How good is this UK hoops team?

diggerphelps

#10 Ok St got beat but it was to #6 Kansas

#11 Duke got beat by unranked G Tech

#12 Butler got beat by unranked Illinois-Chicago

#20 Tennessee got beat by unranked Vanderbilt

#22 UCONN got beat by unranked Marquette

#25 Maryland got beat by unranked Miami (Fl)

All got beat by unranked teams besides Ok St.

Ok St was +9

Duke was +2.5

Butler was -4.5

Tennessee was -1.5

And Marquette was ranked last week

It's tough to call it this year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: :eek: :eek: Woooo now cowboy.

Well UConn is a sham, and they're proving it.

Duke has lost 2 straight to unranked teams, the also lost to Marquette (now unranked), and only beat IU by 3 at Camron (UK beat them by 5). Their best wins are over Georgetown (now unranked) and Gonzaga (now unranked).

Do you really think its that bold of a statement to say UK is better?

They should be anywhere from 12-20 in the polls. The reason that I say this is because I believe come selection Sunday they will be a #4 or a #5 seed in the tournament. Voters have a love for the "mid-majors" now because George Mason made them all look like idiots last season!!!...:thumb:

Well UConn is a sham, and they're proving it.

Duke has lost 2 straight to unranked teams, the also lost to Marquette (now unranked), and only beat IU by 3 at Camron (UK beat them by 5). Their best wins are over Georgetown (now unranked) and Gonzaga (now unranked).

Do you really think its that bold of a statement to say UK is better?

No but I don't think its true. They are both better right now IMO.

I think there are three opponents that hurt UK from a rankings standpoint. UL, IU and DePaul should be solid wins, but they are all a lot more down than expected. Like I said, they will have the chance to move up soon enough...

I for one have been impressed w/ IU since UK beat them.

As for DePaul, I anticipate them to have some solid wins in the conference to hang their hats on. Didn't they beat Kansas? :sssh:

UL I just can't make an argument for right now.

I for one have been impressed w/ IU since UK beat them.

As for DePaul, I anticipate them to have some solid wins in the conference to hang their hats on. Didn't they beat Kansas? :sssh:

UL I just can't make an argument for right now.

Well surely it can't be the coaches fault because so many of the UK faithful hold him up as infallible and we would have another 24 national titles if only he wouldn't have left.:p:D :sssh: ;)

I'm by no means a UK expert, but UK and a lot of the top teams in the country always have the same kinda year. 20-25 wins a high seed in the tourney and then the tourney is always up for grabs.

I don't know what I prefer, being a fan of a team that is OKAY, only makes it to the tournament on occasion. OR having a team that is virtually loaded every year, guaranteed to make the post season, only to come up short year in and year out.

I know Kentucky can't win it every year, but to have some pretty decent talent and not win it in 10 years would frustrate me.