Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not posted anything about the Rams so far this season, because I wanted to see them for myself first. Great group of kids. A balanced offense and good talent all the way across the board. They are a young team and will be a lot better towards the end of the season. These boys truly know the meaning of Ram Pride. The Rams have put together a great team that knows how to use its strengths. The coaching staff has done a great job getting these boys ready.

That is why we, at Raceland, have outlawed all other activities, and boys in 9-12 grade must play football to graduate.:lol:

:lol: :thumb: :thumb: There is a "No Soccer" sign up as you enter the town and in the halls of the school, that is grounds for dismissal. :D

Ashland won their last State Championship with 42 players 10-12. Numbers are not as important as some want to make it. Sure its great to have 70+ run out on the field but if 50 of them aren't goin to contribute on Friday nights what difference does it make? JMO.

Congrats to the Raceland on the win.

:thumb: Good post and I agree.

Now it is time to come back down from this one and get to work starting on Monday for East Carter in a couple of weeks (off week coming up).

Were there any injuries , other than all the cramping up last night? I know that it was said that the Tomcats had a couple of kids that did not return. Here is prayers for them and that they can get back as soon as possible.

Now it is time to come back down from this one and get to work starting on Monday for East Carter in a couple of weeks (off week coming up).

Were there any injuries , other than all the cramping up last night? I know that it was said that the Tomcats had a couple of kids that did not return. Here is prayers for them and that they can get back as soon as possible.

Actually not a bad week to have an off week...An opportunity to let this win soak in, A chance to work on some things that didn't go their way, a chance to dodge some more heat and prepare for the rest of the season.

Congrat to Raceland on the win. Always tough to go into Putnam and come out with the win, but you managed to do it 2 years in a row. Ashland is a strong team and will right the ship, could they use this game to turn there season around as they did last year? I think so. Good luck to Raceland the rest of the way and Ashland all but that one game.

This is a young Raceland team. The entire backfield is made up of juniors. Most of the linemen are sophomores and juniors. Two of the three LB's are juniors, The entire DL is juniors, and the entire secondary is juniors. Scary, for opponents, that is.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

I may be totally wrong here, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think I recall hearing that he attended Ashland schools thru 6th grade, moved to Greenup Co. or another local school, and moved back at the end of last school year.

I did a little checking with acquaintances in Greenup County and I think you are correct. From time to time through the years, Greenup County has proved to be a fruitful feeder system for Ashland.;)

I did a little checking with acquaintances in Greenup County and I think you are correct. From time to time through the years, Greenup County has proved to be a fruitful feeder system for Ashland.;)

Greenup Co. has always had good talent at that school, but usually as you said, they transfer out. Beach to Raceland, Carter to Ashland, Mahan to Ashland, etc. Now is that Ashland, Raceland, Russell, etc. fault or is it Greenups? I think once Greenup starts to take football seriously as they did back 5 or 6 years ago, they will keep their talent there. But kids want to win and win now, and sad to say, schools like Raceland, Ashland, and Russell are doing so and alot of it.

Greenup Co. has always had good talent at that school, but usually as you said, they transfer out. Beach to Raceland, Carter to Ashland, Mahan to Ashland, etc. Now is that Ashland, Raceland, Russell, etc. fault or is it Greenups? I think once Greenup starts to take football seriously as they did back 5 or 6 years ago, they will keep their talent there. But kids want to win and win now, and sad to say, schools like Raceland, Ashland, and Russell are doing so and alot of it.

Your post would suggest that the transfers, even with family "relocations", were for athletic reasons and, if so, that is clearly a violation of the rules of KHSAA.

Your post would suggest that the transfers, even with family "relocations", were for athletic reasons and, if so, that is clearly a violation of the rules of KHSAA.

Im not suggesting anything but if you think that athletics doenst have a huge part in a family packing up and moving down the road 15-30 minutes that you are sadly mistaken. Of course. they may recieve a better education at other schools, that I can not comment on cause I dont know the academic reputaion of the other local schools(I know that Russell has a very impressive academic team), but that is commonly the reason for moving according to the student and his/her parents. Now as long as it is a bona fide change of address into another district, its hard to stop anything, although possible. Once again Im not suggesting anything but stating the facts.