CCH and HHS fans only:

theguru

Well, sticky mitts, I guess I can't help you there, maybe it was a bit over your head!

Not likely...

Now that you mention it, I do remember Ben Guidugli waiting outside the locker room for his buddies from CCH after the game. May not have been to get ice cream though...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this thread! It makes me think of the boys I know from Bardstown/ Bethlehem. When they play against each other- they leave it all out there on the field. But when the game is over, they meet outside the locker room and head out together for the night. They give the losing team about a half hour to get over the hurt of losing, then proceed to mercilessly make fun of each other for the rest of the night.:ylsuper: I guess that comes from being in a small town and having played together at some point in youth sports. Also the mutual respect of the talents of each other. Don't get me wrong- they each want the other team to lose, and lose bad! But I think they have a good grasp of the fact that it's just a game. :cool:

It's nothing like that.............believe me.

I do not like either teams but here is why I dislike Dale. I do not fault him for pumping his kids who cares I am glad to see a coach who believes that much in his team:

8- 26, '00 Fern Creek Beechwood 55 - 0 (W)

I was at this game Highlands on side kicked every time in the 1st half and the score was like 35, or 42-0 at half I don't care what you say there is no reason to attempt to humiliate High school kids and doing this is exactly what he was doing.

Sep 4, '98 Campbell County Highlands 88 - 12 (W)

I don't care how bad a team is you can not score 88 points on a team just by your play calling, This is once again a grown man humiliating teenagers.

On a final note I must say I respect what Dale mueller has accomplished as a coach, and Highlands Football in general and the biggest compliment I can give is I can't stand them, and I hoipe they loose every game except th Cov. Cath game then I hope it ends in a tie.

How about covering the on side kick. You can achieve great field position that way. I have seen Highlands basically shut down at half the last couple of years instead of hangin a hundred on someone. Remember HHS is not a very big school and according to doctrine of the KHSAA (reason for 6 classes) should not even be on the field with a huge school like CC. I say shame on the big school that lets such a butt whipping occur. And is far as rooting for CovCath when not playing HHS, it doesn't really matter to me.

so what you're saying is there's no such thing as a rivalry on the field, but also respect and friendship off the field? I appreciate that kind of passion:fire: Maybe we should get alittle more vicious down here in B-town:fight: Thanks for the feedback! Now, since I'm not a NCC or HHS fan, I guess I'll just move along...:walk:

I do not like either teams but here is why I dislike Dale. I do not fault him for pumping his kids who cares I am glad to see a coach who believes that much in his team:

8- 26, '00 Fern Creek Beechwood 55 - 0 (W)

I was at this game Highlands on side kicked every time in the 1st half and the score was like 35, or 42-0 at half I don't care what you say there is no reason to attempt to humiliate High school kids and doing this is exactly what he was doing.

Sep 4, '98 Campbell County Highlands 88 - 12 (W)

I don't care how bad a team is you can not score 88 points on a team just by your play calling, This is once again a grown man humiliating teenagers.

On a final note I must say I respect what Dale mueller has accomplished as a coach, and Highlands Football in general and the biggest compliment I can give is I can't stand them, and I hoipe they loose every game except the Cov. Cath game then I hope it ends in a tie.

Fair enough.:thumb:

I was not at the game you speak of so I do not know what happened. I would understand your position if the onside kicking occurred in the second half and the starters or even 2nd stringers were in the game late 3rd or early 4th quarter. As far as scoring goes, as long as it is the third stringers doing the scoring if it is a 5 or 6 touchdown lead, I do not have a problem with it. Those kids practice just as hard and have to sit on the sideline most of the year. Is it fair to ask them to lay down and not score? Having said that, I also think that the play selection should be toned down quite a bit. No flea-flicker, post patterns, if you know what I mean. If the third stringers are running the ball or completing short passes and the other team can simply not stop them, so be it.

In the sport I coach, we run into the same problem. This coming season we are being forced by local powers that be to play certain teams that are going to be really lopsided matchups. We do not want to play them, the other team's coach does not want to play us. It is not going to do either team any good, the team delivering the beating, nor the team taking it. Yet I am sure the team delivering the beating will be accused of being poor sports by running up the score(at least there is a mercy rule now). Not saying that this was the case in your example, but sometimes there are more things going on behind the scenes that lead to these situations.

Then why did you post? Did you not read the "Title of this Thread"?

On Dale, ah, get over it. He doesn't coach football to humiliate teams and programs. If that was his objective, I would hate to see how bad he could really beat teams. And we don't want to see that do we? Then he would really upset some people like yourself.

He coaches to win and win as early as possible so he can bring in the second, third, and even Freshman to get experience for the future. And yes, those boys want to do the same as the starters and that means running the same offense. I wonder why he and HHS are so successful?

I will agree Highlands in the past few years has toned it down. I even saw them neal it out in a game inside the ten up 35. Sorry for intruded on this thread I was just answering a question about why people may not like Mueller. I gave my reason. I respect Highlands Football and know they work very hard to be State champions and in most years they achieve this goal.

He doesn't coach football to humiliate teams and programs. If that was his objective, I would hate to see how bad he could really beat teams. And we don't want to see that do we? Then he would really upset some people like yourself.

Oh, since he could do it worse, we should let the blowouts slip by uncriticized. ::rolleyes:

Regarding Dale and the "running up the score" thing, I'll say this:

Dale wants HHS to win state every year, and every year that's his one goal. If getting his team prepared to recover a necessary on-side kick in a close playoff game means that this gets practiced during the season in games where the outcome has already been decided, then Dale will do it, period. The school hired Dale to win games and state titles, and every year that's what he tries his best to do. God knows I haven't always been his biggest supporter when it comes to making schedules or diversifying the offense, but no one should ever doubt that his mission is always to win, and no one can deny that Dale has done a lot of winning while at HHS.

Another thing I can take from this thread is that the following can be said of Dale and indeed of Highlands football in general...

...LOVED, HATED, BUT NEVER IGNORED!!!!!!

There's no need to criticize the blowouts at all. If you want to avoid a blowout, play better! :rolleyes:

OK, blowouts was a bad word choice. Unnecessarily high blowouts is what I meant.

Either way, I can't say that previous posters are wrong that some CCH fans need (including me) to "get over" Dale. But the logic that he could beat teams worse if he wanted to is not an excuse for an 88-0 victory.

And since I'm sure the next comment will be to get over the past, I won't comment again on the matter.

Oh, since he could do it worse, we should let the blowouts slip by uncriticized. ::rolleyes:

Sounds like you are still reeling from a few years ago when Dale "ran" the score up on CCH.:rolleyes: I'm thinking like Birdsfan, maybe the other teams should play better.

Sometimes teams can't because they just are not as good and capable of winning. Case in point - HHS wasn't as good as CCH last year so they lost. Whether 1 point or 88 still a loss. When another team puts 88 on HHS, you will not hear from this poster that it was running up the score. Just a blowout and bad loss. And yes there's a difference between blowouts and running up the score. I'm sure you can figure that out. Wait a minute, I see you wrote blowouts in your post so every thing is fine. Never mind! :D