Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We need a Shot clock.

Featured Replies

Why can't we have a shot clock?

It would make the game so much better.

Sometimes the game gets so slow.

 

What is your opinion?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no shot clock at this level. JMO

I would love to see a 45 second shot clock in high school basketball, but there is alot of good reasons out there as to why things should stay the same. The main two are the cost, and finding someone to run the clocks.

Too expensive is one of many reasons. No shot clock in high school.(Just like there should be no 3pt basket before high school, or at least before 7th grade IMO. but thats for another thread.)

In small college levels the clock keeper keeps both. What is the concern with the expense. Everyone has scoreboards and not flip score keepers. somewhere along the line someone decided that an electronic scoreboard with clock was important enough. Maybe someone will determine that a shot clock will help preserve the integrity of the game by not allowing sub avg. teams to hold the ball against a better opponent for half the game. If you cannot compete with them, dont schedule them.

I have rarely if EVER seen a team hold the ball longer than 45 seconds except maybe at the end of the game while perserving a lead. Usually a turnover or shot occurs way before 45 seconds.

I have rarely if EVER seen a team hold the ball longer than 45 seconds except maybe at the end of the game while perserving a lead. Usually a turnover or shot occurs way before 45 seconds.

 

 

Ive yet to see a girls team that can hold the ball that long without a walk, foul, or jump ball... I only see primarily 10th region basketball though!

Maybe it is different in other parts of the state.

I love the shot clock. I have said it for years. High school girls basketball needs it.

 

:fight:

Hate it at high school level and hope it never happens. Most teams can't hold the ball that longwithout a turnover anyway.

I think that it really helps the down team because they can expect to get the ball back without making a 3pt lead a 5pt lead by fouling. Everybody loves to see the underdog pull one out or at least have the chance.

I see way too many girls games that feature sub-40 percent shooting. With a shot clock, many of those games would be sub-30 percent. It's a worse idea for the girls game than it is for the boys.

Ive yet to see a girls team that can hold the ball that long without a walk, foul, or jump ball... I only see primarily 10th region basketball though!

Maybe it is different in other parts of the state.

 

 

I have seen a team hold the ball for half of the 2nd quarter. They got the ball after halftime and held the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. but the sad thing was...they were losing by 20

I have seen a team hold the ball for half of the 2nd quarter. They got the ball after halftime and held the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. but the sad thing was...they were losing by 20

Who?

This was a couple of years ago but it still happened. Wolfe County done this to Knott County Central in the 05 season. They was down 20 so they figured they would hold the ball. So Knott Centrals coach said 2 can play that game and during the 4th quarter he had the girls hold the ball and Wolfes coach got mad. Not to mention looked at a girl on the floor and screamed so everyone could here him, take her out! So the girl tackled Knott Centrals point guard which was Kasi Mullins- Galloway.

I see way too many girls games that feature sub-40 percent shooting. With a shot clock, many of those games would be sub-30 percent. It's a worse idea for the girls game than it is for the boys.

 

I think the shot clock could help %. More transition shots. Womens college is much more fun to watch than high school and I think the shot clock has a lot to do with that.

 

:fight:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.