Survivor 42

Alright ya'll, Survivor Season 42 begins tonight!

The things that annoyed me in Season 41 are going to annoy me again in Season 42 (e.g. Stupid phrases at beginning of challenges, way too many advantages in play) since they literally filmed it right after Season 41.  I suspect we won't see the phrases after this season, so let's bear through it one more time.

I'll be interested to see who people have as their front runner to win after the first episode, lets call it your first impression winner.

Let's go!  Survivor Night!

• Like 4

Initial thoughts:

I think this season is going to be desperate for a Ricard or a Shan based on that first episode.

I know they had mud and fake blood for those three to put on them to convince their tribemates that they had a tough thing to get through, which is why it took time. But why in the world would you put fake blood on you.  I'm not sure I'd even do mud.  Just say it was a long run and a ton of knots.

I thought for sure Probst was going to tell Jackson he crossed a line lying about being transgendered, or the producers didn't know, so he was going to talk to him about it.  Threw me off a little.  But how about Marianne's scream when they told the tribe?

I feel like Tori has the potential to be a good player, but she annoyed the heck out of me.  A few of them did, like the guy that got voted out.  Not upset he was the first voted out.

I feel like Drea could do pretty well, but she's probably going to get in her own way.

Romeo and Jenny are my early random picks.

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Initial thoughts:

I think this season is going to be desperate for a Ricard or a Shan based on that first episode.

I know they had mud and fake blood for those three to put on them to convince their tribemates that they had a tough thing to get through, which is why it took time. But why in the world would you put fake blood on you.  I'm not sure I'd even do mud.  Just say it was a long run and a ton of knots.

I thought for sure Probst was going to tell Jackson he crossed a line lying about being transgendered, or the producers didn't know, so he was going to talk to him about it.  Threw me off a little.  But how about Marianne's scream when they told the tribe?

I feel like Tori has the potential to be a good player, but she annoyed the heck out of me.  A few of them did, like the guy that got voted out.  Not upset he was the first voted out.

Romeo and Jenny are my early random picks.

I get the feeling Drea could end up being a lot like Shan. Don’t see a Ricard just yet but it’s hard to tell this early on.

I think the winner will likely come from the female ranks.  Two of the physical males already have targets on them and beach guy will too eventually. 

Jenny seems good.  The question will be can she win some physical challenges. 

Drea has the tools but needs to chill a bit and get more low key. 

Tori also seems to have tools.  But she came off as know-it-all it seems. 

Unanimous first out.  That had to sting but was not surprising. 

I found Jackson's story and situation intriguing.  It shows somewhat real reality.  People have to deal with things and its no all fun as it sometimes looks like on these shows.  CBS also let some mental health issues come out during the Amazing race as well.  As long as the people on camera are OK with it it seems like a good trend. 

2 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

I found Jackson's story and situation intriguing.  It shows somewhat real reality.  People have to deal with things and its no all fun as it sometimes looks like on these shows.  CBS also let some mental health issues come out during the Amazing race as well.  As long as the people on camera are OK with it it seems like a good trend. 

Jeff Probst loves nothing more than stories like that, "the social experiment".  He'd maybe never admit it publicly (or maybe he would) but I bet one of his favorites moments ever in Survivor was when Jeff Warner outed Zeke as transgendered and all the dialogue that created at that Tribal Council and amongst the Survivor community.

44 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

They made it seem like he was stopping a challenge. So I'm not sure.

Yeah I just noticed he said both which implies two tribes but could be that one tribe was already finished and the two other tribes fighting for second.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I am glad the stupid phrase isn't as horrible as the ones last season.

The guy that dislocated his shoulder is pretty smart.

I think Im glad they didnt vote out Marianne but I'm kinda over her wannabe love story.

Yeah Marianne is just too much and I think it will ultimately get her voted out.

20 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Not sure if the contestants can hear Jeff during the blindfolded challenges.  But if they can, then he should be a bit more constrained.  3 barking voices is bad enough without him adding the 4th. 

I hate that challenge, always have. You're just asking for players to get injured.

• Like 1