Gas up almost 30 cents overnight

Sportz Addict

Are we not? It is in limited supply, and it isn't getting any more plentiful. Considering gas companies have an essential monopoly, and have had one since the 70s, the government could probably do something. Whether it be facilitating other investors and businesses in opening up new refineries or what have you. But to sit back and lay the blame squarely on Bush, with no evidence, is a bit short-sighted.

It was like whoever said.. if we threatened to open up our reserves we could cripple OPECs profits in a month.. but we don't wanna do that or fight fire with fire.

Or why doesnt he demand we build refineries out in Alaska where its abandoned land?

Are you saying we just have to suck it up and pay 3.00 the rest of our lives well for 10 years, then it goes up to 4.00 and so on?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was like whoever said.. if we threatened to open up our reserves we could cripple OPECs profits in a month.. but we don't wanna do that or fight fire with fire.

Or why doesnt he demand we build refineries out in Alaska where its abandoned land?

Are you saying we just have to suck it up and pay 3.00 the rest of our lives well for 10 years, then it goes up to 4.00 and so on?

Do a bit more research and see who is a proponent of opening up ANWR and our reserves and who isn't. Also, look into why a refinery hasn't been built in 30 years.

1.99 in October

2.08 in January

2.69 in March

Has anything else jumped that percentage over a 2 month period? I don't think so. It is crazy how gas prices jump around.

Gas across the US is only up 12 cents from a year ago. In Ohio, its only up 9 cents. That's an inflation rate of less than 4%.

How doesn't it... common sense would tell you republicans are for the rich; democrats are for the middle class to poor.

ANY time there is conflict in the middle east the oil countries LOVE it. They need excuses to raise the gas prices.. calling it "tension." Everyone knows nothing is going to happen, including them, but they still get away with raising oil prices.

Bush has huge ties into oil. He is a Texan as I said. Anyone who owns any kind of oil product or oil stock is making money. If you are making 400+ K a year like Bush (just from base pay) and energy is costing you maybe 6%, you don't care. If you are a middle class person making 25K a year, trying to raise a family and its costing you 6% you are going to feel it more.

I am a public school teacher and my tax responsibility is several thousand dollars lower under this Republican President than the previous Democratic President.

Also, I found it ironically amusing that the nation so up in arms by the cost of fuel is probably the LEADING country of having vehicles that get about 9 MPG. As long as you see our roadways full of SUV's, 4 wheel trucks that are 12 feet off the ground and such vehicles, we are our own worse problem.

I am a public school teacher and my tax responsibility is several thousand dollars lower under this Republican President than the previous Democratic President.

Also, I found it ironically amusing that the nation so up in arms by the cost of fuel is probably the LEADING country of having vehicles that get about 9 MPG. As long as you see our roadways full of SUV's, 4 wheel trucks that are 12 feet off the ground and such vehicles, we are our own worse problem.

Most are aren't they? :p

90 dollars to fill mine up at this price and it will last me all of about 3-4 days. 13 MPG and almost 100 miles a day driving cost lots and lots of money for me. Wouldn't trade my gas hop Expedition for anything. Plenty of room for me, my work stuff, all my kids and anything else I need to take along.

Gas across the US is only up 12 cents from a year ago. In Ohio, its only up 9 cents. That's an inflation rate of less than 4%.

It was too high a year ago. Plus it has increase more than 4 % each year over the past 2-3 years.

They are always the first one to raise their price in hope that everyone else will follow.

Not true in Pikeville... It's usually cheaper at Speedway than everywhere else, and they're one of the lasts to raise it.

It was too high a year ago. Plus it has increase more than 4 % each year over the past 2-3 years.

Plus I thought we were still feeling the effects of Katrina even to that point. Last April was only 8 months removed from that, and that's when the gas prices really began to skyrocket. Nothing to the level of Katrina going on right now.....

Dug this up: Last April the cost of a barrel of oil was $72. Right now it's around $68. But gas is higher now.