Is Marvin Lewis' time up as Head Coach?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that the DC would have loved to have more LBs. This falls upon the man who makes personnel decisions.

I thought the same thing. How does Marvin enter a game against the Patriots with only 4 linebackers? He could have deactived a few players and picked up a couple of LB's on waivers.

I also thought that the challenge in the first half was ridiculous and a fine example of Marvin's questionable judgement. I like Marvin. He's a good guy and means well, but I don't think he has what the Bengals need to get him over the top. He would do better as DC than HC. Bring in The Chin.

Artrell Hawkins sat two rows ahead of us at the game, and he said that the team doesn't like Marvin, and they definitely don't respect him. He said that he treats all the players differently. However, he said that NE loves Belichek because all he cares about is winning and he'll rip Brady the same way that he rips a 4th string LB.

I thought the same thing. How does Marvin enter a game against the Patriots with only 4 linebackers? He could have deactived a few players and picked up a couple of LB's on waivers.

Incorrect. He would have had to release players to bring in any one. You only have the 53 guys on your roster and you take 45 of those in to a game. With the wide spread injuries there were no other options available...

No. He's the same guy that is walking with a limp.

I think this is wrong. I believe that Lewis really wanted Sapp. I find it hard to believe that he hasn't wanted to get some of the better LB's that were available, but the guy signing the checks doesn't go get big name free agents b/c they cost too much money. Brown only wants the seats to sell he doesn't want to compete for titles.

Artrell Hawkins sat two rows ahead of us at the game, and he said that the team doesn't like Marvin, and they definitely don't respect him. He said that he treats all the players differently. However, he said that NE loves Belichek because all he cares about is winning and he'll rip Brady the same way that he rips a 4th string LB.

To be honest, I take anything a former player says with a grain of salt.

I think this is wrong. I believe that Lewis really wanted Sapp. I find it hard to believe that he hasn't wanted to get some of the better LB's that were available, but the guy signing the checks doesn't go get big name free agents b/c they cost too much money. Brown only wants the seats to sell he doesn't want to compete for titles.

Different argument. You're talking about the offseason. I'm talking about this week.

Different argument. You're talking about the offseason. I'm talking about this week.

I'm not sure if he could have gotten anyone this week. Did I hear correctly that they didn't even have the practice squad filled out? I think that is all Brown. They need a GM and the Brown family is way too cheap to hire one, but that's another different argument.

:D

I wondered if CJ wasn't getting some of the shots here on his lack of blocking down field for the RB's. Lewis had said that this was a focus for CJ this year. It seemed that the RB's are getting hit from everywhere and maybe some of the WR's are not blocking on running plays.

To his credit, he said before the game last night, no celebrations when you are 1-3 and he wouldn't be doing any.

That is a possibility, He just doesn't strike me as the "team" player - mor eof a "Me" player. He would probably want a bonus check for a downfield block :D

I also heard about that statement about the celebrations, I guess that we will see how long that last. (he has to have the lights on him)

Wow I cant believe people are still blaming Brown for everything..I hope you do realize that the core of this team, is players that he pretty much drafted, since he was the one always in charge of the drafts before Marvin came. He has paid BIG money to keep this great offense intact...However he has a defensive coach who keeps has his defense getting worse every year he is here...Mike Brown is not the problem anymore people, or atleast not the biggest problem like he use to be...

So the list has continued we have now had Marvin, Rudi, Chad, and Mike Brown be blamed for why the Bengals are not doing good. So I guess the next person really will be Palmer that people start saying is the problem...