Former star Bobby Perry interviewed by Larry Vaught

Sportz Addict

Watch him play, then judge.

I'm certain that cshs81 has seen Bobby Perry play as much as most UK fans. While Perry wasn't the most talented person to put on the blue and white, he certainly gave a maximum effort everytime out, and I feel got the most of his of his talent. How can anyone say something bad about a kid like that, who as has already been mentioned represented the University very well in the classroom, and off the court. Certainly a rarity in this day and time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not even close to being one either. Fundamental good small school player. I thought this was a pretty dumb sign. The kid was from Durham, NC (basketball heaven) and K didn't even show the least bit of interest in him.

Good for coach K. What does this have to do with anything? Are you just trying to get people fired up. It's not like we haven't gone over these arguments before. He graduated no sense is talking about it anymore.

I'm certain that cshs81 has seen Bobby Perry play as much as most UK fans. While Perry wasn't the most talented person to put on the blue and white, he certainly gave a maximum effort everytime out, and I feel got the most of his of his talent. How can anyone say something bad about a kid like that, who as has already been mentioned represented the University very well in the classroom, and off the court. Certainly a rarity in this day and time.

I was stating the obvious. That's why people have bad things to say about him. Not his fault Tubby recruited him to play against far superior talent.

Good for coach K. What does this have to do with anything? Are you just trying to get people fired up. It's not like we haven't gone over these arguments before. He graduated no sense is talking about it anymore.

That explains the quality of the recruit, but I guess that was far too advanced. Sorry, I'll try and spell it out next time.

The quote I like is right here:

Question: Will former players be welcomed back by new coach Billy Gillispie?

Perry: "He will. I haven't really used the facility much, but he said any time I wanted to come and work out, it was a given. He said to come back and play with the players and tell them anything you want and teach them stuff. He is that kind of guy and think it will be that kind of program where anyone is welcomed. Once you are a Wildcat, you are always a Wildcat.

"It's good to see players welcomed back like that even after they leave Kentucky. That is how you want your coaching staff to feel about former players."

It's good that Billy G is embracing the old saying that "Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat."

That explains the quality of the recruit, but I guess that was far too advanced. Sorry, I'll try and spell it out next time.

Bobby Perry is a type of player that should have been at UK. Even Pitino during his days brought in a couple of players that weren't really great, but could maybe help a little. The only difference is those guys wouldn't be counted on to play alot of minutes like Perry had to do. Perry is a guy who should have been here but only around a 8 to 12 minute guy, instead of a starter. However he was forced to start because of the rest of the class he came with was terrible and the 05 class just does not exist really...

I'm sure that Tubby has been busy with the moving, and trying to get settled into his new job. I'm sure it hasn't been anything deliberate by Tubby. By the way, when was Perry ever a star? :D

That's bogus. A phone call takes no time at all. He was only coaching 12 players. I believe what you see here is a reason that UK didn't play to its potential. UK's players didn't believe in their coach. They didn't respond to him and don't seem to care what he does once they're gone. I try to speak with my college coach every couple of months b/c he was a major influence on my life, and I had 100 teammates.

Good luck to Bobby, he's a good kid. But please let's not glamorize his career as being a great player. He had a terrific finale to his Jr. season, that's about it. No knock on him, he gave max. effort night in and night out. I hope for him he's less "streaky" in his real estate endeavor.

Bobby Perry is a type of player that should have been at UK. Even Pitino during his days brought in a couple of players that weren't really great, but could maybe help a little. The only difference is those guys wouldn't be counted on to play alot of minutes like Perry had to do. Perry is a guy who should have been here but only around a 8 to 12 minute guy, instead of a starter. However he was forced to start because of the rest of the class he came with was terrible and the 05 class just does not exist really...

I can agree to that.

This article makes me wonder if there was something more going on between Tubby and his players. Maybe he wasn't liked by his players as much as we all want to believe?:confused:

Well we did have two team turmoils. I am not gonna sit here and rub matches... but this article is interesting. Tubby was always praised as a class act. Most of us only saw him on TV and so forth. The players saw him daily.

Well we did have two team turmoils. I am not gonna sit here and rub matches... but this article is interesting. Tubby was always praised as a class act. Most of us only saw him on TV and so forth. The players saw him daily.

Tubby was a class act in the community and in the eyes of his peers. But most of us only saw what he was like in the public eye. We didn't get to see the person he was inside the lockers and those closed practices. It makes you think!