We need a Shot clock.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In small college levels the clock keeper keeps both. What is the concern with the expense. Everyone has scoreboards and not flip score keepers. somewhere along the line someone decided that an electronic scoreboard with clock was important enough. Maybe someone will determine that a shot clock will help preserve the integrity of the game by not allowing sub avg. teams to hold the ball against a better opponent for half the game. If you cannot compete with them, dont schedule them.

I have rarely if EVER seen a team hold the ball longer than 45 seconds except maybe at the end of the game while perserving a lead. Usually a turnover or shot occurs way before 45 seconds.

Ive yet to see a girls team that can hold the ball that long without a walk, foul, or jump ball... I only see primarily 10th region basketball though!

Maybe it is different in other parts of the state.

Ive yet to see a girls team that can hold the ball that long without a walk, foul, or jump ball... I only see primarily 10th region basketball though!

Maybe it is different in other parts of the state.

I have seen a team hold the ball for half of the 2nd quarter. They got the ball after halftime and held the ball for the entire 3rd quarter. but the sad thing was...they were losing by 20

This was a couple of years ago but it still happened. Wolfe County done this to Knott County Central in the 05 season. They was down 20 so they figured they would hold the ball. So Knott Centrals coach said 2 can play that game and during the 4th quarter he had the girls hold the ball and Wolfes coach got mad. Not to mention looked at a girl on the floor and screamed so everyone could here him, take her out! So the girl tackled Knott Centrals point guard which was Kasi Mullins- Galloway.

I see way too many girls games that feature sub-40 percent shooting. With a shot clock, many of those games would be sub-30 percent. It's a worse idea for the girls game than it is for the boys.

I think the shot clock could help %. More transition shots. Womens college is much more fun to watch than high school and I think the shot clock has a lot to do with that.

:fight: