Open Job: Frankfort

14 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

In today's climate and with coaching in general IMO, "qualifications" are only a piece of the puzzle. Public perception matters, especially when community involvement is so critical in a program's success.

Community involvement is critical when the community is actually involved. When people of the community don’t give to the program or support the program but want to have an opinion about the program and direction then there is an issue. Not everyone understands the ends and outs or logistics of the program and unfortunately social media has allowed people to insert their opinion in to matters they have no clue about. Small town inner workings are the issue when this happens. 

Calipari right now is being talked about if he is fit enough to coach by everyone in America who focuses on the Kentucky program but that doesn’t mean that those opinions hold weight or that everyone of those individuals have the expertise to know if he is actually effective! Just as you said before Parents should not have complete access to a program. 

Edited by theguru

1 hour ago, TheBig70 said:

He has coached at FHS and seems to be a real supporter of the school... He maybe a alumni  of the school.  I think he coached at Shelby co as well..

And at coached at Woodford Middle. It was an unmitigated disaster. When you have him leave mid season and have to bring in an Elementary Principal. It’s bad.  

But if you want a “Frankfort Guy” he’s your guy. 

3 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

Community involvement is critical when the community is actually involved. When people of the community don’t give to the program or support the program but want to have an opinion about the program and direction then there is an issue. Not everyone understands the ends and outs or logistics of the program and unfortunately social media has allowed people to insert their opinion in to matters they have no clue about. Small town inner workings are the issue when this happens. 

Calipari right now is being talked about if he is fit enough to coach by everyone in America who focuses on the Kentucky program but that doesn’t mean that those opinions hold weight or that everyone of those individuals have the expertise to know if he is actually effective! Just as you said before Parents should not have complete access to a program. 

People have to have a reason to WANT to be involved with the program. Support is earned, in my opinion. A program can't just be run any old way and then just expect everyone to fall in line in support just because it's their school. 

So what gives? Does the program have to change first? Or is the community expected to support regardless of what's going on?

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

People have to have a reason to WANT to be involved with the program. Support is earned, in my opinion. A program can't just be run any old way and then just expect everyone to fall in line in support just because it's their school. 

So what gives? Does the program have to change first? Or is the community expected to support regardless of what's going on?

There absolutely has to be give from both sides especially in small towns and small schools. The program has a lot of change ahead of it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Down4theblue said:

And at coached at Woodford Middle. It was an unmitigated disaster. When you have him leave mid season and have to bring in an Elementary Principal. It’s bad.  

But if you want a “Frankfort Guy” he’s your guy. 

Old coach made mistakes don't mean he didn't learn from it and improve!!

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

To circle back, this definitely isn't true. It may have been a while, but to say it has never happened is incorrect. 

A lot may be the wrong word.. let’s try consistent parent support. There have been very few years where parents have pitched in. They were looking for a chain crew in warm ups last year. 

2 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

A lot may be the wrong word.. let’s try consistent parent support. There have been very few years where parents have pitched in. They were looking for a chain crew in warm ups last year. 

I won't argue consistency, I'm sure that's true. Just wanted to make it clear that it has definitely been there before. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I won't argue consistency, I'm sure that's true. Just wanted to make it clear that it has definitely been there before. 

It’s been a while and an issue that needs to be addressed along with many others.

• Like 1