Bellevue season over? (Confirmed)

TRPride

Bellevue started the season with 20 on the roster, 8 seniors, only 3 total combined juniors and sophomores, and 9 freshmen. 
injuries, kids quitting, GPA issues presented attrition and a decision was made to fold the season. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tiger32 said:

Bellevue started the season with 20 on the roster, 8 seniors, only 3 total combined juniors and sophomores, and 9 freshmen. 
injuries, kids quitting, GPA issues presented attrition and a decision was made to fold the season. 

I saw someone comment that perhaps they should consider only competing in JV or froshmore for a year or two to attempt to rebuild. With 2 juniors, 1 sophomore, and 9 freshmen on this year's roster, I have to think that would be a good idea for Bellevue.

• Like 2

Sad.  I feel really bad for the remaining Bellevue players and especially Coach Brausch, who was so optimistic about generating renewed enthusiasm for the Bellevue program, back when he took the job.

Even with limited numbers, he felt that the Tigers could be somewhat competitive by the middle of he 2023 season.

Bellevue had Ludlow, NCC, Holmes, and the District 3 Top Seed in their future, if they had chosen to ride it out.  You can see where it would be impossible to maintain any enthusiasm to continue to be abused for the next month, with no hope of even a competitive game.  

This is obviously a major setback.  It wasn't that long age, when we were in our infancy (Brossart) that Bellevue was a thriving proud river city school, with a lot of pride in their program, and strong numbers.

Hopefully, they will find a way to right the ship and generate interest in the preservation of Bellevue football.

• Like 2

How many boys does Bellevue have enrolled in the school? I'd imagine Dayton has around the same amount of boys in school there, yet haven't had this issue as Bellevue has had the past few years.

I have heard that people who have kids and the resources that live in Bellevue are not sending them to school there, and a lot of people move in to the city with no intention of starting families as well. 

I was told that the City of Bellevue is an area of one (1) square mile.  Is that true?  If it is, would seem to be a very small pond to field a football team from.  Not trying to kick them while they are down, as I certainly hope they can turn it around.  But this may be one of the issues.

58 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I was told that the City of Bellevue is an area of one (1) square mile.  Is that true?  If it is, would seem to be a very small pond to field a football team from.  Not trying to kick them while they are down, as I certainly hope they can turn it around.  But this may be one of the issues.

Ludlow 0.36 square mile

Bellevue 0.90 square mile

Dayton 1.90 square miles

Newport 3.01 square miles

Ft. Mitchell 3.10 square miles

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ludlow 0.36 square mile

Dayton 1.90 square miles

Newport 3.01 square miles

Ft. Mitchell 3.10 square miles

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Ludlow 0.36 square mile

Dayton 1.90 square miles

Have been told that some of these communities are starting to see young professionals move in from Cincinnati. Is that true? If so, it could help the schools financially because of increased taxes but often those folks don't have tons of children so it might not help enrollment. (And of course I could be wrong about all of this!)

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Have been told that some of these communities are starting to see young professionals move in from Cincinnati. Is that true? If so, it could help the schools financially because of increased taxes but often those folks don't have tons of children so it might not help enrollment. (And of course I could be wrong about all of this!)

This has become very popular in Newport; especially on the East Row where there are a lot renovated beautiful homes. The problem is, very few, if any, of the young families in that area are sending their kids to Newport. If they do have kids they are sending them to private schools in the NKY area and across the river or paying tuition to go to one of the better performing public schools. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

This is true. Bellevue has become a hot spot for young professionals. The issue is when they begin having families, they either move or they send their kids to private schools in Ohio, NCC or pay tuition at Highlands. 

I know it has been discussed and there would be hurdles but I would love to see Bellevue and Dayton combine. Maybe even add in Newport. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1