Open Job: Covington Catholic

2 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

And this all just confirms to me as a young person I wouldn't get anywhere near coaching. To many opinions from the people that don't matter. These guys coached hard, were all about winning, and all about the players. Worked for several years and now all of a sudden things like toxicity and culture are being mentioned. Something is quite fishy to me! If you can't do it at CCH, why bother even messing with coaching right now. You can't even coach anymore.

^^^This

The coaching profession is losing many talented people for the wrong reasons.

It’s more about parents and alums than it is about the kids.

Sad.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

^^^This

The coaching profession is losing many talented people for the wrong reasons.

It’s more about parents and alums than it is about the kids.

Sad.

This inevitably will be the end of amateur sports. Between officials and coaches, no one will think it's worth the time. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

National Search or do they go after Sully if He is truly unhappy out at Cooper?  Any other local names fit this job?

You guys need to realize that Tim is in the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System. The pension is substantial. Boone County pays more than the diocese and his extra duty pay is probably very good compared to CCH. His extra duty pay also figures into his retirement. This is a HS basketball job.....not major college. He has been at Cooper since it opened I believe so I would imagine financially he might take a hit.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

This job is bigger than Goetz. Sorry to say, also getting info that the Diocese was heavily involved. Would be interested to hear if anybody else is hearing this. Or why they would do it. Running off your best coach ever probably needs to be justified. 

Why? He left.....I don't believe he was terminated from the article.

7 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Definitely isn't performance. The guy had an 85% win rate! 2 of the very few state titles up here. I assume if he continued to coach at that rate he would have went down as the most accomplished coach in Kentucky history. If you just doubled his years and put his coaching to 26 years, at that rate he would have had 960 wins. He had 479 in 13 years, just unheard of.

You need to research Kentucky Basketball before making this statement.

7 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Definitely isn't performance. The guy had an 85% win rate! 2 of the very few state titles up here. I assume if he continued to coach at that rate he would have went down as the most accomplished coach in Kentucky history. If you just doubled his years and put his coaching to 26 years, at that rate he would have had 960 wins. He had 479 in 13 years, just unheard of.

Not sure where this number is coming from. Winning 479 games in 13 years would be an average of 36.8 per season, almost impossible in a state where you can only play a max of 40 games and that's if you make the state championship game every season. If you go through the KHSAA scoreboard website, he won 363 games (which is still an incredible 27.9 wins per season).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 9068 said:

You guys need to realize that Tim is in the Kentucky Teachers Retirement System. The pension is substantial. Boone County pays more than the diocese and his extra duty pay is probably very good compared to CCH. His extra duty pay also figures into his retirement. This is a HS basketball job.....not major college. He has been at Cooper since it opened I believe so I would imagine financially he might take a hit.

Maybe a dumb question here, but why would he have to leave teaching at Cooper to be the Head Coach at CovCath? Certainly isn't against the rules to teach one place and coach the other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

Maybe a dumb question here, but why would he have to leave teaching at Cooper to be the Head Coach at CovCath? Certainly isn't against the rules to teach one place and coach the other.

I guess that could happen. Old guy....that didn't happen many moons ago lol.

41 minutes ago, Hoops Junkie said:

CovCath would require head coach to be in the building. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheConch said:

CovCath would require head coach to be in the building. 

I would assume so......but the times they are a changin lol.

27 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I would assume so......but the times they are a changin lol.

Not when it comes to the big 2 at CovCath. (Football/Basketball). Baseball is the same but Krumps is grandfathered in, so that is on standby until after this season.

I think we just lost the best high school basketball coach in the state.  I think there are other really good coaches in the 9th like Sullivan and a very underrated Rodney Snapp at Newport and in the state but Coach Rusthatz was the best in the state in my opinion.