Loss of a family pet

MountainThunder

Today we lost our beloved dog of 10 years, Jade. She was a wiener dog and was a huge part of our family. We are all having a very hard time with it, but my wife and daughter are taking it the worst. Our neighbor accidentally ran over her when she was playing with 2 other dogs near his driveway. He and his wife are distraught. She was the sweetest dog a family could have and our bigger dog, Provy, was with her when it happened. I know they say that dogs don't have any emotions, but it is easy to tell that he is heartbroken as well. He is only 3 years old and Jade was his playmate, his surrogate mother since he was a pup (even though he was bigger than her at 2 months old) and his friend.

I hate to ask, but any thoughts and prayers for my wife and kids to help them get thru this would be greatly appreciated. I haven't cried over the loss of family pet like this since I was 15 years old.

Jade, we love you and you will be missed. :cry:

Jade standing up cropped.jpg

I know what you mean and have been there myself over family pets. On the day that I was born my dad stopped on the way home from the hospital and bought a german sheapard pup. That dog died when I (and the dog) was 15years old. There have been others as well.

Prayers go out for all your family on the loss of the pet, especially the kids - it is tougher on them usually.

I am so sorry, as is PH. When we had to have Daisy put to sleep, it tore us a part. We still get emotional over it, even though we have a very active Beagle, Molly (miniture and runt of litter). They are family and it does hurt. They say time heals, however, the loss of her has not gone from our family yet. When PH lost his legs, she learned to push the wheel chair and declared herself his care-giver.

Reading this I cried over your loss...yes prayers and thought are with you.

I'm sorry. I hate to see that happen. A few months ago my parents gave one of our dogs to the Humane society (without letting me know they were going to do it), and recently they gave away our other dog (the first one's sister) because she would destroy our doors during thunderstorms. It makes me mad and sad... I've never NOT had a dog, and every night when I come home from work, or every morning when I go to school, I still expect them both to come running up to me when I get out of my car.

So I do empathize, and again, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope Provy can get along easier after a while, since he is younger.