Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

WOW! I just got back into town from being out of state and missing all the action last Friday night. Big congrats go out to the Raceland Rams!!! After the last two seasons, I don't think Ashland will want to play the Rams on opening night; be it at Putnam or any other venue. Look for them to be in contact soon with Lewis County. :sssh:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Raceland and Russell people can get a long, except for week 10.:D I will even go over before school is out and reserve you a seat in the bleachers(which has been done before) if you will come to game at Raceland. I will tape it off and mark it "Reserved for FBALL". Just tell me and I will do it.

Do one for Mr. and Mrs. Jeepman. No never mind I will lawn chair it.

Do one for Mr. and Mrs. Jeepman. No never mind I will lawn chair it.

Might I sugest sitting in your lawn chair on the hill beside the concession stand on the visitor side, should be a fairly nice vantage point.

I confirmed first hand today that Bret Denton is healthy and looking forward to the bye week. He showed no signs of injury while walking off with co-MVP honors at Raceland Christian's cornhole tournament.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :thumb: :lol:

I confirmed first hand today that Bret Denton is healthy and looking forward to the bye week. He showed no signs of injury while walking off with co-MVP honors at Raceland Christian's cornhole tournament.

Good to hear. I am surprised if Bret did not deliver a few concussion, other than his own, he was delivering some hard hits on defense.

Good to hear. I am surprised if Bret did not deliver a few concussion, other than his own, he was delivering some hard hits on defense.

:thumb: Probably happened on the play where he lost his helmet and yeas, Denton can lay a hit on someone, when he hits, you know that you have been hit ;) .

^ Should you really want to be assured of a prime spot, you could talk the the Raceland Admin. and go at least a week or so early and stake your claim on the hill and camp out. That way you would also have prime location to view the revival of the old "Burn the Devil" :fire: night pep rally. :D

Fair enough. They way I was reading it made it sound like 1A and 2A was not a worthy opponent for 3A teams.

Sorry if I wasnt clear midee. I have been on the recieving end of a 1 and a 2A butt kicking of the Tomcats, thus I have a lot of Respect for those programs.

High School Football is in the air,

Yoter

Hats off to Raceland, they were without a doubt the best team on the field Friday night. I personally can't understand why Ashland is unable to field a team that should be superior to Raceland, but that just hasn't happened. Something just isn't right at AHS, but I can't put my finger on it. Coach Vanderhoof(a person for whom I have a great deal of respect) and his staff deserve a lot of credit for fielding nothing but solid teams. When a smaller program such as Raceland shows superiority over a larger program the size of Ashland, then give credit where it's due and that's to a coaching staff that has developed a better overall program.

In both recent games with Raceland, Ashland's primary problem, among others, has been the unsettled situation with the quarterback situation. Last year if you recall, Drew McDavid was the QB in Mahan's place and was ineffective. This year Thomas' athletic ability was suppressed as the QB. It will be interesting to see if the 'Cats bounce back again. Lots of question marks for AHS and lots of answers for RHS. Good luck to both teams!

Hats off to Raceland, they were without a doubt the best team on the field Friday night. I personally can't understand why Ashland is unable to field a team that should be superior to Raceland, but that just hasn't happened. Something just isn't right at AHS, but I can't put my finger on it. Coach Vanderhoof(a person for whom I have a great deal of respect) and his staff deserve a lot of credit for fielding nothing but solid teams. When a smaller program such as Raceland shows superiority over a larger program the size of Ashland, then give credit where it's due and that's to a coaching staff that has developed a better overall program.

In both recent games with Raceland, Ashland's primary problem, among others, has been the unsettled situation with the quarterback situation. Last year if you recall, Drew McDavid was the QB in Mahan's place and was ineffective. This year Thomas' athletic ability was suppressed as the QB. It will be interesting to see if the 'Cats bounce back again. Lots of question marks for AHS and lots of answers for RHS. Good luck to both teams!

Thank you for your kind comments about Raceland's program. I have to say that Raceland's coaching staff is very good, and always prepares the team very well. Several of the coaches played at Raceland and feel very strongly about the program. Coach Vanderhoof, Assistant Coaches Todd Burroughs, Mike Salmons and Gary Fannin all played at Raceland.

Coach Maynard and Coach Lewis prepare the defense very well and are very energetic coaches. Coach Francis, Coach Burroughs, Coach Fannin, Coach Woods, and Coach Salmons are all quality coaches that get little recognition.

Most people do not understand the program at Raceland, it is not about size to Raceland. Raceland expects to compete with everyone, not just 1A teams. I have never heard Raceland fans, players, or coaches say they lost a game because the opponent was a bigger school. Raceland expects to win no matter what size the opponent is. Hats off the the Raceland coaching staff, players, and fan base for making this way.

Thank you for your compliments of the program at Raceland. Ashland has a very long standing tradition that I personally admire greatly and I know that others down here do as well. I believe in a way we tend to model our program as Ashland has (meaning the tradition, community, school, fan suppoort, etc.,etc) Ashland is a Class Act. The Tomcats will be fine, people can mark that down ;) . These same type comments came from a lot of people last year when we (Raceland) went into Putnam and came out with a win - heard it all from Ashland people, we won't win 2 games, have nothing, worst team in Tomcat history etc.,etc., Just as last season imo Ashland will end up with a good season before all is said and done, they did last year.

Good Luck to the Tomcats the rest of the way. :thumb: I hope you now go 14-1 with a state title. ;)

Ashland does'nt have anything to gain by playing Raceland. They lead the series by a good margin. If schools don't play tougher teams, its hard to improve. Its quite a morale booster to beat the Tomcats. When we come up with an exceptional team for ayear or two its great. But year after year Ashland just reloads. I believe the series has been benifical for both teams. I pull for Raceland and I hope to win again next year but I can foresee a real war. NEXT YEAR BEEE!!! THERE!!!!

Ashland does'nt have anything to gain by playing Raceland. They lead the series by a good margin. If schools don't play tougher teams, its hard to improve. Its quite a morale booster to beat the Tomcats. When we come up with an exceptional team for ayear or two its great. But year after year Ashland just reloads. I believe the series has been beneficial for both teams. I pull for Raceland and I hope to win again next year but I can foresee a real war. NEXT YEAR BEEE!!! THERE!!!!

I can tell you this, if Raceland plays Ashland next year, the score will be what ever Hoffy wants it to be. Look who returns, it will be one of the best teams Raceland has had in a long long time.