Who is the top player in the Class of 2025?

Class of '25  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best incoming Jr. in Kentucky?

• Montavin Quisenberry
    • Austin Alexander
    • Cortez Stone
    • Someone else

Inspired by the Quisenberry recruiting thread. 

The "Who Ya With?" crowd will back their man. Others say it's up for debate. So let's have one. For what it's worth, the Rivals recruiting service has Quisenberry #1 in Kentucky for the class of '25. 

FzUxjDmWwAUhN3J.jpeg.018e15fc58e0e43a25a3add9d1562953.jpeg

247Sports has Austin Alexander #1, followed by Central's Cortez Stone, then Quisenberry, his Boyle County teammate Brock Driver, and FD's Aveion Chenault as its top five.

Prospect rankings alone won't settle this. You have to take into account on-field production and impact, level of competition, and the always important eye test. 

Here's a quick rundown of the three players in contention that are highly rated by both major recruiting outfits:

Montavin Quisenberry (ATH, Boyle County)

2022: Raised his profile ten fold after transferring from Garrard County and helping lead the Rebels to a state title. Amassed nearly 2,000 yards of total offense and scored via the run (10), catch (13), pass (2), and kick return (6). Also played a hand in creating six turnovers. Faced top competition and was seemingly always making a play somewhere for Boyle County. 

Top college offers: UK, UofL, Michigan, Ole Miss, WVU, and Virginia Tech 

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2K37Gf

Austin Alexander (Edge/TE, Cooper)

2022: Made a huge impact at TE, catching 34 balls for 522 yards and six touchdowns. And that side of the ball is not his strength. Sought after as a DE at the next level, he registered 85 tackles, 11 sacks, and a pick-six as a defender. He's grown into a 6'3", 240 pound specimen and should challenge Aba Selm for the title of best player in NKY in 2023 as a junior. The only knock against him is that the competition he sees at Cooper doesn't compare favorably to Quisenberry at Boyle. 

Top college offers: UK, UofL, UNC, Illinois, Duke, and Maryland 

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jnhx7

Cortez Stone (RB, Lou. Central)

2022: Arguably the best running back in Louisville - maybe the state? - as a sophomore, Stone gashed the Jackets' schedule for nearly 2,200 yards and 26 scores. Ran for 300+ yards combined in back to back weeks against Manual and St. X as Central's only offensive threat. Before it's all said and done, he may dethrone Ace Wales as Central's GOAT ball carrier.  That's saying a mouthful, but Stone is that good.

Top college offers: UofL, WKU, Ball State, and Miami (OH)

Hudl Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Jyxxw

Are we crowning Quisenberry, Alexander, or Stone as tops for '25?

What about the Male duo of Sowells and Harris? Sowells is the only offensive lineman in the convo at the moment and Harris is the latest gifted young Bulldog athlete, leading Male in receiving and locking down opponents at corner back.

Keep Wofo's Makhi Smith in mind. He had to share targets with Aden Nelson, and like Harris, he was equally impressive as a receiver and defensive back. The spotlight will be his beginning this season.

Is there a hidden gem waiting to be unearthed? If you know of any, grab a shovel and bring them to the surface. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now, I'm taking Quisenberry. His overall body of work dwarfs everyone else. He has production, impact, a growing list of Power 5 offers, and a state championship all on his side. Then there's the "wow factor" anytime he touches the ball. He's had the best career so far.

Ask me again in a year or two, and it may be Alexander. His upside has me leaving the door open to change my mind. He's put together in a way you seldom see from a player his age.

If talking the best high school player in 2025 class it would be hard to argue against Quisenberry at this time.  But if we are talking about as a college prospect I think it changes significantly.  Offer sheet or not, he is 5'8.

• Like 1

I'm going with Isaac Sowells Jr Louisville Male 6'2 285 center. 1 year varsity starter,  8 offers in one spring including  2 in the SEC (KY, and USC) Also won the OL MVP at the Under Armour camp in Atlanta!!! Watch the film vs St X in the playoffs and see why. 

• Like 2

I have to go with Quisenberry. The game plan from an opponent has to account for him no matter where he is. He can change the game in all aspects, offense, defense, special teams, QB. RB, Slot, Wide Receiver. Punt returns, and like a rocket. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bigg Ike said:

I'm going with Isaac Sowells Jr Louisville Male 6'2 285 center. 1 year varsity starter,  8 offers in one spring including  2 in the SEC (KY, and USC) Also won the OL MVP at the Under Armour camp in Atlanta!!! Watch the film vs St X in the playoffs and see why. 

Big #72 is a load.  With 2 more seasons to play also.  

On 6/25/2023 at 8:27 PM, BillNye said:

If talking the best high school player in 2025 class it would be hard to argue against Quisenberry at this time.  But if we are talking about as a college prospect I think it changes significantly.  Offer sheet or not, he is 5'8.

At this point in his high school career, he's comparable in stature and skill set to Wan'Dale Robinson (also 5'8"). I know that's projecting a lot for this kid and he may not get there, but he looks like the real deal right now.

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

At this point in his high school career, he's comparable in stature and skill set to Wan'Dale Robinson (also 5'8"). I know that's projecting a lot for this kid and he may not get there, but he looks like the real deal right now.

Ole Miss WR Coach told him at their camp where he got offered that he was very similar and reminded him of Elijah Moore. WR that got drafted in second round of 2019 draft. 

What this class lacks in big time quarterback prospects, it makes up for with playmakers and production at the top of the position. The top two Warren County QBs are among the best in the '25 class.

Bowling Green's Deuce Bailey got the Purples to Kroger Field last year behind 3,500 yards of offense and 37 touchdowns. With him at the controls, they'll be favored for a return trip. 

Dane Parsley of Warren East also balled out as a sophomore, leading the Raiders to a 12-1 mark with 3,400 total yards and an an incredible 57 combined scores, running and passing. 

Both brought a great deal of excitement to the game in 2022. Their growth and development will be fun to follow the next couple of years. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Wan'Dale Robinson was a one man show at Western Hills with very little talent around him.  Had Quisenberry stayed at Garrard Co and became the same show that Robinson was then it would be a good comparison.  

Quisenberry may become the next Wan'Dale Robinson.  He also may become the next D'Mauriae Van Cleave.

• Like 1