Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former star Bobby Perry interviewed by Larry Vaught

Featured Replies

  • Author
He plays as well as he can play. He didn't hold a gun to Tubby's head. Tubby thought he could help UK. He busted his hump and was nothing but a credit to the university.

 

Ask yourself this would have Billy G recruited him... my guess is no.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask yourself this would have Billy G recruited him... my guess is no.

 

What does that have to with how he was treated?

  • Author
What does that have to with how he was treated?

 

He was treated like he was cause he probably shouldn't have been here in the first place.. Sheray either. Tubby put them both and several other players in a tough situation.

He was treated like he was cause he probably shouldn't have been here in the first place.. Sheray either. Tubby put them both and several other players in a tough situation.

 

 

So do you boo the fat kid on the knothole team that can't hit and shouldn't be on the team simply because an adult made the wrong decision?

  • Author
So do you boo the fat kid on the knothole team that can't hit and shouldn't be on the team simply because an adult made the wrong decision?

 

Excellent analogy. The local knothole team who's daddy pays 40 bucks for his kid to play, vs a coach who is a making over a million dollars a year, had coached for well over 10 years before recruiting Perry/Thomas. Won coach of the year, a national championship and knew the expectations at KY. Bottom line.. it was all he could get.

Excellent analogy. The local knothole team who's daddy pays 40 bucks for his kid to play, vs a coach who is a making over a million dollars a year, had coached for well over 10 years before recruiting Perry/Thomas. Won coach of the year, a national championship and knew the expectations at KY. Bottom line.. it was all he could get.

 

You don't follow along very well.

 

The discussion centers around the immature actions of fans booing/hassling a player/young man who did nothing other than play as well as he can play. He is what he is. TUBBY misjudged his ability. Its not Perry's fault - just like its not he fat kid's fault that he is not as good as his overzealous Dad thinks he is. Boo the Coach/Dad - don't boo Perry or the fat kid.

 

"WHO'S" kid deserves to be booed like that?

 

Surely you can grasp that.

  • Author
You don't follow along very well.

 

The discussion centers around the immature actions of fans booing/hassling a player/young man who did nothing other than play as well as he can play. He is what he is. TUBBY misjudged his ability. Its not Perry's fault - just like its not he fat kid's fault that he is not as good as his overzealous Dad thinks he is. Boo the Coach/Dad - don't boo Perry or the fat kid.

 

"WHO'S" kid deserves to be booed like that?

 

Surely you can grasp that.

 

I tell ya right now if I ever have a fat obsese kid with no athleticism I probably not even with my dry sense of humor would not sign him up with sports, assuming he'd want nothing to do with them from the start.

 

I guess Tubby never learned that concept though. With all the players who had to be told 5 times by their parents KY is calling to recruit them. Nate Knight, Adam Williams, Woo, Shargari, Sheray, Bernard Cote, B.P.

 

As far as the fans... I mean if someone sucks what do you do clap? I have been a Bengals fan the last 20 years and a Reds.. don't lecture me about booing.

As far as the fans... I mean if someone sucks what do you do clap? I have been a Bengals fan the last 20 years and a Reds.. don't lecture me about booing.

 

If you feel the need to boo at a professional sports event, go right ahead.

 

Booing below the pros is unacceptable.

This article makes me wonder if there was something more going on between Tubby and his players. Maybe he wasn't liked by his players as much as we all want to believe?:confused:

 

hmmm maybe I read a different article than you, but no where in there did it make me think that Perry didn't like Tubby. Actually I believe he probably likes Tubby alot because Tubby gave him a shot. The only thing I got from the article is that he might be a little hurt that Tubby hasn't tried to contact any of them. I see no where in there where it even suggests that the players didn't like him. Actually most of the players that ever played under him have usually said nothing but great things about him and how they loved him. And if I remember correctly I thought I heard that Chuck Hayes even started to cry a little when he was talking to a reporter about Tubby leaving UK. Most of the players who played under Tubby usually loved him. (Except for maybe Rondo and Crawford, who its kind of obvious they dont like him. Because they probably thought they would come in and be kings, and Tubby doesn't treat players like that no matter who they are.) Other than that its not much to show at all about the players not liking Tubby because most have said they loved him.

 

The only thing the article says is about how Tubby hasn't said anything to any of them since he told them he was leaving. And now I didn't like hearing that, but I know he is probably busy but he probably could have gave them a phone call. However Perry pretty much if anything just says kinda of how he might be hurt that Tubby hasn't contacted him, not that he didn't like him..

 

I know I am really confused where some of you got that maybe the players didn't like Tubby from this article...:confused:

Wow, looks like he still will take crap even after he graduates. Also remember that during most of his time at UK he was really playing out of his natural position to help fill gaps on the roster. And he did play just as well as any other Wildcat in March during his last couple of years at UK.

Bobby Perry is first class. I have had the privilege to get to know Bobby over the last few months and he is truly one of the better people to ever represent Kentucky. He loves Kentucky and he loves golf! He can absolutely kill it.

I'm sure that Tubby has been busy with the moving, and trying to get settled into his new job. I'm sure it hasn't been anything deliberate by Tubby. By the way, when was Perry ever a star? :D

Most coaches have a team meeting. I was alos told he told the players he would call the players AND their parents. Never did.

OTS not as classy as some like to think.

Bobby Perry is first class. I have had the privilege to get to know Bobby over the last few months and he is truly one of the better people to ever represent Kentucky. He loves Kentucky and he loves golf! He can absolutely kill it.

 

True my husband has palyed golf with him many times and he he a very nice guy. Onlyf wish the best for him. :thumb:

First and foremost I was not a Tubby fan, but come on, how many coaches really keep in touch with all their former players? Do you think he has someone who played for him at Tulsa or Georgia on speed dial? This game is a business and statements like this by Perry prove it. The only players Tubby had he would lay his life down for are G.G. and Saul. Pitino, Huggins, Crum or any coach you can think of are in the same boat. For once I'm in Tubby's corner on this topic.

Uconn thought he was star:D :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.