely big fish in their small pond.

Were they located in the 11th Region, I doubt that there would be that much stir about the "boys from Sandy Hook."

Most of us in NoKy felt that Covington Catholic would beat Elliot County somewhat comfortably in the 5th/3rd, which they did. CovCath is one of about four "good" teams here in the 9th Region, and certainly not really considered a major state power. Elliot is nowhere on the same planet as a Mason County from the 10th, Scott County or Bryan Station from the 11th, or several of the quality Louisville teams.

Enjoy your success! Don't make them out to be something that they are not, and if they get to Rupp, cross your fingers that they don't draw in with a true statewide contender, or it will be a short stay.

Evidently someone in "the rest of the state" views them as a decent team because most polls, in fact all the rankings I have seen lately, rank them in the top 15 in the state. On another note, anyone that "gets to Rupp" is a contender, or they wouldn't be there. And even such a twisted, egotistical Elliott maniac such as I have never thought that Elliott Co. was #2,#4 or #1 in the state, but all the same, thanks for thanking of us and all your kind words.

I think the loss will only help Elliott, but at the same time will also help Rose Hill. Rose Hill done something that no other team in the Region could do. The big question now is, will Elliott be able to go to the drawing board and adjust? Obvious that just having athletes wont beat some teams like Rose Hill, gonna have to coach a little bit now.

Did Elliott have a tough time matching up?

I think the loss will only help Elliott, but at the same time will also help Rose Hill. Rose Hill done something that no other team in the Region could do. The big question now is, will Elliott be able to go to the drawing board and adjust? Obvious that just having athletes wont beat some teams like Rose Hill, gonna have to coach a little bit now.

Did Elliott have a tough time matching up?

Had no answer for Euton.

Had no answer for Euton.

I figured they would have a tough time guarding Euton. Was Knipp guarding him? Someone stated weeks ago that Knipp keeps trying to be a Guard, so maybe they hurt him in this game by not being able to post up or guard the post in this game.

I figured they would have a tough time guarding Euton. Was Knipp guarding him? Someone stated weeks ago that Knipp keeps trying to be a Guard, so maybe they hurt him in this game by not being able to post up or guard the post in this game.

Knipp spent his evening on the pine. Had 3 fouls in the first quarter. 4th early in the 3rd quarter.

No loss is a good loss, no matter when it is, or who it is by. I totally agree with RickyP, It was a good Rose Hill Win but the tournament is not finished. 5 of the top 7 16th region teams are in this tournament alone!! I don't think Elliott has lost focus, intimidation, or invincibility from this game. Rose Hill was the better team on this particular night. How else do you summarize the stats. Elliott was 15-17 at the FT line, and 16-57 from the field. Euton had 23 points and 18 rebounds. Jackson finished with 17, and the rest of the crew was 10-22 with 22pts & 10 rebs.

Final eval, Euton dominated this game and Rose Hill played excellent Defense which held Elliott to 28% shooting. Nobody from Elliott shot above 50% and stepped up.

Elliott kept looking for somebody to take over and Rose Hill found their man.

As for Rose Hill, what a night and hopefully a promising tournament after that victory. Not only are they deserving of the victory, but are deserving of the regions support if they journey down to Richmond. Congrads on the win, and best of luck next game.

No loss is a good loss, no matter when it is, or who it is by. I totally agree with RickyP, It was a good Rose Hill Win but the tournament is not finished. 5 of the top 7 16th region teams are in this tournament alone!! I don't think Elliott has lost focus, intimidation, or invincibility from this game. Rose Hill was the better team on this particular night. How else do you summarize the stats. Elliott was 15-17 at the FT line, and 16-57 from the field. Euton had 23 points and 18 rebounds. Jackson finished with 17, and the rest of the crew was 10-22 with 22pts & 10 rebs.

Final eval, Euton dominated this game and Rose Hill played excellent Defense which held Elliott to 28% shooting. Nobody from Elliott shot above 50% and stepped up.

Elliott kept looking for somebody to take over and Rose Hill found their man.

As for Rose Hill, what a night and hopefully a promising tournament after that victory. Not only are they deserving of the victory, but are deserving of the regions support if they journey down to Richmond. Congrads on the win, and best of luck next game.

Great post!:thumb:

Evidently someone in "the rest of the state" views them as a decent team because most polls, in fact all the rankings I have seen lately, rank them in the top 15 in the state. On another note, anyone that "gets to Rupp" is a contender, or they wouldn't be there. And even such a twisted, egotistical Elliott maniac such as I have never thought that Elliott Co. was #2,#4 or #1 in the state, but all the same, thanks for thanking of us and all your kind words.
No offense meant!

Just trying to provide an objective outlook from someone outside of the 16th looking in.

A true top five team doesn’t show up with a potential regional title on the line and take the night off. I don’t think Elliott slacked at all. The Elliott kids played their tails off. Rose Hill was just not intimidated by a number 5 ranking, and flat out took it to Elliott. RH had just played a top five team from Georgia to a two point margin, and the number 2 team from Mississippi to a 10 point game. It’s hard to be intimidated by 6-1s and 6-2s when you’ve been playing 6-5s and 6-7s that play hard too and can jump out of the gym.

RH broke the EC press and pressure with enough proficiency to control the ball and the pace. RH was able to play EC in a tough man defense that frustrated EC. RH did what it took to win. EC is a very good team. They learn from this loss and improve. RH has been learning from losses to very good teams all season, maybe they can start learning from wins too.

I am very confused because this had nothing to do with the regional tournament.....