Who is the top player in the Class of 2025?

Class of '25  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best incoming Jr. in Kentucky?

• Montavin Quisenberry
    • Austin Alexander
    • Cortez Stone
    • Someone else

On 6/27/2023 at 2:37 PM, Down4theblue said:

Dark horse for me is Kalen Washington at running back at GRC  Kids got some talent, but got a little nicked up last season. Had a great freshman season. 
Like that say, the greatest ability is Availability.  

Jaws was a dawg in Little League and Middle school. Playing for GRC is doing him no favors.  

On 6/25/2023 at 7:23 PM, DevilMayCare said:

Inspired by the Quisenberry recruiting thread. 

The "Who Ya With?" crowd will back their man. Others say it's up for debate. So let's have one. For what it's worth, the Rivals recruiting service has Quisenberry #1 in Kentucky for the class of '25. 

FzUxjDmWwAUhN3J.jpeg.018e15fc58e0e43a25a3add9d1562953.jpeg

247Sports has Austin Alexander #1, followed by Central's Cortez Stone, then Quisenberry, his Boyle County teammate Brock Driver, and FD's Aveion Chenault as its top five.

Prospect rankings alone won't settle this. You have to take into account on-field production and impact, level of competition, and the always important eye test. 

Here's a quick rundown of the three players in contention that are highly rated by both major recruiting outfits:

Montavin Quisenberry (ATH, Boyle County)

2022: Raised his profile ten fold after transferring from Garrard County and helping lead the Rebels to a state title. Amassed nearly 2,000 yards of total offense and scored via the run (10), catch (13), pass (2), and kick return (6). Also played a hand in creating six turnovers. Faced top competition and was seemingly always making a play somewhere for Boyle County. 

Top college offers: UK, UofL, Michigan, Ole Miss, WVU, and Virginia Tech 

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2K37Gf

Austin Alexander (Edge/TE, Cooper)

2022: Made a huge impact at TE, catching 34 balls for 522 yards and six touchdowns. And that side of the ball is not his strength. Sought after as a DE at the next level, he registered 85 tackles, 11 sacks, and a pick-six as a defender. He's grown into a 6'3", 240 pound specimen and should challenge Aba Selm for the title of best player in NKY in 2023 as a junior. The only knock against him is that the competition he sees at Cooper doesn't compare favorably to Quisenberry at Boyle. 

Top college offers: UK, UofL, UNC, Illinois, Duke, and Maryland 

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jnhx7

Cortez Stone (RB, Lou. Central)

2022: Arguably the best running back in Louisville - maybe the state? - as a sophomore, Stone gashed the Jackets' schedule for nearly 2,200 yards and 26 scores. Ran for 300+ yards combined in back to back weeks against Manual and St. X as Central's only offensive threat. Before it's all said and done, he may dethrone Ace Wales as Central's GOAT ball carrier.  That's saying a mouthful, but Stone is that good.

Top college offers: UofL, WKU, Ball State, and Miami (OH)

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jyxxw

Are we crowning Quisenberry, Alexander, or Stone as tops for '25?

What about the Male duo of Sowells and Harris? Sowells is the only offensive lineman in the convo at the moment and Harris is the latest gifted young Bulldog athlete, leading Male in receiving and locking down opponents at corner back.

Keep Wofo's Makhi Smith in mind. He had to share targets with Aden Nelson, and like Harris, he was equally impressive as a receiver and defensive back. The spotlight will be his beginning this season.

Is there a hidden gem waiting to be unearthed? If you know of any, grab a shovel and bring them to the surface. 

WR- Isaiah Johnson at Cooper is a name that people around the state probably will hear a lot more about this year. Last year as a sophomore was his first year ever playing wide receiver after playing QB his whole life. He had a great year last year as a sophomore in his first year playing WR. Look for him to be one of the top wide receivers in the state this year. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Give me Stone from the listed candidates. From unlisted, Sowells. I'm assuming Deuce Bailey must be light on offers, because other than that, why isn't his name being mentioned and he piloted his team to the State Final? He was the most impactful of the KY '25s, or am I off?

Totally agree with this.  I didn't want to seem like a homer, but Duece Bailey deserves to be on this list IMO.  If the only reason he isn't is because of college offers, does that say more about his next level potential or those that have/haven't seen him?  I don't know.  But the Top Player in 2025 is still about high school.  That being the case, I saw somewhere where he was listed as the Pre-Season 5A Player of the year.  I'm not saying he is the top but I'm saying he is on the list.

• Like 2

Here is the current list of top 2025 players in Kentucky from 247 sports 

https://247sports.com/Season/2025-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=KY

1. Alexander, Cooper

2. Stone, Central 

3. Quisenberry, Boyle

4. Driver, Boyle

5. Chenault, Douglass 

6. Collins, Scott County

7. Sowells, Male

8. Harris, Male

9. Hodge, CAL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 12:43 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Here is the current list of top 2025 players in Kentucky from 247 sports 

https://247sports.com/Season/2025-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=KY

1. Alexander, Cooper

2. Stone, Central 

3. Quisenberry, Boyle

4. Driver, Boyle

5. Chenault, Douglass 

6. Collins, Scott County

7. Sowells, Male

8. Harris, Male

9. Hodge, CAL

This list needs to updated!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:58 PM, DevilMayCare said:

What this class lacks in big time quarterback prospects, it makes up for with playmakers and production at the top of the position. The top two Warren County QBs are among the best in the '25 class.

Bowling Green's Deuce Bailey got the Purples to Kroger Field last year behind 3,500 yards of offense and 37 touchdowns. With him at the controls, they'll be favored for a return trip. 

Dane Parsley of Warren East also balled out as a sophomore, leading the Raiders to a 12-1 mark with 3,400 total yards and an an incredible 57 combined scores, running and passing. 

Both brought a great deal of excitement to the game in 2022. Their growth and development will be fun to follow the next couple of years. 

Need to put Jack Zwernemann on the radar from Bullitt East. If they are successful again this year, it will in part be due to lots of production from him.