Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former star Bobby Perry interviewed by Larry Vaught

Featured Replies

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=33217&format=html

 

 

Question: Have you had a chance to talk to Tubby Smith since he left Kentucky?

 

 

Perry: "I haven't. Not at all. Not once since the day he said he was first taking the job at Minnesota. I have not heard from him since. I don't know anybody that has, either."

 

 

Question: Do you think you will eventually hear from him, or hope that you will?

 

 

Perry: "Now at this point if he has not contacted me, I just say no big deal. If we run into each other, I will say hi. But I don't think it will happen. I haven't talked to him in three or four months now. It has been awhile."

 

:confused: ......

 

 

 

Question: What are you doing now and what are your future plans?

 

 

Perry: "I am working for a development company in Jessamine County. I always wanted to get into real estate. I have a passion for that and I am learning so much. I probably could have made a lot of money playing in Europe, but that is not where my heart is. I have a girlfriend I love to death that I did not want to leave.

 

 

"I am staying in Lexington because that is where God wants me. That is where I have the most influence to spread the gospel because that is what God blessed me with. I know where I am supposed to be."

 

Kinda cool good luck to his real estate career....:thumb:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Bobby in whatever he does. Always came off as a classy guy.

  • Author
Good luck to Bobby in whatever he does. Always came off as a classy guy.

 

What's up with Tubby shunning him and the rest of the Cats? I didn't see that one coming....?

Seems kinda weird to me also. I don't know. Obviously a little bad blood there.

  • Author
Seems kinda weird to me also. I don't know. Obviously a little bad blood there.

 

BUT why... I mean these are his kids. He has known pretty much all of them for 4 years now. Kinda odd, not exactly his reputation.

I've never understood how a player who represents himself so well in the classroom and in the public eye can catch as much crap as Bobby Perry did in his four years.

 

Its a sad statement on sports fans.

I'm sure that Tubby has been busy with the moving, and trying to get settled into his new job. I'm sure it hasn't been anything deliberate by Tubby. By the way, when was Perry ever a star? :D

I've never understood how a player who represents himself so well in the classroom and in the public eye can catch as much crap as Bobby Perry did in his four years.

 

Its a sad statement on sports fans.

 

 

I know there are some fans that are never pleased, but I really don't recall Perry taking nearly as much crap as poor Sheray Thomas did.

I've never understood how a player who represents himself so well in the classroom and in the public eye can catch as much crap as Bobby Perry did in his four years.

 

Its a sad statement on sports fans.

 

They were so bad to him that he decided to make Kentucky his home after graduating. 99% of the fans were good to him.

They were so bad to him that he decided to make Kentucky his home after graduating. 99% of the fans were good to him.

 

99% may be high but he took way too much crap. Heck, just look on BGP.

Good move by Perry, seems like a classy kid.

 

Hey SA I don't really think Perry was ever a "star" type player..lol

99% may be high but he took way too much crap. Heck, just look on BGP.

 

I agree too much crap. The fans were frustrated (I was furious my own self lol), mostly because of that guy who evidently doesn't speak to his former players anymore. The fans will give Gillispie and his players much more slack, since the work ethic has been ratcheted up several notches.

I am happy to hear Bobby talk about God the way he does. That's pretty cool. I am surprised that Tubby hasn't contacted "his" guys. That seems a little odd, although I'm sure he has been busy.

I've never understood how a player who represents himself so well in the classroom and in the public eye can catch as much crap as Bobby Perry did in his four years.

 

Its a sad statement on sports fans.

 

Watch him play, then judge.

Good move by Perry, seems like a classy kid.

 

Hey SA I don't really think Perry was ever a "star" type player..lol

 

Nope, not even close to being one either. Fundamental good small school player. I thought this was a pretty dumb sign. The kid was from Durham, NC (basketball heaven) and K didn't even show the least bit of interest in him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.