Open Job: Frankfort

15 minutes ago, TheBig70 said:

The next coach needs to be cultured, and there for the kids a young enthusiastic guy!! stop bringing in people who can't relate to south Frankfort 

Young often means immature and inexperienced. The challenge, if that's who they are looking for, is finding a "young" coach who is not immature and has relevant experience. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Young often means immature and inexperienced. The challenge, if that's who they are looking for, is finding a "young" coach who is not immature and has relevant experience. 

Just because someone is young doesn't make them immature and inexperienced.  All legendary coaches we talk about were once young. It depends on what staff they come from, what they have learned.   You see in all levels how young coaches have made major strides in coaching. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It don't matter where you come from as a teacher - first, coach - second, you have to have personal skills to relate to many different backgrounds and cultures. Therefore, the culture needs to be able to change and adapt to whom the committee hired as head football coach. It works hand in hand. 

I agree sometimes the best candidates in the pool, may not be whom the parents/community want, but if you love your school/program, find a way to volunteer your time, show up when you're tired and leave your family for hours extra to do a job that you will always be ridiculed by "haters" that don't get that it is getting to become a more challenging JOB. 

So when you say cultured - look at the WHOLE community and see if they volunteer to work concessions, fund raise, paint the field, clean the locker rooms, help students with homework before you say that the new hire needs to be cultured - let's see how much the culture needs to grow and adapt to the needs of the school, students and program. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TheBig70 said:

Just because someone is young doesn't make them immature and inexperienced.  All legendary coaches we talk about were once young. It depends on what staff they come from, what they have learned.   You see in all levels how young coaches have made major strides in coaching. 

I agree, that's why I said "often." It is a challenge, though. 

• Like 2

A person who understand culture will hek

1 minute ago, BobbyKnight said:

It don't matter where you come from as a teacher - first, coach - second, you have to have personal skills to relate to many different backgrounds and cultures. Therefore, the culture needs to be able to change and adapt to whom the committee hired as head football coach. It works hand in hand. 

I agree sometimes the best candidates in the pool, may not be whom the parents/community want, but if you love your school/program, find a way to volunteer your time, show up when you're tired and leave your family for hours extra to do a job that you will always be ridiculed by "haters" that don't get that it is getting to become a more challenging JOB. 

So when you say cultured - look at the WHOLE community and see if they volunteer to work concessions, fund raise, paint the field, clean the locker rooms, help students with homework before you say that the new hire needs to be cultured - let's see how much the culture needs to grow and adapt to the needs of the school, students and program. 

A person who is cultured will be able to help grow the culture. Maybe the community has never helped because they never felted welcomed in.  How often have they been invited to come bond with the team, come join them in events etc.  Whatever coach that comes in has to be able to magnify the culture of FHS and also bring their own culture in as well!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

I agree that the culture around Frankfort Football has seen better days, and whoever the next coach is has to be instrumental in getting it to where it needs to be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBig70 said:

A person who understand culture will hek

A person who is cultured will be able to help grow the culture. Maybe the community has never helped because they never felted welcomed in.  How often have they been invited to come bond with the team, come join them in events etc.  Whatever coach that comes in has to be able to magnify the culture of FHS and also bring their own culture in as well!!

I agree, parents as well as COACHES need to work together... if you don't feel welcome, call the coach to set up a meeting. Discuss off the field issues (facilities, concessions, uniforms, fund raising, etc...) Sometimes being a involved parent actually helps the coach see that there is support and that will help both. The head coach who accepts a head coaching position anywhere understand the demographics and challenges he will face today while being a teacher and coach. 

• Like 2

Whoever gets the job will have a lot of things they will have to fix.   

1. Culture

2.  Facilities

3.  Having more than 20 kids 

4. Creating a solid coaching staff, and not recycling coaches. 

5. Fundraising

its an uphill battle. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

I agree, parents as well as COACHES need to work together... if you don't feel welcome, call the coach to set up a meeting. Discuss off the field issues (facilities, concessions, uniforms, fund raising, etc...) Sometimes being a involved parent actually helps the coach see that there is support and that will help both. The head coach who accepts a head coaching position anywhere understand the demographics and challenges he will face today while being a teacher and coach. 

I agree!!!

Frankfort needs a new leader, and I say whomever it has to be should be young and experienced. The slogan "Not just anyone can coach at Frankfort high"  has some truth to it... you have to have a want to build your own legacy(reference to be a young guy). 

1 minute ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Frankfort needs a new leader, and I say whomever it has to be should be young and experienced. The slogan "Not just anyone can coach at Frankfort high"  has some truth to it... you have to have a want to build your own legacy(reference to be a young guy). 

Facts!!!