CCH and HHS fans only:

theguru

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me there! Boy, am I taken back a notch.

Just remarking on something that I have seen, but let's not get this thread closed due to my sensitiveness.

Just telling you how it is. Is it arrogant to say that a coach doesn't care what rival fans think of him?

Saying you can't stand him is a little strong unless he has personally done something to you, besides coach at a rival school and be an enthusiastic guy.

When I was in school, I felt so much venom towards Highlands.... it was pretty sad actually. As I got out of highschool, and gradually became friends with some of the dudes I had despised at one time, I progressively learned to not really hate HHS at all anymore, and somewhat root for them outside of the CCH game. I do think that "somewhat rooting" will be the extent of my support however.

:laugh: theguru asks for honest opinions, which I give, then get insulted for it.

Maybe it's his (IMO) overzealous support of his players, often to the point of overdoing it. But just like I am, he is entitled to his opinion, and as are you, as I'm sure I will hear for criticizing a coach for caring for his players.

BTW, is it rational to let one BGP posters comment get you to rethink your position?

Where is my insult??? I did not insult you??? You are entitled to your opinion, just was looking for maybe some reasoning behind it which you provided.

Surprised that you would feel that much dislike for a coach who supports his players? Again your opinion. I do not know too many coaches who do not overzealously support their own players...

To answer your question. You were the one who said A LOT of Cov Cath fans(not one...). If A LOT of CCH fans truly feel that way, then I think it is very rational to rethink my position...

And what has he done to deserve that beside beat the team you support more often than not??? I really hope there is more behind your dislike than simply that?:

I do not like either teams but here is why I dislike Dale. I do not fault him for pumping his kids who cares I am glad to see a coach who believes that much in his team:

8- 26, '00 Fern Creek Beechwood 55 - 0 (W)

I was at this game Highlands on side kicked every time in the 1st half and the score was like 35, or 42-0 at half I don't care what you say there is no reason to attempt to humiliate High school kids and doing this is exactly what he was doing.

Sep 4, '98 Campbell County Highlands 88 - 12 (W)

I don't care how bad a team is you can not score 88 points on a team just by your play calling, This is once again a grown man humiliating teenagers.

On a final note I must say I respect what Dale mueller has accomplished as a coach, and Highlands Football in general and the biggest compliment I can give is I can't stand them, and I hoipe they loose every game except th Cov. Cath game then I hope it ends in a tie.

I do not like either teams but here is why I dislike Dale. I do not fault him for pumping his kids who cares I am glad to see a coach who believes that much in his team:

8- 26, '00 Fern Creek Beechwood 55 - 0 (W)

I was at this game Highlands on side kicked every time in the 1st half and the score was like 35, or 42-0 at half I don't care what you say there is no reason to attempt to humiliate High school kids and doing this is exactly what he was doing.

Sep 4, '98 Campbell County Highlands 88 - 12 (W)

I don't care how bad a team is you can not score 88 points on a team just by your play calling, This is once again a grown man humiliating teenagers.

On a final note I must say I respect what Dale mueller has accomplished as a coach, and Highlands Football in general and the biggest compliment I can give is I can't stand them, and I hoipe they loose every game except th Cov. Cath game then I hope it ends in a tie.

Then why did you post? Did you not read the "Title of this Thread"?

On Dale, ah, get over it. He doesn't coach football to humiliate teams and programs. If that was his objective, I would hate to see how bad he could really beat teams. And we don't want to see that do we? Then he would really upset some people like yourself.

He coaches to win and win as early as possible so he can bring in the second, third, and even Freshman to get experience for the future. And yes, those boys want to do the same as the starters and that means running the same offense. I wonder why he and HHS are so successful?

Then why did you post? Did you not read the "Title of this Thread"?

On Dale, ah, get over it. He doesn't coach football to humiliate teams and programs. If that was his objective, I would hate to see how bad he could really beat teams. And we don't want to see that do we? Then he would really upset some people like yourself.

He coaches to win and win as early as possible so he can bring in the second, third, and even Freshman to get experience for the future. And yes, those boys want to do the same as the starters and that means running the same offense. I wonder why he and HHS are so successful?

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I like this thread! It makes me think of the boys I know from Bardstown/ Bethlehem. When they play against each other- they leave it all out there on the field. But when the game is over, they meet outside the locker room and head out together for the night. They give the losing team about a half hour to get over the hurt of losing, then proceed to mercilessly make fun of each other for the rest of the night.:ylsuper: I guess that comes from being in a small town and having played together at some point in youth sports. Also the mutual respect of the talents of each other. Don't get me wrong- they each want the other team to lose, and lose bad! But I think they have a good grasp of the fact that it's just a game. :cool:

I like this thread! It makes me think of the boys I know from Bardstown/ Bethlehem. When they play against each other- they leave it all out there on the field. But when the game is over, they meet outside the locker room and head out together for the night. They give the losing team about a half hour to get over the hurt of losing, then proceed to mercilessly make fun of each other for the rest of the night.:ylsuper: I guess that comes from being in a small town and having played together at some point in youth sports. Also the mutual respect of the talents of each other. Don't get me wrong- they each want the other team to lose, and lose bad! But I think they have a good grasp of the fact that it's just a game. :cool:

I fail to see the resemblance...