Boone Co/Dixie Heights predictions

Who wins  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody for Dixie needs to step up and be a leader right now. I see a team of a bunch of seniors, but not one of them willing to step up and lead them. Dixie also seems very soft at times do to their offense. They need to get back to smash mouth football to set up the pass. Ride Molony as long as you can. Dixie you are to talented and to experienced to have let down games against teams like Holmes, It is time to show that you are for real, and that you will live up to the hype of the last three years. The time is now for you.

I agree, but no one has done it as yet, not even Maloney. There's no offensive identity. They've Mickey Moused with the offense so much I think they don't get much time to work on defense. Plus seven guys out with injuries and people quitting in mid season, it just does not bode well for the Colonels. When Dixie came out in the unbalanced line/double tight-end set and ran the ball, Holmes had a real hard time stopping it. However, for some reason the power game gets abandoned for the spread and we get stalled (and it's happened in other games as well). I also agree that we need to ride Marty as long as possible but again that just does not occur. You might want to quiz the coaches on the reason why because those of us who attend the games cannot figure it out. And I hate to second guess the coaches because of the way I was taught back in the day. I just know what I see.

Ok, I'm going with Dixie on this and thinking that maybe after last week they will have a little (alot) of mean and angry in them and just be stuffing people this week. The D is going to want to hit someone and the O is just going to want to pound the ball down the field and work out a little (alot of) frustration.

I agree, but no one has done it as yet, not even Maloney. There's no offensive identity. They've Mickey Moused with the offense so much I think they don't get much time to work on defense. Plus seven guys out with injuries and people quitting in mid season, it just does not bode well for the Colonels. When Dixie came out in the unbalanced line/double tight-end set and ran the ball, Holmes had a real hard time stopping it. However, for some reason the power game gets abandoned for the spread and we get stalled (and it's happened in other games as well). I also agree that we need to ride Marty as long as possible but again that just does not occur. You might want to quiz the coaches on the reason why because those of us who attend the games cannot figure it out. And I hate to second guess the coaches because of the way I was taught back in the day. I just know what I see.

Did someone quit the team in the last few weeks? Just curious. Feel free to PM me if you would rather not say the kids name.

I do have to say that this is the flatest, most non emotional Dixie team I have ever seen. The only emotion I usually see displayed on the side lines during most of the games is depresion when things go bad. It is the job of the bench to cheer on your team mates, pick them up when they are down, and set the tone. The tone that we've been setting this season reminds me mostly of Barry Manilow.:D

Im not a "we" I am a Scott Eagle, i just know a fair amount of people on that team, I hate to see them underachieve. i agree with everything you say though, and as I am not close to the situation, I have no idea what is going on with injuries. I just hate to see a bunch of kids, not live up to the very great potential they have.

Not only will this one not be close, but the one against Ryle in a few weeks won't be close either. BC is clearly the team to beat in NKY 6A.

Pretty obvious to me that you do not know a lot about rivalries in Northern Kentucky. Ryle-Boone will be very close and I have a strong hunch that the Dixie-Boone game will be very close, too.

Its just Southwest Ohio, some of Kentucky, a bit of Indiana. Basically, its the tri-state plus maybe some KY viewers outside of the tri-state.

I think Fox Sports Ohio is carried by most Ohio cable networks if not all? So I am assuming that the HS games that they show are state wide in Ohio? Maybe not live in all areas but the replays are statewide in Ohio throughout the Fox Sports Ohio Network?

I know I have seen a few games from northern Ohio on Ch 49 here in NKY this season. Last night I was watching the replay of the Canton McKinley game Vs Massillon Perry.

To me I give Boone the slight advantage over Dixie, but like someone said Dixie should give Molony the ball at least 30 times this game. Then when Boone gets comfortable with Dixie running the ball then you go play action and hit Detmer deep with a pass. Dixie just needs to run more with Molony period and use Bricking to on quarter back keepers because he has some speed too. Farris will get his yards no stopping that probably, just need to make sure to contain Bogle at quarterback and Doucette at wide receiver and then Dixie might squeak out a victory.

I don't have a link:

FSN OHIO

In Kentucky - Insight Cable - Channel 49

Ohio - Time Warner - 43

The Toyota High School Football - Game of the Week

Exclusive coverage of the area's top match-ups featured on FSN Ohio's seven-game package this fall

Cincinnati – FSN Ohio, along with Don Schumacher and Associates Inc., are bringing the finest high school football action home to the fans with a schedule of seven local, live, and exclusive games beginning this September. The Toyota High School Football Game of the Week on FSN Ohio schedule is as follows:

2007 Regular Season Telecast Schedule

Date Day Opponent Time

9/6 Thursday CHCA @ Mariemont 7:00 p.m.

9/13 Thursday Colerain @ Mason 7:30 p.m.

9/20 Thursday Sycamore @ Lakota East 6:30 p.m.

10/4 Thursday Turpin @ Kings 7:00 p.m.

10/11 Thursday Boone County @ Dixie Heights 7:00 p.m.

10/18 Thursday Harrison @ Glen Este 7:00 p.m.

10/25 Thursday Fairfield @ Hamilton 7:00 p.m.

Kicking things off one half hour prior to gametime is FSN Ohio's pregame show, "High School Football Live, presented by John Deere." Jeff Piecoro and pregame analyst/sideline reporter Dave Lapham Jr. host the show.

Calling the action will be Brad Johansen, who just completed his seventh season as the radio play-by-play voice of the Bengals. Johansen is also sports anchor for Cincinnati's WKRC-TV (CBS/Channel 12) and the play-by-play voice of Xavier basketball on FSN Ohio.

Color analyst will be Dave Lapham Sr., a Bengals offensive lineman from 1974-83, who just finished his 21st consecutive season as the analyst on Bengals radio broadcasts. He also works as a reporter/analyst for Cincinnati's WLWT-TV (NBC/Ch. 5) and is an analyst for Big 12 college games on FSN. Lapham has also done NFL games for NBC and FOX and has worked NFL Europe's World Bowl game on Sporting News Radio.

"FSN Ohio is excited to bring the inaugural season of the Toyota High School Game of the Week home to fans on Thursday nights," said Steve Liverani, Senior Vice President and General Manager, FSN Ohio. "In the fall, high school football is a way of life in Southern Ohio, and we're proud to feature some of the area's biggest and brightest young stars as they showcase their skills this season."

Not only will FSN Ohio, along with partner Don Schumacher and Associates Inc., be making a weekly contribution to the athletic departments of the competing schools, each week, the telecasts will promote the schools' other sports and extra curricular activities through interviews with athletic directors, principals and other key faculty. And, of course, no football game is complete without getting the chance to see and hear the school bands perform at halftime.

All I have to say is GO DIXIE and I am with you guys come heck or high water! I will support our team and stand with you no matter what! I was there when you were Soph's and they said it could never happen....well.....Just remember the determination and will that you had to prove them wrong. Keep believing!