Is Marvin Lewis' time up as Head Coach?

With all of the turmoil the last two seasons with the Bengals and their legal troubles off of the field and then last night Palmer and Johnson arguing.

Is it time for Lewis to step down as Head Coach or get fired?

Lewis came to Cincinnati with defense being his M.O. But now the defense can't stop a RB or pressure a WR. While the offense seems to have gotten better each year he has been there the defense is going backwards fast. The Offense has gotten better mainly because of guys like Carson, Chad and TJ not because of Marvin. I believe any coach in the NFL would have success with this offense and those 3 in particular.

The Defense well after a outstanding first half of the year 2 years ago, they haven't been very good since. There is no true leader on "D" whereas when Marvin was in Baltimore he had Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and some other very good defensive ball players. So was it him or was it they just had tons of talent?

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't obviously don't know but I don't think that Lewis will be gone after this season. A complete collapse and he might. I do as others have said look for a "house cleaning" of some assistants and maybe some players.

ESPN this morning was reporting that Lewis went on a rant in the locker room post game last night (and he should have) - amoung probably(and hopefully) many other things told the team that if they didn't want to play foootball then for them not to show up at the next practice.

Like I said in another thread......I just wonder how much longer Carson Palmer will want to play with this team (and I use that term loosely :rolleyes:). Palmer is one of the bet QB's in the league and I don't think that he is going to want to stay around a bunch of "individuals" and would rather be with a "team".

JMO.

On behalf of the other three teams in the AFC North and their fans everywhere we hope that Medicore Marvin stays around for a LOOONG time. We support the Bungles staff in every possible way. :ylsuper: We even believe he deserves a raise! :p Or maybe a 15 year contract extension? :lol:

On behalf of the other three teams in the AFC North and their fans everywhere we hope that Medicore Marvin stays around for a LOOONG time. We support the Bungles staff in every possible way. :ylsuper: We even believe he deserves a raise! :p Or maybe a 15 year contract extension? :lol:

Spoken like a true Cleveland/Baltimore fan :D