Raceland 23 Ashland 20

Birdsfan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Raceland bumped up to 2-A??

No, Raceland is a fairly small 1A school, Fairview is smaller then Raceland, but Raceland is nowhere near 2A size. LCA is, I believe, the largest 1A school. There are quite a few 1A schools bigger then Raceland.

Ashalnd's R. Carter is going to be some kind of special before he is done at Ashland. He was already special enough for us tonight, a little too special :eek: :D . I failed to mention B. Denton, he along with J.S. carver also had very good games along with Boyles and Sparks and really ALL of the Rams, it was a TEAM win.

Fluke? Dicky Martin said that Raceland has won 4 of the last six games played. Does that sound like a fluke? Or is Dicky the fluke?

I don't have a clue about the first two of those last four games but all I'm saying is that last year's game was a fluke and this year's game wasn't, Raceland earned this win tonight.

please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Raceland bumped up to 2-A??

You peaked my curiosity. There are 18 schools in Kentucky smaller then Raceland. And there are 22 1A schools that are larger then Raceland.

Raceland has an enrollment of 1236. Pikeville is the largest 1A school with an enrollment of 1248. LCA is around third largest with 1236.

I don't have a clue about the first two of those last four games but all I'm saying is that last year's game was a fluke and this year's game wasn't, Raceland earned this win tonight.

I sorry but if you win four out of six games it is kind of hard to look at one of the wins being a fluke. I was at the game last year and Raceland earned that win. Not a fluke in my mind.

Fluke? Dicky Martin said that Raceland has won 4 of the last six games played. Does that sound like a fluke? Or is Dicky the fluke?

Martin is a homer(as he should be) but I don't mind that at all, he is a great play by play guy and I just ignore most of the other stuff.

Here is a shocker for you and even Martin's partner and Martin himself made this statement.......are you ready? have you had your medicine everyone??

Dick Martin stated that this game was very well officiated :scared: and at one point he even made the statement that the refs missed a crack back block on Ashland on one of their big gains!! :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see barty saying that, he thinks the Ashland team was better then Raceland last year. I respectfully disagree, but I can see his opinion.

Personally, I thought Raceland was better last year. Their defense was very strong, Grizzle had something like 350 yards passing, and Denton and Carver had around 100 yards rushing. Ashland had Thomas, but little else.

Tonight, I thought Raceland dominated both sides of the ball, especially in the first half. The O/D line controlled the line of scrimmage. And the Raceland Defense was very strong for the first game of the season. The Raceland offense was well balanced and the ball was well distributed. No one was the main weapon, rather there were about 6 weapons. Raceland was the better team tonight, and last year in my opinion.

Martion is a homer(as he should be) but I don't mind that at all, he is agreat play by play guy and I just ignore most of the other stuff.

Here is a shocker for you and even Martin's partner and Martin himself made this statement.......are you ready? have you had your medicine everyone??

Dick Martin stated that this game was very well officiated :scared: and at one point he even made the statement that the refs missed a crack back block on Ashland on one of their big gains!! :scared: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love listening to him. He is one of the best. I actually missed those statements he made. I did although her him very clearly say that Raceland has won four of the last six. I just love Raceland. Until week 10.

I can see barty saying that, he thinks the Ashland team was better then Raceland last year. I respectfully disagree, but I can see his opinion.

Personally, I thought Raceland was better last year. Their defense was very strong, Grizzle had something like 350 yards passing, and Denton and Carver had around 100 yards rushing. Ashland had Thomas, but little else.

Tonight, I thought Raceland dominated both sides of the ball, especially in the first half. The O/D line controlled the line of scrimmage. And the Raceland Defense was very strong for the first game of the season. The Raceland offense was well balanced and the ball was well distributed. No one was the main weapon, rather there were about 6 weapons. Raceland was the better team tonight, and last year in my opinion.

I think you are right on.

Martin is a homer(as he should be) but I don't mind that at all, he is a great play by play guy and I just ignore most of the other stuff.

I was listening to the radio while I was watching the game, and like you I think Dicky is a very good play by play announcer, but I can do without the other stuff. But, I was standing on the top row of bleachers when he said that about the officials, and I about fell off the bleachers. First time I have heard him compliment the Refs. But, he was right, this game was a very well officiated game. They did miss the crack back block on Carters last TD, but that was about the only thing that I saw missed on either side of the ball.

Hats off the officiating crew at tonight's game, it was a very well officiated game.

I can see where we are both very opinionated on the issue, but all that each of us got to see between ashland and raceland was the game between the two teams, there wasn't much else to compare them to. I think it's a never ending argument. Ashland had plenty of weapons last year but i believe that they were on the defensive side of the ball mostly and they didn't show in that first game last year, all i'm saying is that Ashland wasn't prepared last year, and unfortunately they have that tendency, but tonight they were just outplayed by a better prepared Raceland team. Congrats.

I just love listening to him. He is one of the best. I actually missed those statements he made. I did although her him very clearly say that Raceland has won four of the last six. I just love Raceland. Until week 10.

Hey, you can love us in week 10 also. We did invite you over to play at our house.:D I even told you I would help you carry your couch, recliner, or lawn chair in. Be an animal activist, love a ram.

I think you are right on.

:thumb: Thanks, just my opinion. I'm almost used to the, "if Raceland wins it's a fluke", "If Raceland looses it was predictable", talk. People, have been doing that since I was a "little ram".

:thumb: :thumb: Excellent post and that is taking nothing away from the Tomcats at all, they have as good of tradition as anyone in this state and a longer lasting one imo than anyone in this area. The Ashalnd Tomcats are a class program from top to bottom, including their fans!! :thumb: :thumb: