Open Job: Frankfort

16 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't think that's what it is in this case. I think it's new. It's my understanding Frankfort was completely aware of everything that had happened previously. 

So what was the issue at Bullitt East that has caught up to him to cause him to be let go? This was a long "investigation" or situation to be resolved. Will he ever coach public school football or even coach football again? 

1 minute ago, BobbyKnight said:

So what was the issue at Bullitt East that has caught up to him to cause him to be let go? This was a long "investigation" or situation to be resolved. Will he ever coach public school football or even coach football again? 

Again, I don't think this is something that has "caught up to him." I believe it is likely due to behavior and/or actions since being at Frankfort. 

Multiple issues at BE. One was in the classroom Vs a student. The other was not made public, but it’s one of the 3 thing you can do as an educator. 
Then went to Lafayette for about 15min. They googled him. Then let him go…. Then wound up at Frankfort. 

4 minutes ago, Down4theblue said:

Multiple issues at BE. One was in the classroom Vs a student. The other was not made public, but it’s one of the 3 thing you can do as an educator. 
Then went to Lafayette for about 15min. They googled him. Then let him go…. Then wound up at Frankfort. 

Frankfort did their homework prior to hiring him, which is why I believe it is something new. 

1 hour ago, BobbyKnight said:

After seeing what I assume is the video that got him released at BE, I wouldn't let him coach my child.  So the short answer is no, there's no way he coaches again, in my opinion. 

And if Frankfort knew about this before and still hired him, that says a lot about their standards.

45 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I obviously don't know the inner workings of the hiring process, but Atchley's previous issues were well documented and not a secret. FIS knew about them when they hired him. 

So what was the student issue? Fight? Relationship? 

What other facts / accusations are there? 

16 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

So what was the student issue? Fight? Relationship? 

What other facts / accusations are there? 

At Frankfort? I have no idea. I'm simply sharing my opinion on what I think may have happened. 

19 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't think that's what it is in this case. I think it's new. It's my understanding Frankfort was completely aware of everything that had happened previously. 

Quote from Frankfort principal when he announced the hiring.  I have zero issue anytime anyone gets a second opportunity.  If the state standards board does not revoke a certificate and the person is honest about what happened then who really should criticize the hiring.  If he screwed this second chance up that is on him not the school.

“While X’s and O’s are important in the game of football, learning and teaching life lessons is what it is truly all about. We are completely aware of the coach’s accomplishments and setbacks. We know adversity can come anyone’s way, and it’s all about how we respond and grow through those times. I am confident no one will be able to capitalize on teachable moments better than Coach Atchley.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Quote from Frankfort principal when he announced the hiring.  I have zero issue anytime anyone gets a second opportunity.  If the state standards board does not revoke a certificate and the person is honest about what happened then who really should criticize the hiring.  If he screwed this second chance up that is on him not the school.

“While X’s and O’s are important in the game of football, learning and teaching life lessons is what it is truly all about. We are completely aware of the coach’s accomplishments and setbacks. We know adversity can come anyone’s way, and it’s all about how we respond and grow through those times. I am confident no one will be able to capitalize on teachable moments better than Coach Atchley.”

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, .....