Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

You are correct. I just feel that negative opinions and statements serve no purpose.

I agree Gopher, another good post. We have to remember that the kids do read these boards and I do not ever want to critisize a kid on any team. I don't believe that any kid goes out there and purposely plays poor or a coach goes into a game not wanting to win. These players and coaches work hard for countless hours and they deserve our respect. I too have made statements expressing when I felt that a team played bad but try and do it w/o trashing the players or the program. Some just do not give credit to the team that beats them. I am not talking about any one person on this thread or any other thread, just in general.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are kids and they learn as they play, particularly the young ones. It is apparent they were very fast learners in the Friday night game, coming back in the second half. I have every confidence that they will continue to learn as all our teams do. That's what high school football is all about. No team does everything correctly, but they learn and isn't is awesome to watch when a play goes as planned, or even when it doesn't, the kids manage to pull something out. Hopefully they learn to adapt and apply what they learn. That's life and the bigger picture in this whole thing.

WHEW, that was a mouthful. Sorry for the philosophical rambling, I just had a Starbucks moment. Boy that caffeine can clear the head.

Devilmom.......have you broken into our secret fountain in the Ram clubhouse?? :eek: Stay out of there:p , where is our security?? :D . :lol:

As for the rest of you post, it was Excellent! :thumb:

These are kids and they learn as they play, particularly the young ones. It is apparent they were very fast learners in the Friday night game, coming back in the second half. I have every confidence that they will continue to learn as all our teams do. That's what high school football is all about. No team does everything correctly, but they learn and isn't is awesome to watch when a play goes as planned, or even when it doesn't, the kids manage to pull something out. Hopefully they learn to adapt and apply what they learn. That's life and the bigger picture in this whole thing.

WHEW, that was a mouthful. Sorry for the philosophical rambling, I just had a Starbucks moment. Boy that caffeine can clear the head.

:thumb: Excellent post!! Nice job.

Thanks Jeepman. I believe it will be a mute point. I honestly don't see Ashland renewing our contract. I may be wrong, and I hope that I am, but I would say this has been the last year for Raceland/Ashland for a while. I would love to have home/home with Ashland on the next contract, if a contract happens.

I would say you are correct Painter. RamLand is happy. I would like to play Ashland home/home. That is not to say that that is the only way to do it. But, everyone wants home games. I just hope the series continues, one way or another.

I would venture to say you are correct. It's nbot a good thing to play the Rams on opening night. The Rams come out ready to play. From listening to Dicky on the radio the Rams very well could have go into the locker room at half up by 21.

Our Tomcats will bounce right back and be very strong. You can count on that.

Well I have an opinion and this is a place to were I can express my feelings. I am a Ashland fan and I have the right to disagree with how some things are done.

Hang in there happy ol' dad. Some just can't handle any kind of criticism. They want everything to be all smiles and rainbows. The truth is it always isn't. Please continue to express your feelings.

From listening to Dicky on the radio the Rams very well could have go into the locker room at half up by 21.

Could have and should have, but Raceland has no one to blame for not going into the locker room up 21, but themselves. And it almost cost them the game.

The contract between Ashland and Raceland has 1 more year left,so we'll see ya next year at putnam .......

That's good to hear. But, I would have swore this was the last year on the current contract. Good news, almost all of the Raceland starting line-up will be back for next years match up. I would not mind Carter graduating two years early though.

We will lose Jacob Sparks next year though.:scared:

And 2 little old AA schools gave them all that they wanted. Belfry took them to OT and Russell took them to 3 OT. Kind of like Boyd Co beating Russell in 05. Boyd finished the season 5-5 and Russell ended up being the state champs. Those games are nothing more than bragging rights. As for the mis match I believe Raceland made it to the third round of the playoffs and Belfry made it to the State semis and Russell made it to the State finals while Ashland bowed out in the second round. Where did beating a couple of the top AA teams in the state get them? I have nothing against Ashland and I had a nephew play for them last year but I would much rather lose to them and make it much deeper into the playoffs. It is just not that much of a bragging rights game to me. Sure it would be nice to win but it did not affect our district and regional play at all. ;)

No doubt it was all we wanted, but in this game thats not what matters now is it? And you cant compare a 1 or 2A schools post season play to that af a 3A teams post season play regardless of who wins in the regular season. Raceland is a quality football program and I have said nothing less. Trust me, I wish we had Russell's walk through the playoffs last year, but thats just wishful thinking. Johnson Central could have won the 2A State Championship in the 2nd quarter of the game.

Who will be the coach of Ashland the next Raceland game.....

You can keep on griping and complaining about all things Tomcat if you want. But our fantastic Head Coach Leon Hart will be back next year. Take it to the bank, I know this to be a fact.

No doubt it was all we wanted, but in this game thats not what matters now is it? And you cant compare a 1 or 2A schools post season play to that af a 3A teams post season play regardless of who wins. Raceland is a quality football program and I have said nothing less. Trust me, I wish we had Russell's walk through the playoffs last year, but thats just wishful thinking. Johnson Central could have won the 2A State Championship in the 2nd quarter of the game.

I really dont understand what you are saying

No doubt it was all we wanted, but in this game thats not what matters now is it? And you cant compare a 1 or 2A schools post season play to that af a 3A teams post season play regardless of who wins in the regular season. Raceland is a quality football program and I have said nothing less. Trust me, I wish we had Russell's walk through the playoffs last year, but thats just wishful thinking. Johnson Central could have won the 2A State Championship in the 2nd quarter of the game.

Please elaborate as to why you cannot compare post seasons between classes. It is as if you are saying 1A and 2A are not worthy opponents because they play in a lesser class. I for one could name several 1A and 2A teams that could compete with the best in 3A year in and year out and win plenty of games.

And as for the bolded part :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yoter--Sorry to hear your inaccurate assessment of the Russell statebound excursion last year and to the 2A championship. I would attribute your sour apples to inexperience and misinformation. Sorry you lost the game the other night, but don't dump on other programs in your anger. I wish good things for your team, it has great kids and a great coach.