Gas up almost 30 cents overnight

Sportz Addict

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone misses the main points on gas.

Fact of the matter is: We rely on foreign countries to produce our oil. We have been for what over 50 years now?

Iran and Venuzula give us the majority of our oil. Bush has publicly now led rallies against Chavez (Venz). Cheney meanwhile is drawing up plans to bomb Iran. Iran and Venz fully know of all the rallies and bombing plans against them. My guess is that's going to upset them and that what used to be 20 dollars a barrel oil is gonna go wayyyy up.

The US oil companies are keeping supply as tight as possible to help drive up the cost because of a high demand. They are all making BILLION dollar profits that Bush opposed to taxing. He instead rather let them pocket their money and give it back to shareholders. Instead of showing them who is the boss and that they don't run the country, the country run's them. (He obviously has a dog in the profits).

To say the Bush admin has NOTHING to do with gas prices is ridiculous, ignorant and flat out stupid.

Fact of the matter is: We rely on foreign countries to produce our oil. We have been for what over 50 years now?

Iran and Venuzula give us the majority of our oil. Bush has publicly now led rallies against Chavez (Venz). Cheney meanwhile is drawing up plans to bomb Iran. Iran and Venz fully know of all the rallies and bombing plans against them. My guess is that's going to upset them and that what used to be 20 dollars a barrel oil is gonna go wayyyy up.

Iran and Venezuela constitue only two members of OPEC. What is more, Hugo Chavez is increasingly leftists and nationalized Venezuelaz's oil production, which he would have done regardless of who was in office in Washington.

The US oil companies are keeping supply as tight as possible to help drive up the cost because of a high demand. They are all making BILLION dollar profits that Bush opposed to taxing. He instead rather let them pocket their money and give it back to shareholders. Instead of showing them who is the boss and that they don't run the country, the country run's them. (He obviously has a dog in the profits).

I will agree that the oil companies are working their situation to their favor and increased profits, but the "country runs them" and taxing profits are wildly inconsistent with our country's economic policy. Additionally, Congress levies taxes, and it is currently controlled by *gasp* Democrats. I'll go one further, reduce the restrictions on refineries and let some new competition step into the game and you'll see gas prices drop, or if Americans drove less or conserved fuel another way prices would drop.

To say the Bush admin has NOTHING to do with gas prices is ridiculous, ignorant and flat out stupid.

:sleep: Get some facts to support that and see above.

I'm not sure where you get your info from. The United States produces about 40% of the crude oil that we use. Of the countries that we import oil from, Canada (11%) and Mexico (7%) lead the pack. Venezuela (5%) comes in 4th behind Saudia Arabia (7%). We don't import ANY oil from Iran.

I'm not sure where you get your info from. The United States produces about 40% of the crude oil that we use. Of the countries that we import oil from, Canada (11%) and Mexico (7%) lead the pack. Venezuela (5%) comes in 4th behind Saudia Arabia (7%). We don't import ANY oil from Iran.

Iran and Venz are the major players in OPEC. They are the ones cutting us off and shipping their business to China. Most of the countries you mention are non OPEC countries. Saudia Arabia is the only one bailing us out over there.

Iran and Venezuela constitue only two members of OPEC. What is more, Hugo Chavez is increasingly leftists and nationalized Venezuelaz's oil production, which he would have done regardless of who was in office in Washington.

I will agree that the oil companies are working their situation to their favor and increased profits, but the "country runs them" and taxing profits are wildly inconsistent with our country's economic policy. Additionally, Congress levies taxes, and it is currently controlled by *gasp* Democrats. I'll go one further, reduce the restrictions on refineries and let some new competition step into the game and you'll see gas prices drop, or if Americans drove less or conserved fuel another way prices would drop.

:sleep: Get some facts to support that and see above.

The democrats proposed a bill to levy the taxes that your man W did not sign. It was a 50% tax when the price of oil as over 50 a gallon. This money would be used to find alternative sources and fund drilling. It's funny how you and Bush and all those guys say we need to find alternative sources, blah, blah, blah, but when we have a chance to fund it we don't. Let's just make them richer ehh? 10 Billion isn't enough? How much oil stock do you own?

The democrats proposed a bill to levy the taxes that your man W did not sign. It was a 50% tax when the price of oil as over 50 a gallon. This money would be used to find alternative sources and fund drilling. It's funny how you and Bush and all those guys say we need to find alternative sources, blah, blah, blah, but when we have a chance to fund it we don't. Let's just make them richer ehh? 10 Billion isn't enough? How much oil stock do you own?

1.) He's not "my man"; I don't like him. 2.) The Democrats have proposed a bill, sponsored by a couple of freshman, and have thrown hardly any support behind it. When W vetoes it, you can blame him all you want, even though windfall profit taxes won't change a thing. 3.) I don't have any oil stock, I only have stock in coal.

Iran and Venz are the major players in OPEC. They are the ones cutting us off and shipping their business to China. Most of the countries you mention are non OPEC countries. Saudia Arabia is the only one bailing us out over there.
OPEC imports are up 7% since 2000.

We haven't purchased oil from Iran since 1995 when Bill Clinton signed executive orders prohibiting U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries from conducting business with Iran.

In 1970, we were producing 9.6 million bbl of oil a day. Today it's about 5.2 million bbl.

OPEC imports are up 7% since 2000.

We haven't purchased oil from Iran since 1995 when Bill Clinton signed executive orders prohibiting U.S. companies and their foreign subsidiaries from conducting business with Iran.

In 1970, we were producing 9.6 million bbl of oil a day. Today it's about 5.2 million bbl.

I'm with ya, brother. Unfortunately your valid points are falling mostly on deaf ears.

Big oil always gives the excuse of raising prices on the big price jumps on crude prices... but when the crude prices go back down, they say that has nothing to do with gas prices declining. What up with that?

This is the one thing I don't understand about the prices going up 30 cents overnight. Unless there is a tanker pumping gas into the station that day then the station did not pay whatever it went up as they have old gas in their tanks. I believe we're just getting screwed all the way around. Of course we do need to go and make another area of the world less stable than it already was. That always helps.