Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the OVC basketball season

Featured Replies

What is the season series between Morehead and EKU (W/L)?

 

MSU leads 1-0. They play next Weds. in Richmond.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MSU leads 1-0. They play next Weds. in Richmond.

 

Murray really needs to Morehead to win. I like Murray's chances down in Nashville against Morehead more than against EKU.

 

Murray's final 3 games are against...

 

EIU

@ Tenn. Tech

UT-Martin

 

With the way Murray has been playing, I would not be suprised to see them lose @ Tech.

 

Peay all but has the top spot wrapped up.

 

Spots 2-4 are up in the air.

 

Murray holds a 2-0 advantage over Morehead

EKU holds a 2-0 advantage over Murray

Morehead holds a 1-0 advantage over EKU.

It difficult to beat the same team 3 teams in a row during a season. I expect Morehead to finish the season up 2-2 (wins against J. State/Tenn. St. and losses to EKU/Austin Peay). I wouldn't be too eager to play MSU again if I were you. They may not shoot 25% the next time the two meet.

It difficult to beat the same team 3 teams in a row during a season. I expect Morehead to finish the season up 2-2 (wins against J. State/Tenn. St. and losses to EKU/Austin Peay). I wouldn't be too eager to play MSU again if I were you. They may not shoot 25% the next time the two meet.

 

No, they may shoot better. But with Morehead on the road (which they are not near as good), averaging only 48 points against Murray (26%, and 27% in both losses), I like those odds more than a team they have lost to 4 times in a row now with more experience.

^ I still think the Samford loss may come back to haunt Murray State.

 

I would feel a lot more secure at 12-5 than 11-6.

^ I still think the Samford loss may come back to haunt Murray State.

 

I would feel a lot more secure at 12-5 than 11-6.

 

One thing is for sure - anything can happen in the OVC. Who would've thought Jacksonville State would kill EKU last night. Now, Morehead travels to Jacksonville State. Suddenly, that's not a guaranteed win anymore. I'm sure you feel like this - Murray was playing great and now all of a sudden they have hit a bump in the road or something. Its definately wide open. I will be very pleased if Morehead holds on and gets to host a first round OVC game. That will be a big accomplishment for the new staff and definately something big when considering where Macy had us.

^ I still think the Samford loss may come back to haunt Murray State.

 

I would feel a lot more secure at 12-5 than 11-6.

 

The Eagles OT loss to EIU looms large too. They could be sitting in 2nd by themselves right now.

The Eagles OT loss to EIU looms large too. They could be sitting in 2nd by themselves right now.

 

Yep, that is the most disappointing loss that I can remember as an Eagle fan. I guess I am happy now that we have a team where losses can actually be disappointing and not expected :thumb:

The Eagles OT loss to EIU looms large too. They could be sitting in 2nd by themselves right now.

 

Yep, that is the most disappointing loss that I can remember as an Eagle fan. I guess I am happy now that we have a team where losses can actually be disappointing and not expected :thumb:

 

The difference between that Murray State loss and the Morehead loss is that Murray was robbed of the victory because of the clock operator; I could handle just losing for the sake of not making enough shots or capitalizing on plays at the end. But losing because they never started the clock is tough to swallow - similar to Rutgers (women) losing the other night.

The difference between that Murray State loss and the Morehead loss is that Murray was robbed of the victory because of the clock operator; I could handle just losing for the sake of not making enough shots or capitalizing on plays at the end. But losing because they never started the clock is tough to swallow - similar to Rutgers (women) losing the other night.

 

There has been some 'ole fashioned home cookin in the OVC this season. Last night at Samford, a Samford player was fouled on a drive. He took 2 steps and took a shot that missed. They said he was fouled in the act of shooting and was awarded two shots. It didn't change the outcome of the game, but still. :mad:

There has been some 'ole fashioned home cookin in the OVC this season. Last night at Samford, a Samford player was fouled on a drive. He took 2 steps and took a shot that missed. They said he was fouled in the act of shooting and was awarded two shots. It didn't change the outcome of the game, but still. :mad:

 

Samford is also where the clock incident took place.

Yep, that is the most disappointing loss that I can remember as an Eagle fan. I guess I am happy now that we have a team where losses can actually be disappointing and not expected :thumb:

 

 

I couldn't agree more :thumb:

 

Hopefully there's a NCAA birth in the next couple of years. They sure are moving in the right direction.

I couldn't agree more :thumb:

 

Hopefully there's a NCAA birth in the next couple of years. They sure are moving in the right direction.

 

It wouldn't take much to have an NCAA birth this season - a season or two ahead of schedule.:thumb:

It wouldn't take much to have an NCAA birth this season - a season or two ahead of schedule.:thumb:

 

 

Eagles would have to win out:

 

2/16 @ JSU

2/20 @ EKU

2/23 @ JMU

2/28 TSU

3/01 AP

 

 

 

Peay would have to lose 3 of 5 just to force a tie.

 

2/16 TTU

2/18 @ TSU

2/23 GSU

2/28 @ EKU

3/01 @ MST

 

 

 

I'm not sure how the tie breaker would come in, and there would still be Murray to contend with if they win out.

 

2/16 EIU 8:30 PM

2/23 ISU 7:00 PM

2/28 @ TTU 7:00 PM

3/01 UTM 8:30 PM

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.