How good is this UK hoops team?

diggerphelps

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Jerry Palm say the other day that the RPI is way off until February. I think he knows a thing or two about the process...

I wouldn't say it's way off until February, but yeah, it gets more accurate as the season goes on. Usually a few weeks into conference play you can get a pretty good idea from it though.

I think there are three opponents that hurt UK from a rankings standpoint. UL, IU and DePaul should be solid wins, but they are all a lot more down than expected. Like I said, they will have the chance to move up soon enough...

IU and DePaul aren't hurting UK in the RPI any right now, both are top 50. UL is killing us however, with their RPI hovering around with Houston's.

Safe to say Texas is moving up... :D

Yup, they should be ranked too, they're a solid top 25 team.

Crazy night for the top 25 though, with 6 teams ranked 10-25 losing. A lot of teams could move around, but who knows. I have no faith in the voters this season. :lol:

Crazy night for the top 25 though, with 6 teams ranked 10-25 losing. A lot of teams could move around, but who knows. I have no faith in the voters this season. :lol:

I tried to tell the voters how good Florida was last year. They listened in the end... :D

#10 Ok St got beat but it was to #6 Kansas

#11 Duke got beat by unranked G Tech

#12 Butler got beat by unranked Illinois-Chicago

#20 Tennessee got beat by unranked Vanderbilt

#22 UCONN got beat by unranked Marquette

#25 Maryland got beat by unranked Miami (Fl)

All got beat by unranked teams besides Ok St.

It's tough to be a voter this year. There are 8-10 really good teams, then the next 25-30 are all inconsistent at best.