Open Job: Frankfort

5 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

I agree, parents as well as COACHES need to work together... if you don't feel welcome, call the coach to set up a meeting. Discuss off the field issues (facilities, concessions, uniforms, fund raising, etc...) Sometimes being a involved parent actually helps the coach see that there is support and that will help both. The head coach who accepts a head coaching position anywhere understand the demographics and challenges he will face today while being a teacher and coach. 

Parent involvement is key, but there should be a limit, in my opinion. Everyone doesn't need (or deserve) access to a program and/or coach. Each situation is unique. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheBig70 said:

Whoever gets the job will have a lot of things they will have to fix.   

1. Culture

2.  Facilities

3.  Having more than 20 kids 

4. Creating a solid coaching staff, and not recycling coaches. 

5. Fundraising

its an uphill battle. 

Yes, its a slow grind...but its worth it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TheBig70 said:

Whoever gets the job will have a lot of things they will have to fix.   

1. Culture

2.  Facilities

3.  Having more than 20 kids 

4. Creating a solid coaching staff, and not recycling coaches. 

5. Fundraising

its an uphill battle. 

I think your #1 takes care of 3, 4 and 5. 

As for facilities, all a coach can do is advocate for change and do their part in fundraising. Ultimately, that responsibility falls on the Board. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I think your #1 takes care of 3, 4 and 5. 

As for facilities, all a coach can do is advocate for change and do their part in fundraising. Ultimately, that responsibility falls on the Board. 

Big Facts!!

Facilities are a challenge at Frankfort and anyone who would say different either doesn't know what the facilities look like, or just have their heads in the sand. A perfect candidate would say "We'll work with what we have, but this needs to change." Attracting quality coaches AND players is tough when you have much better at other schools in the same town. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Parent involvement is key, but there should be a limit, in my opinion. Everyone doesn't need (or deserve) access to a program and/or coach. Each situation is unique. 

Frankfort has never had a lot of parent involvement! Coaches have given money from their own pockets to provide meals, college trips, clothing, and much more over the years! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBig70 said:

The next coach needs to be cultured, and there for the kids a young enthusiastic guy!! stop bringing in people who can't relate to south Frankfort.

Just because you are young does not mean you can relate to kids, just because you are older doesn't mean that you can't!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingDeuce said:

Just because you are young does not mean you can relate to kids, just because you are older doesn't mean that you can't!  

It is about relationships and can you relate to the kids of this generation! Frankfort kids aren’t impossible it just takes someone who understands their lives. Whoever they choose has to be able to establish unique relationships with the kids. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theguru said:

What specifically are you disagreeing with?

I guess its not so much of specifics but in totality.

This is a different generation of kids.. and I feel like and older coach has older philosophies, that wouldn't be relatable to the kids of today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1