Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

II can tell you this, if Raceland plays Ashland next year, the score will be what ever Hoffy wants it to be. Look who returns, it will be one of the best teams Raceland has had in a long long time.

Not so fast my friend. Ashland only graduates 5 starters. They only lose 1 O-lineman, and Mr. Carter will just be a junior.

Not so fast my friend. Ashland only graduates 5 starters. They only lose 1 O-lineman, and Mr. Carter will just be a junior.

I think that it is safe to say that it will be one heck of a high school football game!!

Now, having said that............it will be the opener next season and both the Rams and Tomcats have an long, exciting season to go the rest of the way this year. Lets get going.:thumb:

^ Should you really want to be assured of a prime spot, you could talk the the Raceland Admin. and go at least a week or so early and stake your claim on the hill and camp out. That way you would also have prime location to view the revival of the old "Burn the Devil" :fire: night pep rally. :D

Burn the Devil. Now thats not nice.

Ashland does'nt have anything to gain by playing Raceland. They lead the series by a good margin. If schools don't play tougher teams, its hard to improve. Its quite a morale booster to beat the Tomcats. When we come up with an exceptional team for ayear or two its great. But year after year Ashland just reloads. I believe the series has been benifical for both teams. I pull for Raceland and I hope to win again next year but I can foresee a real war. NEXT YEAR BEEE!!! THERE!!!!

I'm not so sure that Ashland will want to schedule Raceland anymore. Raceland has earned so much respect from everyone in our community with the first class football program they have. If they do play Ashland again I would expect that Raceland would insist on half the games being played in Raceland. After all Raceland over the past six years leads the series 4 to 2.

I'm not so sure that Ashland wants any part of Raceland. It does look bad having a 1-A team lead a series against a 5-A team.

Burn the Devil. Now thats not nice.

Sure is fun though! :D My first "Burn the Devil" night would had been in the mis - late 60's where I would have been around 8-10 years old. My sisters were in h.s. at Raceland at that time, they would take me and some of their friends would lift me up on their shoulders so I could see over some people, some of them were the football players then. That makes a little snotty nosed 8-10 year old kid feel pretty good. I don't know if the rivalry will ever get back to where it was in the past. Now the two are in different classes, there is district and regional play. Then it was pretty much THE game. The game will no doubt be a big rivalry but imo maybe not the same.

By the way jeep, Ashland still holds a commanding 12-6 lead in the series between Raceland and Ashland

(in reference to you previous post)

I don't have a clue about the first two of those last four games but all I'm saying is that last year's game was a fluke and this year's game wasn't, Raceland earned this win tonight.

i dont believe for one moment last year was a fluke. They were well practiced and after many hours watching films, practicing and more practicing they prevailed. Their coaching staff had every confidence in last years team as well as this team. Any team can be beaten with hard work and dedication. No flukes at Raceland.

Ithink I know the secret to Raceland's success Friday night. I saw some of their players at Starbucks in Ashland Thursday night getting some of that high Octane caffeine. I must have propelled them through that game. Congratulations. And when you play Russell, we'll have to try and block all roads to Starbucks the night before.

That is so funny but probably so true we all love the starbucks

Sure is fun though! :D My first "Burn the Devil" night would had been in the mis - late 60's where I would have been around 8-10 years old. My sisters were in h.s. at Raceland at that time, they would take me and some of their friends would lift me up on their shoulders so I could see over some people, some of them were the football players then. That makes a little snotty nosed 8-10 year old kid feel pretty good. I don't know if the rivalry will ever get back to where it was in the past. Now the two are in different classes, there is district and regional play. Then it was pretty much THE game. The game will no doubt be a big rivalry but imo maybe not the same.

By the way jeep, Ashland still holds a commanding 12-6 lead in the series between Raceland and Ashland

(in reference to you previous post)

You indicate that Ashland holds a 12 -6 lead in the series. That tells me that over the years Raceland has won 33% of the games played against Ashland. Now keep in mind Ashland has had home field advantage in each of those 18 games so I was informed last week by my Ram friends. COMMANDING LEAD! They should beat the snot out of Raceland every time they play them not 66% of the time. Maybe that Fluke would come around like last year. Ashland is a tradition rich 5-A school. They play with the big boys. I'm sorry but it just shows me the kind of coaching and players that Raceland has. First class 1-A team that plays with the big boys and does it well.

You indicate that Ashland holds a 12 -6 lead in the series. That tells me that over the years Raceland has won 33% of the games played against Ashland. Now keep in mind Ashland has had home field advantage in each of those 18 games so I was informed last week by my Ram friends. COMMANDING LEAD! They should beat the snot out of Raceland every time they play them not 66% of the time. Maybe that Fluke would come around like last year. Ashland is a tradition rich 5-A school. They play with the big boys. I'm sorry but it just shows me the kind of coaching and players that Raceland has. First class 1-A team that plays with the big boys and does it well.

Do you cut your own bait or have it shipped in?::lol: