Selection Sunday 2023

DragonFire

RE: Texas A&M. Going into the conference tournament, most had A&M around that 6 or 7 seed mark. UK the same. Why are we acting shocked it played out that way?

Look, I get A&M did great during conference play, but the committee can't ignore being handled (not just losing) to Murray State, Boise State, and Colorado. Plus a loss to Wofford.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I look at the the brackets and the net rankings and have a hard time figuring out how net rankings factor into seeding. Or are net rankings not used for seeding?

I don't think they are, I feel like I read something somewhere that said they aren't factored, but I could also be making that up. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Tickets were sold out before brackets were announced at most sites. NCAA already has their money.

Still plenty of overpriced tickets available at Greensboro, so definitely the NCAA knew what they were doing.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 10:41 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I look at the the brackets and the net rankings and have a hard time figuring out how net rankings factor into seeding. Or are net rankings not used for seeding?

From what the committee seemed to say. They do use the NET for a baseline, but seem to look more at the quad 1 and quad 2 columns from it. Then also still factor in wins and losses, because a team like Arkansas was top 20 in NET but based on overall record had the committee move them down some in their rankings to number 30. Then true road wins were also factored in. Now in some cases the NET rankings weren’t close. However,  it seems for a lot the NET rankings were either plus or minus one seed from where their NET ranking was for a lot of schools. 

Here is a link of how the committee ranked the teams for the tournament.  

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/03/12/selection-committee-rankings-2023-mens-ncaa-tournament-march-madness

• Thanks 1