May 17, 200719 yr A Dallas auction house has offered a $1 million bounty for the historic ball. "We invite the lucky owner who delivers this historic baseball, as verified by Major League Baseball, to redeem it for a $1 million bounty at a Dallas news conference within 15 days of the record-breaking homer," Chris Ivy, drector of Sports Auctions for Heritage Auction Galleries of Dallas, said Sunday. Personally, I'd go that route and take the sure $1 million.
May 17, 200719 yr I don't even think I would sale it...I'd hold on to it for as long as possible, and everyday I would enjoy saying, "No, Barry, you loudmouth jerk. This is my ball now & you ain't getting it back". Barry would reply, "But that ball means more to me than anything in this world, including my children." I would fire back, "Admit that you don't deserve a couple hundred of the homeruns you hit becaue you abused steroids and I'll give it back". Then I would hear a click (phone hanging up). That argument would go on for years, but on the day he meets his maker I'd sale the ball to the highest bidder. That's how much I love Barry Bonds.
May 17, 200719 yr Me catching 756 is about as unlikely as me starting over LeBron in game 6. However, I think you're crazy if you don't sell it. All this talk about living comfortably, well how about the comfort of knowing you can support your family for generations to come? Sell it to Bonds or some other high-bidding ego-maniac, but if it were me, I sell it, and hope it doesn't make its way to Cooperstown...
May 19, 200719 yr How much fun would it be if you went to the game with another ball in your pocket..........................caught Bonds blast (which will be marked) then did the switch and threw your pocket ball back on the field? Or threw it into the next section over and watch them scramble. :banana:
May 21, 200719 yr I would give it to him because he would probably give you a lot for giving it to him. Griffey paid some fan and gave him some autographed jerseys for his 500 ball. But you can't put JR in the same category as Bonds. Bonds is way outclassed by Jr. I also see Jr doing a lot for the area he is from too. Bonds is just a plain IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 21, 200719 yr I'd sell it to the highest bidder. Hopefully that bidder is Barry Bonds, because I would relish the thought of squeezing every last penny possible out of that insufferable jerk.
May 21, 200719 yr A question of more concern is this: What would you do to catch #756? Personally, I really wouldn't want to be in the free-for-all that's probably going to happen when Bonds hits the historic homerun. Hopefully, it will be at a field where security is high in the outfield bleachers.
May 21, 200719 yr A question of more concern is this: What would you do to catch #756? Personally, I really wouldn't want to be in the free-for-all that's probably going to happen when Bonds hits the historic homerun. Hopefully, it will be at a field where security is high in the outfield bleachers. I would take the ball right out of the outfielder's mitt. Oh wait, that didn't work out too well for me in Chicago. :sssh:
May 23, 200719 yr If I caught it I might do what the man from Dallas did when Ahman Green asked for his #30 jersey. The man (his name escapes me) told Ahman that he could have the number if he made a donation to a charity to provide a down payment on a home for a single mother. IF Bonds did steriods, there ought to be some good that comes out of the whole mess. I would request that he give it to a charity of my choice and then I would give the ball back to him.
May 23, 200719 yr Let's see...pro athletes make money by being exceptionally good at playing a game, fans pay an arm and a leg to watch them do so, to buy souvenirs, to wear their jerseys, to get an autograph, etc. A fan catches an historic homerun and some say give it back????? I echo the sentiment of most on here, if it were me, I get as much $$$$$ out of it as I can. If Barry wants to buy it, he's going to have to double the top offer I receive. Most of these guys are decent people and I'd be willing to let them match the top offer, but Barry is one of the bad apples that spoils the bunch. Surely the athletes could understand a persons desire to make money off of it. The chance to provide for my family for years to come, to pay off my student loans, pay off the house, buy a new car to replace the 10 year old one I currently drive, take my wife on a castle tour of Europe (her dream vacation), and live debt free would be too much to pass up just because it's allegedly the right thing to do. Taking care of my family is the actual right thing to do.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.