Open Job: Frankfort

9 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

You gotta be willing to Build, theres no state of the art facilities yet just old Historic buildings.

We did just install the jumbo tron...🤩

When I hit this lottery, we'll have the best facilities in the state! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What is taking so long at 328 Shelby Street? I was hopeful when this process started. The Athletic Director put together one of the best committees I have seen. Full of alumni and former players. Along with current Assistant AD at KSU. All those on the committee I believed would put kids first.

They have interviewed 7 applicants. Two very experienced coaches. Some alumni were in the pool. A good mix of different levels of experience.

I know parents are getting discouraged and starting to reach out to other programs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J. Peterman said:

What is taking so long at 328 Shelby Street? I was hopeful when this process started. The Athletic Director put together one of the best committees I have seen. Full of alumni and former players. Along with current Assistant AD at KSU. All those on the committee I believed would put kids first.

They have interviewed 7 applicants. Two very experienced coaches. Some alumni were in the pool. A good mix of different levels of experience.

I know parents are getting discouraged and starting to reach out to other programs. 

The previous coach was just let go 2 weeks ago.  No one hires a coach in 2 weeks.  Surely other programs wouldn’t tamper with student athletes now would they?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Down4theblue said:

People eluded to problems at Franklin Co? What’s going on?

Let’s just say they have their own mess to deal with. I don’t believe it is proper to discuss these issues publicly just to prove point. They should learn, "People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones."

• Like 2

Appears there will be an announcement today or tomorrow as for the next head coach at Frankfort.

I am not sure who it is, but I do know the two that I thought deserved the job won’t be named coach. Both alumni and know the ins and outs of the community. 

Two very experienced coaches withdrew during the process. Based on the remaining pool of candidates appeared to be all even with experiences.

I wish nothing but success for the next head coach. Those kids deserve the best.

• Like 1

Seems like good hire based on who I have been told. 

First issue for new coach is building a quality staff. Like I mentioned before no teaching positions in the district to build a staff. Going be hard to have guys commute from his part of state for $2k stipend. Wishe him luck. 

• Like 1