How good is this UK hoops team?

diggerphelps

IMO the cats are not a really great team, but should be ranked, they are still the Kentucky Wildcats and have won 9 or 10 in a row, and have only lost what 3 games, should be ranked.

:thumb: and 2 of those 3 losses were to the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the country.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marquette was ranked when they played Duke.

LSU was (still is) ranked when they played UConn.

:thumb: Just checking. I just thought it was fair that it be known that those teams weren't unranked when beaten, and that's when it matters in an discussion such as this.

:thumb: Just checking. I just thought it was fair that it be known that those teams weren't unranked when beaten, and that's when it matters in an discussion such as this.
Or to at least note all of their current rankings which probably more accurately depicts how said teams have progressed...

LSU is #18

WVU #21

The other teams are currently unranked.

I don't think you find out anything on the first Monday in April, maybe the first Tuesday morning in April we might know something.

This team is a very good team, illustrated by their spirited win over Auburn. Their schedule surely gets much tougher starting w/the Tennessee game, but I think will come through that stretch a battle-tested basketball team.

Why? I mean if UK beat a team earlier in the year that was ranked, but that team ended up not being ranked now. I am almost certain that you or atleast some UL fan would discredit the win by saying well that win was not as good as we thought...

It's hard for me to get a read on this team right now. They've won all the games that they should. Two of their losses were to top 5 teams (UNC and UCLA). They looked very good in the loss to UCLA...it was a game that they easily could have won. Memphis is a team that UK maybe could have beaten, but you have to consider that it was in Maui and it was our 5th game in 8 days or something...I think the Cats just ran out of gas in that one, so to me, that game is a wash when it comes to analyzing the team.

As for the games they've won...IU and U of L were nice wins, even if those two teams aren't that great. They have looked very good at times (see Auburn last night) and then kinda sloppy and uninspired at times.

As a fan, if you'd told me they'd only have 3 losses at this point in the season, I'd be happy. And, I am happy with the record. I'd like to see more consistency, but hopefully that is coming...and it could be based on their first two SEC games. I'm not concerned about the rankings (or lack of). The schedule toughens up, so we'll have our chance to get in the mix if we take care of business.

So, how good is this UK hoops team? February will go a long way toward answering that question.

Sometimes polls change, not just because a team has improved or gotten worse as the season has went on. But sometimes, and Im sure it's rare, the poll is WRONG to begin with, as they have been most of this season.

A poll is just a bunch of opinions thrown together to try and find a medium. They're about as valid as someone's opinion too. IMO, people put way to much emphasis on these 'polls' when comparing teams.

A poll is just a bunch of opinions thrown together to try and find a medium. They're about as valid as someone's opinion too. IMO, people put way to much emphasis on these 'polls' when comparing teams.

Then in the post I was questioning, there shouldn't have been any rankings used at all...He failed to recognize that a couple of the teams UConn and Duke lost to were ranked, yet made sure that all three teams UK lost to had their rankings noted...Hmm...:sssh: