"Simply, Adam Dunn is not a run producer"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, Scott Linebrink and Mike Thompson. Linebrink is one of the most highly sought-after setup men in baseball. Thompson has a live young arm and has done well on long relief but can also be a starter. He said you need pitching . . .

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the Reds getting much in return right now for Dunn. He's striking out at a .333 clip. He missed a game a little while back for back spasms. He's a tough guy, my question would be is he hurt? Seems like he can't turn on an inside pitch.

Same story, different year. I'm not a fan of Dunn. I wasn't last year when I hoped desperately for the Reds to trade him. If you are hitting in 40 + homeruns and still driving in less then 100 rbi's than you are flat out terrible at hitting with runners in scoring position. On top of that, he's not a leader that you can count on to carry a team. He's a happy-go-lucky guy who hits long homeruns, walks a lot and strikes out a lot. He contributes very little to Reds wins.

Same story, different year. I'm not a fan of Dunn. I wasn't last year when I hoped desperately for the Reds to trade him. If you are hitting in 40 + homeruns and still driving in less then 100 rbi's than you are flat out terrible at hitting with runners in scoring position. On top of that, he's not a leader that you can count on to carry a team. He's a happy-go-lucky guy who hits long homeruns, walks a lot and strikes out a lot. He contributes very little to Reds wins.

I think you hit the nail on the head........:thumb:

This is my whole thought on Dunn to a T...I'd love to know how many of his RBI's and homeruns have come with the game pretty much decided one way or the other. When it comes to crunch time, he DOES NOT produce. Can't hit a sac fly to save his life. Why can we not do without him as some fans seem to think?

I agree with AverageJoesGym that the "runs produced" stat (du jour) is about the most important stat there is. Last year Dunn produced 151 (99+92-40). That is one run a game, nearly, that he is putting on the board. That puts him at about the Top 50 in MLB. Some players around him:

Carlos Delgado -- 165

Frank Thomas -- 152

Jason Giambi -- 168

Vernon Wells -- 165

Magglio Ordonez -- 162

Jeff Francoeur -- 157

Manny Ramirez -- 146

JD Drew -- 164

Torii Hunter -- 153

Pat Burrell -- 146

Scott Rolen -- 167

Alfonso Soriano -- 168

Joe Crede -- 140

Nomar Garciaparra -- 155

Victor Martinez -- 159

Jorge Posada -- 135

Some notable Reds players LY:

Dunn -- 151

Phillips -- 123

Edwin -- 117

Griffey -- 107

Hatteberg -- 100

Freel -- 86

Ross -- 68

Guys go into a funk and here we go again. Look at the runs he produces (nothing to do with home runs), take him off the team, and you lose 1 run a game.

Carlos Lee is getting over $14 million a year and his last three years look like this:

Well, I am a Dunn fan and think without him our offense would be more abysmal. But I'd much rather see Lee at the plate with runners in scoring position and that IMO would justify $4mil more. With that said, I love the "let's get some pitching for him" argument. (Granted, I stated on the offseason that if we could get a #1 or 2 type starter I'd trade him) If you'll notice, we have been getting quality starts,,,,,,alot of them,,,,,,,,and still can't score. Remove Dunn and see how long the funk continues. We have larger offensive issues than Dunn's inability to drive in runs. EE currently stinks, which we can't continue to absorb. Ross is horrible, and I am convinced that I could currently hit above his average. We have no leadoff hitter. Freel doesn't take enough pitches. I could go on, but I fear carpel-tunnel. Dunn is the least of our offensive woes!!!

hssb says it best above. Those of you clamoring for him to be gone. Why? B/c he strikes out? Would you rather he GIDP? Ground into a triple play like Ross?

This team has FAR bigger problems than Adam Dunn.

Like stated above, are you willing to take 1 run off of every game?