Track the OVC basketball season

MoreheadEagle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other OVC news, Murray State, in consecutive games has taken down the top 2 teams in conference (SEMO by 25 points or so, and Austin Peay last night by 12). That now puts them in the top 4. The Racers have finally decided to turn it on. Plus, they were hosed down at Samford a few weeks ago (if anybody heard about that game) so they should be a game better than they are right now.

In other OVC news, Murray State, in consecutive games has taken down the top 2 teams in conference (SEMO by 25 points or so, and Austin Peay last night by 12). That now puts them in the top 4. The Racers have finally decided to turn it on. Plus, they were hosed down at Samford a few weeks ago (if anybody heard about that game) so should be a game better than they are right now.

I know SEMO has a decent record, but I'm not buying that they're the 2nd best team in the conference. Actually, in the OVC, I don't think there is a frontrunner just yet. I think any team can win on any night and they're all evenly matched - except for Eastern Illinois, which should finish on the bottom.

Still - two good wins for Murrary State.

Approaching the mid-point of the OVC basketball season and thought we could keep the discussion of teams in this thread since we have some fans from each school.

Standings through 1/11/08:

OVC Overall
Austin Peay 6-1 10-7
Southeast Missouri State 6-1 11-6
Murray State 5-3 8-7
Samford 4-3 7-8
Tennessee-Martin 4-3 8-9
Tennessee State 3-3 6-9
Eastern Kentucky 3-4 6-9
Morehead State 3-4 5-9
Tennessee Tech 3-4 6-11
Jacksonville State 1-6 3-12