Roger Clemens Returns to the Yankees

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees have won five of their last six, getting great pitching in all of those wins. With the pitching coming together and Clemens on the way it could be that the Yankees are not as dead in the water as some might think.

I heard someone on ESPN say that is roughly $75,000 per pitch...wow! Did I hear that right or was it $7500 per pitch?

$7500 would be close but probably low. Probably closer to $10k to $12k per pitch.

Yankees have won five of their last six, getting great pitching in all of those wins. With the pitching coming together and Clemens on the way it could be that the Yankees are not as dead in the water as some might think.

:thumb:Or like "some would like for them to be" :D . Like I said when all were so eager to count them out. It was Only April ;) .

The one thing that hasn't been reported and kinda has gone under the radar. Eric Milton has been making this kind of money from the Reds for a while now and not pitching NEARLY as well. lol

This kind of money? I doubt it...

And someone said the Yankees were getting better at saving their money and not getting into the FA spending spree this past offseason and I said they were saving that chunk of change for Clemens.

It sure appears that way doesn't it? They've signed a big time pitcher every year for the last 5 or 6, UNTIL this year. And they were out there. It's not a coincidence.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=121369

Have a nice day.