2023-2024 Football Realignment

Seybold24

1 hour ago, Ram said:

Serious question:  What is wrong with a school wanting to keep enrollment at a certain number per class to have a better student to teacher ratio?  I know some schools can't do that because of geography, but I have heard many times in newspaper interviews where supernatants were complaining because they don't have enough staff to give them a good ratio to instruct students.  If a school has the capability to hold that number at an appropriate level, why shouldn't they do that? 

Spot on. Bardstown maintains a 24:1 ratio and has kids from Nelson County on a waiting list to get in. There is discussion about going to 25:1 but it’s delicate. Low classroom ratio is a huge sell for me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Spot on. Bardstown maintains a 24:1 ratio and has kids from Nelson County on a waiting list to get in. There is discussion about going to 25:1 but it’s delicate. Low classroom ratio is a huge sell for me.

Exactly.  Raceland keeps the class size to 100 students for the same reason (25:1).  One of the big selling points for me and my wife and why my kids went there.  

38 minutes ago, Ram said:

Exactly.  Raceland keeps the class size to 100 students for the same reason (25:1).  One of the big selling points for me and my wife and why my kids went there.  

Raceland is actually on about  13:1 ratio after looking it up. The state average is about a 15:1.

• Like 1

I'm curious on John Hardin who has been 4A. Their total enrollment has been below 750 students for the past 3 years which is lower than Elizabethtown at 3A. I don't know what the cutoff is but I'd say JH will be moving to 3A. If so I would think that would move them to a district with Elizabethtown. I could see a district with Etown, John Hardin, Larue and Hart Co. maybe. Then the 3 Nelson Co schools, Bardstown, TN and Nelson in a district with maybe a Mercer Co.

5 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

I'm curious on John Hardin who has been 4A. Their total enrollment has been below 750 students for the past 3 years which is lower than Elizabethtown at 3A. I don't know what the cutoff is but I'd say JH will be moving to 3A. If so I would think that would move them to a district with Elizabethtown. I could see a district with Etown, John Hardin, Larue and Hart Co. maybe. Then the 3 Nelson Co schools, Bardstown, TN and Nelson in a district with maybe a Mercer Co.

Bardstown is the second-lowest enrollment 3A school, if memory serves. We are always on the watch to see if they drop us to 2A.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:11 PM, GOREDDEVILS said:

Raceland is actually on about  13:1 ratio after looking it up. The state average is about a 15:1.

That's much lower than I thought.  And, I'm also surprised the state average is 15:1, in our area the county schools are much higher.   But, I know Raceland wants to keep the total class size to 100.  

5 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Bardstown is the second-lowest enrollment 3A school, if memory serves. We are always on the watch to see if they drop us to 2A.

Russell and Bardstown are very close in enrollment. Bardstown 661 and Russell 650. Russell has been playing in 3A because because of close travel.

46 minutes ago, Ram said:

That's much lower than I thought.  And, I'm also surprised the state average is 15:1, in our area the county schools are much higher.   But, I know Raceland wants to keep the total class size to 100.  

19:1 For Greenup County, 17:1 for Boyd County, 18:1 for East Carter, West Carter is 17:1 I looked all of those schools up. Ashland is 16:1. So I can see how the average could be 15:1 for the state.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

19:1 For Greenup County, 17:1 for Boyd County, 18:1 for East Carter, West Carter is 17:1 I looked all of those schools up.

Honestly, shocked.  

Now, what makes such a difference in the schools in the question.  Test scores, are different, graduation rate is different.  College attendance is different.  Why? 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Westernside said:

I believe districts in Western Kentucky will be seeing new teams the next four years for sure.

I agree I think there will be a lot of movement in far Western KY.  This end of the state is not seeing a population increase like many other areas in KY.  

On 11/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, Ram said:

Honestly, shocked.  

Now, what makes such a difference in the schools in the question.  Test scores, are different, graduation rate is different.  College attendance is different.  Why? 

I’ll go ahead and say it, but maybe the clientele is just different? The entire make up. Jimmy’s, Jane’, Joe’s and Joan’s. The same thing you see on Friday nights when comparing programs.  Jimmy’s and Joe’s more times than not.  Not all schools and football programs are playing w the same deck of cards.  Or even close. 

• Like 6

• theguru changed the title to 2023-2024 Football Realignment