Reds say NO to smoking ANYWHERE in the stadium

How is this good for smokers? I will smoke in the bathroom. I guarantee others will too. Or they'll stay in their seats instead of going somewhere out of the way.

Typical smoker attitude. Rules and regulations don't apply to me, and I'll do whatever I want no matter what the rules say. I see it everyday at the hospital. If you can't go that long without a cigarette then just stay at home.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical smoker attitude. Rules and regulations don't apply to me, and I'll do whatever I want no matter what the rules say. I see it everyday at the hospital. If you can't go that long without a cigarette then just stay at home.
Atta boy LRCW!! :thumb:

So are stupid laws and a government that wants to tell me what's best for me.

It's not what's best for you; but what's best for everyone. It's kind of like speeding laws. You may be slightly inconvenienced by not getting where you're going quite as soon; but the rest of us will be much safer, and much better off because of it.

Why should I? I can smoke at the stadium in center field and the smoke blows off into the wind. Why does that bother you? Why should that bother anyone?

It's not what's best for you; but what's best for everyone. It's kind of like speeding laws. You may be slightly inconvenienced by not getting where you're going quite as soon; but the rest of us will be much safer, and much better off because of it.

How is me smoking 30 feet away from you outside bad for you? How will you be better off?

Why should I? I can smoke at the stadium in center field and the smoke blows off into the wind. Why does that bother you? Why should that bother anyone?

That's not the point. Reds officials have set up rules and guidelines for fans, and you have stated that you won't abide by those rules because you don't agree with them. It's the same mentality that most smokers I deal with have. Would if bother you if I stood next to you at an event, and farted some of the worst smelling stuff you had ever smelled the whole ballgame?:D

It would help lesson fan behavior, to the more sublime, than outrageous....at times.
Ban smoking and drinking? Have you ever encountered a smoker who's not lit up in 2.5 hours? One that's had nothing to drink but Mountain Dews? "Sublime" is not a term I could associate with that. :scared:

That's not the point. Reds officials have set up rules and guidelines for fans, and you have stated that you won't abide by those rules because you don't agree with them. It's the same mentality that most smokers I deal with have. Would if bother you if I stood next to you at an event, and farted some of the worst smelling stuff you had ever smelled the whole ballgame?:D

I've sat next to you at a ball game before. Speaking from experience, I'd choose the smoke. :eek: :irked: :creepy:

No go the bathroom and I'll try to cover it up with cig smoke. :D I won't really smoke in the bathroom. I doubt my fiance will want to go to a game she can't smoke at. I will go to less games. I also think that a lot of fans will stop attending because of the rule. I've never heard of anyone not attending a Reds game because of smoke. I don't go to Applebee's unless some one gives me a gift certificate and even then it's carryout.

Remind me to never ride an elevator with you. :scared: ;)

That is the point. Why are they banning it (center) there at all? There are other evils. I drive a 4-cylinder car. Others drive SUV's that "bad for me"...... I don't ask them to stop.

I've sat next to you at a ball game before. Speaking from experience, I'd choose the smoke. :eek: :irked: :creepy:

We were sitting on the Belfry side. I was trying to cover up the smell of your people. :p

Would it bother you if I stood next to you at an event, and farted some of the worst smelling stuff you had ever smelled the whole ballgame?:D
For the record: I sat next to LRCW at the Reds game last year. Believe me...you DO NOT want this!

;)