Is Marvin Lewis' time up as Head Coach?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the other three teams in the AFC North and their fans everywhere we hope that Medicore Marvin stays around for a LOOONG time. We support the Bungles staff in every possible way. :ylsuper: We even believe he deserves a raise! :p Or maybe a 15 year contract extension? :lol:

I second that! How about a lifetime contract for the Marv is Cincinnasty!:D

Hot seat? That is insanely funny. Maybe in 31 other cities, but not Cincinnati. Totally inept for 15 years before Marvin got here. Since he's got here they haven't had a losing seaon... 30 straight games have sold out... Everyone on the stadium is decked out in Bengal gear... There is a waiting list for season tickets... Marvin is a saint with his community projects... Mike Brown has finally found someone to be his unofficial GM and has given him the freedom to do as he pleases. IMO Marvin has got the job as long as he wants it...

I feel like Marvin is soft, lacks discipline, and has had ample time to build a defense. I know they have had injuries this season, but the guys that are injured aren't very good. For a guy that had the reputation of being a hard-nosed defensive guy, Marvin sure seems soft to me. The fact that they are selling out games has more to do with Palmer, C. Johnson, and TJ, and less to do with Marvin Lewis.

This Bengals team is all about "Me" and not "team". Palmer has even shown some signs of it. I felt that he was just out to try and match Brady and not on what the team needed to do, I may be wrong.

C.J. imo is hurting this team more than he is helping. He is an amazing reciever, I'll give him that but is concentrating more on his antics and showboating than he is playing football. My advice....".Chad - shut up and play football" :mad:.

Right now I belive that Houshmanzadah (whosyamomma) is more valuble reciever than Johnson. Both of them are weapons for sure but like I said - Johnson is worried more about his "act" than he is this team. He made me want to throw up last night :irked:. I just cannot stand to see a player showboat..............goes back to the old term.."act like you have done it before". Take a page out of the ones like B. Sanders, G. Sayers and others book of class on a football field - Hand the ball back to the official and go to te bench, you have scored before - will no doubt do it again and you expect t do it :thumb:. Players today jump and celebrate a first down :rolleyes:, making a tackle :irked:, etc.. New flash, this is what you are supposed to do :D

Right now the Bengals are a terrible football team that could be pretty decent. Imo that falls on coaching and management..........Bottom Line.

I would like to know who made the decision to dress only 4 linebackers against the #1 offence on the planet. STUPID MOVE!!!

I think that is all they have will all the injuries and legal issues. Also I believe at some point the Bengals adminstration should take some heat for holding onto Thurman and not signing Joey Porter or Trotter. Yes they may getting old but that leadership is what this Bengal defense needs. Too many young players that have no leadership.

On behalf of the other three teams in the AFC North and their fans everywhere we hope that Medicore Marvin stays around for a LOOONG time. We support the Bungles staff in every possible way. :ylsuper: We even believe he deserves a raise! :p Or maybe a 15 year contract extension? :lol:

TRR maybe you and Blue Blazer need to make sure that Ben Worthlessburger wears his helmet and that Whines Hard is happy :sssh::D. (J/K guys, I just had to do something, you left it up on a tee :lol:). Good luck to your Pittsburgh Stealers.......................Not.:lol: :thumb:

Hot seat? That is insanely funny. Maybe in 31 other cities, but not Cincinnati. Totally inept for 15 years before Marvin got here. Since he's got here they haven't had a losing seaon... 30 straight games have sold out... Everyone on the stadium is decked out in Bengal gear... There is a waiting list for season tickets... Marvin is a saint with his community projects... Mike Brown has finally found someone to be his unofficial GM and has given him the freedom to do as he pleases. IMO Marvin has got the job as long as he wants it...

Lets all seriously think about this for one minute. What is the strength to this team? Well obviously the offense. Who are some of the key players to this offense, Chad, TJ, Rudi, then two great tackles in Levi and Willie. And well all those guys were here before Marvin arrived. Then Marvin is given a franchise QB with the first pick in his first year in Palmer. This offense with any coach, was going to be coming on and be good. The coaches before Marvin actually dont get enough credit for this, but had some GREAT drafts when it came to the offensive side of the ball. So this offense under any coach was going to be good. So most likely the Bengals were going to start winning more games under any coach. Even the offensive coordinator was here before Marvin arrived. So the whole strength of this team which was the offense was set in place before Marvin came here. Now what Marvin is suppose to be good at is defense, and well our defense has actually gotten WORSE since he has been here...So maybe the real question is did Marvin really do a great job with this team, or did he just happen to come here at the right time...

I do give Marvin credit because he was able to get this team to believe. However if you really look at it, he actually came into a decent situation...So no I definitely dont think Marvin should have this job as long as he wants. The bengals should have a good enough to team to where year in and year out they are a playoff team, and not just a 8 and 8 team...

This Bengals team is all about "Me" and not "team". Palmer has even shown some signs of it. I felt that he was just out to try and match Brady and not on what the team needed to do, I may be wrong.

C.J. imo is hurting this team more than he is helping. He is an amazing reciever, I'll give him that but is concentrating more on his antics and showboating than he is playing football. My advice....".Chad - shut up and play football" :mad:.

Right now I belive that Houshmanzadah (whosyamomma) is more valuble reciever than Johnson. Both of them are weapons for sure but like I said - Johnson is worried more about his "act" than he is this team. He made me want to throw up last night :irked:. I just cannot stand to see a player showboat..............goes back to the old term.."act like you have done it before". Take a page out of the ones like B. Sanders, G. Sayers and others book of class on a football field - Hand the ball back to the official and go to te bench, you have scored before - will no doubt do it again and you expect t do it :thumb:. Players today jump and celebrate a first down :rolleyes:, making a tackle :irked:, etc.. New flash, this is what you are supposed to do :D

Right now the Bengals are a terrible football team that could be pretty decent. Imo that falls on coaching and management..........Bottom Line.

I wondered if CJ wasn't getting some of the shots here on his lack of blocking down field for the RB's. Lewis had said that this was a focus for CJ this year. It seemed that the RB's are getting hit from everywhere and maybe some of the WR's are not blocking on running plays.

To his credit, he said before the game last night, no celebrations when you are 1-3 and he wouldn't be doing any.

I would have to first question the defensive coordinator for only having four lb's when we are playing the best offensive team in the league. They even showed New England with 8 lb's dressed. Then we have one go down in the first series on defense. Then the offensive coordinator tried to establish a running game with a subpar back. Someone need's to stand up and be accounted for this game plan. I guess we will see how many don't show up for the 4:00 p.m. meeting today. I hope every player does and they do some soul serching over the next 13 day's until the next game at Kansas City. JD

I would have to first question the defensive coordinator for only having four lb's when we are playing the best offensive team in the league. JD

My guess is that the DC would have loved to have more LBs. This falls upon the man who makes personnel decisions.

You're dead on. Brown doesn't care if the team is really good. He cares about lining his pockets. If the fans sell out the seats and the suites he will never do anything else to improve the team.