Track the OVC basketball season

MoreheadEagle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray State and Peay are now tied for the league lead with the Racers currently holding the head-to-head advantage.

Murray State travels to Clarksville on Thursday night. I honestly do not like Murray State chances, but they did somewhat improve with Peay's hard game on Tuesday night and the Racers pretty much went on cruise control their entire game.

It will be difficult to win at Peay, but not impossible. Anyone can win in the OVC on any given night. I wish Morehead could play on the road. They are undefeated at home and 2-10 on the road. Go figure...

You want to talk about a hostile environment, go to the MSU/Peay game on Thursday night. The over/under is 7 on the amount of fights that will break out at the game :lol:

I catch myself watching more OVC basketball as the season goes on. I dont know if it is because I am familiar with some of the teams or maybe the games just happen to be on when I am watching tv, I dont know but I have watched a couple this year and enjoy how hard these teams play. Some of these players could of went big D1. I would give some specific names but can't remember.

I catch myself watching more OVC basketball as the season goes on. I dont know if it is because I am familiar with some of the teams or maybe the games just happen to be on when I am watching tv, I dont know but I have watched a couple this year and enjoy how hard these teams play. Some of these players could of went big D1. I would give some specific names but can't remember.

The OVC is a great basketball conference. All the teams are evenly matched for the most part and they all play hard. The kid at UT Martin is near the top of the national scoring average stats. He is a great scorer.

^ I agree.

However, I really feel like the overall strength of the league has gone down the past 4-5 years.

I think there will be a core group of MSU, MSU, Peay, EKU, and possibly SEMO, TState, and TTech that will come on strong for the next few years. Looking forward to a nice little run from Morehead :ylsuper:

I really think it is going to be a two horse race for the top spot in the conference between Murray State and Austin Peay. I ultimately see Austin Peay prevailing. The game down at Samford is going to come back to haunt Murray State.

And if that is the case, the OVC officials who did that game should be ashamed of themselves!!

We are hoping to go to the game February 16th when we go down to visit our daughter.

Go Racers...

You want to talk about a hostile environment, go to the MSU/Peay game on Thursday night. The over/under is 7 on the amount of fights that will break out at the game :lol:

Anyone here besides me old enough to remember Fly Williams from Austin Peay?

What a great chant - "Fly is open - let's go Peay!"