Reds say NO to smoking ANYWHERE in the stadium

Second hand smoke is not addictive and I would say it's ONLY a problem if you live with someone in a broom closet 24/7 and take it in all day.
It's not about it being addictive. It's about it being a severe irritant and dangerous to people's health.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's crazy though. It's been banned in seat for a long time now. However, smoking back by the river in center field can't possibly bother anyone unless they walk out of their way to get in my smoke.
It was allowed in several areas -- including the concourse and the entrance areas.

It was allowed in several areas -- including the concourse and the entrance areas.

And I can understand banning it in those areas because they weren't isolated, but the isolated sections should be smoking sections.

Why would I buy a 6 dollar beer when I can't (and I will want to) smoke afterwards? Maybe I'll start bringing my own (like I'm a kid again) and smoking in the bathroom................. Think they'll say "come out, but don't flush".....HAHAHA

^^ :lol: I am a smoker and if you want to ban smoking inside ok whatever thats cool but to ban smoking in an open area where you are OUTSIDE such as behind the batters eye in center field is just ridiculous IMO. That smoke is not hurying ANYONE but the smokers.

The Reds had no choice. You can thank the Ohio voters for the smoking ban.

I wouldn't have any problem at all if Great American decided to go smoke free but this law just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm still curious as to how me smoking a cig in center field out by the rail looking at the river affects non-smokers............... Can anyone fill me in?
It will float over and find me....:lol: Perhaps the area where you are, is more open but others will be more congested and thus, effect those surrounding.

I'll go one further, eliminate Smoking and Drinking.....at EVERY MLB park. I know the arguments, lost concession revenue but surely most can spend 2.5-3.5 hrs, without either.