Survivor 42

22 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

I also believe that Drea was playing her idol no matter what.  Jonathan planted that red flag when he said he wanted to vote out Maryanne to flush out her idol.   I don’t know what Maryanne was going to do with her idol initially but once Drea began to speak her truth then Maryanne felt morally compelled to join her and played her idol as well.  It was the right thing to do for both of them in my opinion.   

I'd be really interested to see how that tribal would have played out had that group of five gone first.  Because I think you're dead on, she totally picked up on Jonathan wanting Maryanne out to flush an idol.  What a blunder by Jonathan.  I like the guy but he is very behind in strategy compared to others and his conversation with Lindsay was pretty funny to me.

I think she was playing it no matter what too.  Everything at that tribal probably saved Maryanne because she might have went home, with an idol in her hand.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I'd be really interested to see how that tribal would have played out had that group of five gone first.  Because I think you're dead on, she totally picked up on Jonathan wanting Maryanne out to flush an idol.  What a blunder by Jonathan.  I like the guy but he is very behind in strategy compared to others and his conversation with Lindsay was pretty funny to me.

I think she was playing it no matter what too.  Everything at that tribal probably saved Maryanne because she might have went home, with an idol in her hand.

Agreed. If Maryanne doesn’t play her idol she’s gone and I don’t believe she was going to play it. 

• Like 3

Here is how I see this. Everyone was playing the game. I don't think anyone in the game outside the black people were even thinking about race. The black players in the game thought about race. How could they not? It is a daily fact of life for them. They even talked about a black alliance. But that seemed to become an afterthought as the game went on and I think the black players also became focused on playing the game with no thoughts of race. Four black players made the merge. Most of the players voted out before the merge were white players. There was no racial bias in the game. They were all just playing the game, all the way up to that tribal council. In the previous week both Drea and Rocksroy voted out Chanelle. They were playing the game. BUT ... 

When they walked in, I think everyone on that tribe was certain that Romeo was gone. When they walked in and saw Rocksroy - not Romeo - and saw two black players sitting on the jury, real life outside the game took over life inside the game. All of the worries that black people carry with them, justifiably so, flooded to mind for Drea. It did not matter that she voted Chanelle out. In fact, at that moment I don't doubt she had guilt that she did vote Chanelle out. The players are stressed at this point in the game. They are hungry. They are tired. They aren't rested. The weather was miserable at tribal. It was all too much. It made no sense that Rocksroy was there instead of Romeo - was it racial? It did not matter that Mike was the only white caucasian on the Rocksroy tribe. That thought had to come to mind in that moment. I think any black person in Drea's shoes would have the same thought. 

I was glad that they decided to take out Hai instead of Jonathan.  Too often I feel like they worry too much about voting out the brut strength and let the strong mental players scoot through too long.  There's bound to be a big puzzle challenge that will probably hurt Jonathan and they can take him out then.

Omar seems to be getting a strong edit.  Seems like a very strategic player that is flying under the other's radars.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I was glad that they decided to take out Hai instead of Jonathan.  Too often I feel like they worry too much about voting out the brut strength and let the strong mental players scoot through too long.  There's bound to be a big puzzle challenge that will probably hurt Jonathan and they can take him out then.

Omar seems to be getting a strong edit.  Seems like a very strategic player that is flying under the other's radars.

Omar's social game and his strategy is really impressive. He seems like he's bordering on awfully arrogant about his game during his confessional clips, though - although he really hasn't hinted at that during any footage they've showed elsewhere during the game. It seems like somewhere he's fed just about everyone on the game some false information or he's played everyone by this point, so the potential for that to come back and bit his rear end seems like it's definitely there.

I'm looking at Lindsay as being one of the strongest contenders to win at this point.

I noticed the Omar edit too. I'm not sure if it's because he wins or if it's because his game is about to get blown up.

I'd like to see Jonathan make it to the finals along with other strong players. I'm tired of seeing the weak pick off strong players every season just because there are so many weak players each season. In the early seasons it seemed like the weak were culled out first and then stronger competitors fought it out. I'm not talking about just stronger physically but mentally as well.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Omar's social game and his strategy is really impressive. He seems like he's bordering on awfully arrogant about his game during his confessional clips, though - although he really hasn't hinted at that during any footage they've showed elsewhere during the game. It seems like somewhere he's fed just about everyone on the game some false information or he's played everyone by this point, so the potential for that to come back and bit his rear end seems like it's definitely there.

I'm looking at Lindsay as being one of the strongest contenders to win at this point.

His lie to Mike about Hai was great.  But yeah, could definitely catch up to him.

Lindsay hasn't gotten the shine that she probably deserves up to this point from the producers, as well as just in general.  Kind of been in Jonathan's shadow but she's been strong throughout I feel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I'd like to see Jonathan make it to the finals along with other strong players. I'm tired of seeing the weak pick off strong players every season just because there are so many weak players each season. In the early seasons it seemed like the weak were culled out first and then stronger competitors fought it out. I'm not talking about just stronger physically but mentally as well.

The only weak player I see out of the remaining group is Romeo, no matter how you decipher strength/weakness in Survivor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The only weak player I see out of the remaining group is Romeo, no matter how you decipher strength/weakness in Survivor.

I agree which is why I think he will be kept around, he feels like a goat to me that will be taken to the finals by whoever makes it but then again I thought that way about Heather last season so you never know.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

His lie to Mike about Hai was great.  But yeah, could definitely catch up to him.

I thought that was a mistake. If I am on Survivor and a player tells me what another player said about me, a huge red flag goes up. The person telling me that is trying to play me and I  know that player is someone who is highly likely to say something about me to another player. Omar would have moved to the top of my "do not trust" list.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I thought that was a mistake. If I am on Survivor and a player tells me what another player said about me, a huge red flag goes up. The person telling me that is trying to play me and I  know that player is someone who is highly likely to say something about me to another player. Omar would have moved to the top of my "do not trust" list.

I get what you're saying, but he played Mike's emotions and knew Mike would believe it.  Maybe he wouldn't tell a lie like that to you because his read is you're a more logical/strategic player, whereas Mike plays with his emotions.

Was late watching.  MJ's points are (like usual) spot on. 

Lindsey suddenly appears jumps out of a big shadow.  Had she found that idol - she would have had inside track to finals. 

Maryanne gets a payback and now she has some hidden strength.  Can she really keep it secret? 

Romeo is either gone or vote fodder for the end. 

Drea, Lindsey have to be considered favorites at this point.  Omar and Mike in 3rd.  Jonothan needed an idol or two at this point.  And as quirky as Maryanne is - she may work her way in their. 

• Like 1