Former star Bobby Perry interviewed by Larry Vaught

Sportz Addict

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're telling me Huggins keeps contact with all his former players I find that hard to believe, it's human nature after 15 or 20 years to lose contact or just move away from an individual. I'm not being negative against any coach because it's just life that people gravitate away from each other.

If you're telling me Huggins keeps contact with all his former players I find that hard to believe, it's human nature after 15 or 20 years to lose contact or just move away from an individual. I'm not being negative against any coach because it's just life that people gravitate away from each other.

I talk to numerous former players from the Huggs era and they all tell me he contacts them on a regular basis to see how life is going...

Most coaches have a team meeting. I was alos told he told the players he would call the players AND their parents. Never did.

OTS not as classy as some like to think.

I think the Tubbster might have felt very unwanted and left with a few sour grapes in his mouth. It also seems odd to me that we had as many transfers at UK during his tenure. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

I think the Tubbster might have felt very unwanted and left with a few sour grapes in his mouth. It also seems odd to me that we had as many transfers at UK during his tenure. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

I think it was more he was actually starting to realize that his departure was for coming. I'm sure it made him mad at first. And you are right we were almost starting to average a transfer per year you would think.

And as far as players I really don't know. I believe towards the end Tubby was starting to lose contact with his players. They were not feeling him, or his style of play. I'm not sure if Tubby was a "players" coach. I think that contributed a lot to his very poor recruiting.

BCG, I barely know anything about him yet, but he almost seems to be like one of the guys, according to the recruits.

I've never understood how a player who represents himself so well in the classroom and in the public eye can catch as much crap as Bobby Perry did in his four years.

Its a sad statement on sports fans.

I guess this wouldn't be a good time to question the inclusion of the word "star" in the thread title then, would it?

I tell ya right now if I ever have a fat obsese kid with no athleticism I probably not even with my dry sense of humor would not sign him up with sports, assuming he'd want nothing to do with them from the start.

I guess Tubby never learned that concept though. With all the players who had to be told 5 times by their parents KY is calling to recruit them. Nate Knight, Adam Williams, Woo, Shargari, Sheray, Bernard Cote, B.P.

As far as the fans... I mean if someone sucks what do you do clap? I have been a Bengals fan the last 20 years and a Reds.. don't lecture me about booing.

This is great. Society has gotten so soft now that it doesn't want to tell kids the truth. If a college student (which by age is a grown man) gets Boooed, tough.

This thread went completely off track from what I got out of the article. Who cares if the title of the thread had Bobby Perry and the word "star" in it. What is interesting to me is the fact that Tubby is not the "great" man that he appeared to be in the public. Coaches usually build strong relationships with their players and will go out on a limb to help them any way that they possibly can.

This is great. Society has gotten so soft now that it doesn't want to tell kids the truth. If a college student (which by age is a grown man) gets Boooed, tough.

They are college students who were asked to come to that school to play basketball. If your going to boo anyone boo the coach who brings them there and gets paid for it, the players shouldn't get booed for the coaches bringing them there...

This thread went completely off track from what I got out of the article. Who cares if the title of the thread had Bobby Perry and the word "star" in it. What is interesting to me is the fact that Tubby is not the "great" man that he appeared to be in the public. Coaches usually build strong relationships with their players and will go out on a limb to help them any way that they possibly can.

How does this one article change any of that? As I said in an earlier post most of his players he has coached loved him and still do, if he wasn't that good of a person they wouldn't love him. I admit I surprised he hasn't contacted the seniors that left since he left, but you also got to figure he is at a new school trying to get the program up in a hurry, and from the sounds of it is actually trying to do alot of recruiting for once, so he has been a busy guy. Yeah I think he should have contacted them, but just cause he hasn't contacted these certain players, doesn't just change him and not make him a good person now. The fact is he is and will be viewed as a great man in the public throughout the country and he should be...