Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give credit to the Ashland kids , Raceland was dominating both sides of the ball all night and Ashland did not quit and made a run to tie the game late. That is a credit to the Tomcat coaching staff and players.

What a great h.s. football game! Two class programs in a close battle. Great game and I would say it if the score was reversed :thumb: . Boyles passing in his first start and it being at Putnam was great. I can't say enough about Raceland's defense and especially the SPECIALTEAMS :ylsuper: . Sparks kicks 3 FG's and a 38yarder with time running out to win the game.

Raceland's early mistakes almost cost them, two fumbles insid the Tomcats red zone, inside the 5 I believe. Raceland should have been up 21 - 0 at the half rather than 7-0. This is 4 of the last 6 over the Tomcats for Raceland , Ashland still hold s a commanding 12-6 advantage in the series.

Ashland is a class act from top to bottom, that team will come together this season and beat some people.

Technically I've been told that Ashland should really be 4A per their numbers this year but, oh well. I want to know where Ashland's defense was? They had no pass defense and Raceland was getting around the defensive backs easily. Maybe Ashland coaches need to look at defensive readjustments. Good game for Carter!

Great win for Raceland again - two years in a row is no fluke ...

Ashland really needs to consider direction in this program .... If 5a cannot dominate 1A at the line of scrimmage soemthing is really wrong ...

Always like Raceland staff and kids - no fluke ... Looking forward to matchup with Devils ...

Technically I've been told that Ashland should really be 4A per their numbers this year but, oh well. I want to know where Ashland's defense was? They had no pass defense and Raceland was getting around the defensive backs easily. Maybe Ashland coaches need to look at defensive readjustments. Good game for Carter!

I don't recall any Carter. Is he new?

Great win tonight for the Rams. :ylsuper: From the sound of it Ashland really got their act together in the 4th quarter and almost pulled it off but tonight was SECOND year in a row the Rams painted Putnam orange! :fight:

As I drove home from the Hank tonight listening to the Raceland game on the radio I couldn't help but think that Russell better get it's kicking game together. If it comes down field goals this October Raceland has the edge. And Raceland did something the Devils couldn't last year- kick it with the game on the line in Putnam and win.

But hey that's all talk for October and right now its time to warm up the Fire Trucks in Ram Land!

:dancingpa

I don't recall any Carter. Did the family recently relocate to Ashland?

I may be totally wrong here, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think I recall hearing that he attended Ashland schools thru 6th grade, moved to Greenup Co. or another local school, and moved back at the end of last school year.

I may be totally wrong here, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I think I recall hearing that he attended Ashland schools thru 6th grade, moved to Greenup Co. or another local school, and moved back at the end of last school year.

I think you're right about that.

Great win for the Rams. They played good football on both sides of the ball and the special teams play was excellent.

Hats off to the Ashland players who never quit and played until the final whistle. Rashard Carter was excellent and will be a huge factor as the Tomcat season moves ahead.

Excellent team game by the Rams and a great showing in the kicking game by Jacob Sparks.

Enjoy your victory guys, you earned it.:thumb: :thumb: