Gas up almost 30 cents overnight

Sportz Addict

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep thinking that way and you're going to be very disappointed.

If you think Bush is making a living off being president you are wrong. Doesn't he only make 400k a year as president with some incentives? Bush is married to oil, he is a Texan. The more we bomb the middle east, the more the tension goes up, the more the gas prices go up, the more money he makes. NO republican cares about gas prices. They all make 6 figures a year.. do you think they give a crap about the middle class? The low class doesn't even exist to them.

If you think Bush is making a living off being president you are wrong. Doesn't he only make 400k a year as president with some incentives? Bush is married to oil, he is a Texan. The more we bomb the middle east, the more the tension goes up, the more the gas prices go up, the more money he makes. NO republican cares about gas prices. They all make 6 figures a year.. do you think they give a crap about the middle class? The low class doesn't even exist to them.

best post on here...on this topic

bush dows not care about the common man then again not one person in office ever has or ever will.We need a poor/common man/woman in charge.

Unbelievable. Call it what it is (has been for three years) PRICE GOUGING. It's a holiday weekend, jack up the prices, been going on for several years.

HIGH TENSIONS in the mideast is a cause? :laugh: Yeah, that's a good one. Someone in the mideast has been in a war for most of the last 1,000 years. I think high tensions is the norm there, never affected oil prices much before.

Funny thing about all these refinery problems, I never remember any affecting oil prices in the least until sometime after 2000. I guess they all worked fine and have now just gone wacky in the last few years, because a refinery problem NEVER affect prices by a dime before, much less 30 cents overnight.

Price of light crude oil 8/31/2001 = $27.20 per bbl

Price of light crude oil 3/30/2007 = $65.87 per bbl

OPEC primarily controls the price of oil. So, if gas was about $1.50 in August of 2001, then shouldn't the price of gas be at least $3.60 based on oil prices alone?

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the people who control the price of oil.

Why not break into the reserve we have all ready to go.

The report on the radio said we have enough ready to go to last us 100 years going by the average we use daily.

I believe they said it could be sold for less than a 1.00 and it would not hurt anything and after a few months we could dictate what price we want to buy oil for from the place we are buying it now because without the USA buying it they would not be able to make it as a country.

I'm a Republican, I sure don't make 6 figures a year. :rolleyes:

Price of light crude oil 8/31/2001 = $27.20 per bbl

Price of light crude oil 3/30/2007 = $65.87 per bbl

OPEC primarily controls the price of oil. So, if gas was about $1.50 in August of 2001, then shouldn't the price of gas be at least $3.60 based on oil prices alone?

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the people who control the price of oil.

I thought you said the reason for the increase is high tension in the Middle East and refinery problems? :confused:

Is your latest post party line plan B, since obviously the above reasons are garbage.

Don't tell me OPEC controls the oil prices, the US controls everything it touches in the world's economy. That includes oil. If the US threatened to open its reserves, this debate would end very quickly and gas would be $1.50 again.

I'm not mad at you. But, I am mad at the right people.

:confused:

This post is confusing on so many levels :confused:

To give you an example of how it is from FLA to KY. Siesta Key beach 2.99 a gal. 1/2 mile down the road in Sarasota 2.71 a gallon. Valdosta GA 2.65

Dalton GA 2.69. Jellico TN area 2.79 Richmond KY 2.78. Florence KY 2.74

The biggest evidence of price guaging was the Siesta KY BP that was 30 cents higher than stations right down the road.

I thought you said the reason for the increase is high tension in the Middle East and refinery problems? :confused:
My last post was just pointing out that gas could be even higher. I stick to my original reasons for why the sudden spike.

Is your latest post party line plan B, since obviously the above reasons are garbage.
Do not turn this into a political argument.

Don't tell me OPEC controls the oil prices, the US controls everything it touches in the world's economy. That includes oil. If the US threatened to open its reserves, this debate would end very quickly and gas would be $1.50 again.

I'm not mad at you. But, I am mad at the right people.

If you really believe that the US controls the price of oil and not OPEC, then further discussion is futile.

:confused:

This post is confusing on so many levels :confused:

How doesn't it... common sense would tell you republicans are for the rich; democrats are for the middle class to poor.

ANY time there is conflict in the middle east the oil countries LOVE it. They need excuses to raise the gas prices.. calling it "tension." Everyone knows nothing is going to happen, including them, but they still get away with raising oil prices.

Bush has huge ties into oil. He is a Texan as I said. Anyone who owns any kind of oil product or oil stock is making money. If you are making 400+ K a year like Bush (just from base pay) and energy is costing you maybe 6%, you don't care. If you are a middle class person making 25K a year, trying to raise a family and its costing you 6% you are going to feel it more.

How doesn't it... common sense would tell you republicans are for the rich; democrats are for the middle class to poor.

Common sense would also tell you Democrats are beholden to economic policies that have proven ineffectual, led to stagnate economies, and high inflation which have done very little for the poor. High taxes, high tariffs, and lots of government spending may sound like it would help the working class, but it has yet to do so.

ANY time there is conflict in the middle east the oil countries LOVE it. They need excuses to raise the gas prices.. calling it "tension." Everyone knows nothing is going to happen, including them, but they still get away with raising oil prices.

Oil producing countries can raise the price of oil anytime they wish. They don't need an excuse to do so with OPEC.

Bush has huge ties into oil. He is a Texan as I said. Anyone who owns any kind of oil product or oil stock is making money. If you are making 400+ K a year like Bush (just from base pay) and energy is costing you maybe 6%, you don't care. If you are a middle class person making 25K a year, trying to raise a family and its costing you 6% you are going to feel it more.

Saying Bush is making a ton of cash off of oil, or especially from his actions in office concerning oil is hearsay.

My last post was just pointing out that gas could be even higher. I stick to my original reasons for why the sudden spike.

Do not turn this into a political argument.

If you really believe that the US controls the price of oil and not OPEC, then further discussion is futile.

Fair enough. I'll play along.

Point one: You never refuted my points in the first post on this subject. Rifinery problems and Mid-East tension are suddenly "new things" to all of us?

Point two: I agree this isn't about politics, it's about the people in charge. I want the best people representing our country period. I'm sure you do as well.

Point three: If you REALLY think OPEC controls oil prices more than the United States, then you're way off. The US controls the economy of everything it touches. Oil included. This is an easy one.